"This Ain't Your Mother's Marijuana"

That shit will shrink your nuts, boys.

Been smoking on a regular basis since 2002 when I retired. Nope, no nut shrinkage here. I do have a bad case of old man balls though. I used to laugh when I heard the old men talk about their balls hanging to their knees, but now that I'm that old, it's starting to happen to me.
Don't go walking in a dark room.

1 hour ago 29 Aug 2019 Federal Health Officials Issue Warning
'This ain't your mother's marijuana,' surgeon general says
'....Three-fold increase in THC....'

This should sufficiently stone the fetus.
Is there even one case of someone overdosing on marijuana?

How much longer must we pay the price of FDR's stupid, racist "Reefer Madness"
Just one OD on Pot was reported by Science American in their last mag. It was not deadly he was to happy.

That shit will shrink your nuts, boys.

Been smoking on a regular basis since 2002 when I retired. Nope, no nut shrinkage here. I do have a bad case of old man balls though. I used to laugh when I heard the old men talk about their balls hanging to their knees, but now that I'm that old, it's starting to happen to me.

TMI....like anybody here gives a shit what your balls are doing. The secret to not having your balls shrink from smoking rope is to drink beer with it...that swells em back up.

The weed I smoked in yesteryear was every bit as good as the best of today.
Pine bud,skunk and a shitload of others were every bit as potent.
I think they are talking about the weed from the 60s before you were born.

Possibly.
This was in the mid eighties. You could get an oz for 80 bucks.
And if it was in your car or house/apartment there was no way to hide the smell.
It reeked!!!! In a goodway.

Now having spoken, #17 is obviously uneducated in plant chemistry and pharmacognosy, and #11 is contradicting themself. Neither can argue against the fact that the cannabinoid receptors in their brains do not know when there is more THC. Those receptors will develop THC tolerance according to dose, which the user can never scientifically define. Neither poster has yet presented evidence opposing the Surgeon General's statement about THC level.

In Detroit we got all the fancy shit from Acapulco and Maui....but I kinda preferred the free ditch weed still around the farms that grew hemp for the war effort. This was before cross-pollinating, artificial lighting, soil nutrients...all that. Just Michigan rain and sunshine....hang it upside down, wait a week, cut off the buds, pack of zig zags and put some Jimi on the box.

Contrary to popular myth, the strains aren't any more potent, in and of themselves, today than they were 50 years ago.....It's that you can now get your weed professionally cultivated, cured, and packaged, all of which preserves the potency.

Back in the days of Mexican and Colombian brick weed, all the effort that went into compressing it to make it more transportable, and all the other handling, packaging, and repackaging needed to get the devil's lettuce from farmer to consumer degraded the potency significantly.
i have to agree....the so called new stuff i have tried doesnt seem much different than the good stuff back then,its just much cleaner,all buds, no seeds and stems...
The seeds are $10 each
i havent seen a seed in years...

Is there even one case of someone overdosing on marijuana?

How much longer must we pay the price of FDR's stupid, racist "Reefer Madness"

Exactly. And, while people are bitching that careful cultivation and interbreeding of the hybrid strains is resulting in more THC, it's not, it's just that we are growing it better.

And, if you're gonna bitch about that, they you gotta start bitching about all the new strains of crops that are drought and bug resistant because of careful breeding.

And, interestingly enough, not all marijuana strains are the same. If you go to a 420 store and buy some, the label on the packaging will tell you exactly what the THC content is, and what kinds of THC and CBD are in it, and how much. I've had some strains that were only 14 percent, and I've had strains that were as high as 23 percent. The higher THC content really doesn't seem to have that much of a stronger effect than the lower content strains.

Besides..................I like the thought of being able to go into a store, pick whatever strains happen to strike me as good at the time, knowing that there is nothing else in it, no PCP, no fentanyl, no other drugs period, just good clean buds rich in crystals.
just bought 2 8ths....one was 20% the other 24%....

Possibly.
And if it was in your car or house/apartment there was no way to hide the smell.

You know, I was in CO back in May, and was shocked at the prices there. Seems that competition is great for the consumer. When I first started going up there when they first legalized it, marijuana was around 90 bucks for 1/4 oz. When I went up there in May, I was able to get an excellent Sativa for 58.60 for a FULL OZ (10 percent military discount). Prices have dropped quite a bit since they first started.

Now having spoken, #17 is obviously uneducated in plant chemistry and pharmacognosy, and #11 is contradicting themself. Neither can argue against the fact that the cannabinoid receptors in their brains do not know when there is more THC. Those receptors will develop THC tolerance according to dose, which the user can never scientifically define. Neither poster has yet presented evidence opposing the Surgeon General's statement about THC level.

Interesting thing about smoking marijuana...................if you stop smoking and stay away from it for about a week or so, when you start smoking again, it's almost like your first time smoking ever.

Possibly.

You know, I was in CO back in May, and was shocked at the prices there. Seems that competition is great for the consumer. When I first started going up there when they first legalized it, marijuana was around 90 bucks for 1/4 oz. When I went up there in May, I was able to get an excellent Sativa for 58.60 for a FULL OZ (10 percent military discount). Prices have dropped quite a bit since they first started.

Military discount?

I find that, with stronger pot, I just smoke less...

That probably wouldn't occur to a conservative.

EXACTLY!!!!!! If a particular strain is stronger, instead of smoking 3-4 hits, I only take 1 or 2, and am good for an hour.

Contrary to popular myth, the strains aren't any more potent, in and of themselves, today than they were 50 years ago.....It's that you can now get your weed professionally cultivated, cured, and packaged, all of which preserves the potency.

Back in the days of Mexican and Colombian brick weed, all the effort that went into compressing it to make it more transportable, and all the other handling, packaging, and repackaging needed to get the devil's lettuce from farmer to consumer degraded the potency significantly.
i have to agree....the so called new stuff i have tried doesnt seem much different than the good stuff back then,its just much cleaner,all buds, no seeds and stems...
The seeds are $10 each
i havent seen a seed in years...

You know, it had been a while since I'd seen a seed, until I got some Durban Poison (distinctive looking black buds). I had put some in my water pipe, and when I lit it, I heard that distinctive "pop" of a seed. I thought I was hearing things until it happened again. I then opened up my package and looked through it, and while there weren't many, there was about 3 or 4 in the oz.

Interesting thing about smoking marijuana...................if you stop smoking and stay away from it for about a week or so, when you start smoking again, it's almost like your first time smoking ever.

I only smoke a bowl or two a day in the evening if that.
I go a weeks at times. I smoke when i get that urge.....hmmmmmm,a bowl sounds pretty good about now.

Possibly.

Military discount?

Yep. Never thought I'd see something like that EVER. Seems that in the 420 shops up there, if you can produce a military ID like a VA card or a retired military ID, they will give you 10 to 15 percent off of the listed price for being a veteran. I was talking to one store owner, and he said that they also give discounts to police officers and firemen as well.

Kinda nice being able to use my retired ID card to get a discount.

I only smoke a bowl or two a day in the evening if that.
I go a weeks at times. I smoke when i get that urge.....hmmmmmm,a bowl sounds pretty good about now.

Daily smoker here, and I usually go through 2 to 3 bowls/day. And, the bowl that I have on my water pipe, 1 joint from CO stores is 3 bowls.

Forum List

Back