"This Ain't Your Mother's Marijuana"

You can't make this stuff. We have about a quarter century of government warnings on cigarette smoking, hundreds of anti-smoking ads in your face, hollywood censoring cigarette smoking and second hand smoke health alerts. We have people shooting drugs in public and shitting on sidewalks but in the same cities they will slap the cuffs on you if you smoke a cigarette. You have to ask yourself why is marijuana tolerated but not cigarettes (and cigars)? Hollywood encourages and jokes about it and there is no effort by society to curb the smoking of noxious weeds containing virtually the same amount of toxic junk as tobacco with the added mental problems. Pot head movies might be parodies but they are close to the truth.

whitehall enters thread...

tumblr_nns39x7uh01r1nr2ko1_500.gif

THC Content Varies According To Strain

Mar 2018 Colorado, Brief Manipulation of Strain Use
A Novel Observational Method for Assessing Acute Responses to Cannabis: Preliminary Validation Using Legal Market Strains. - PubMed - NCBI
'....The THC+CBD strain was associated with lower levels of cannabis craving, subjective intoxication, and circulating cytokines.'

You know, I did get some once that had a high CBD/low THC content (13 percent), and while it was EXCELLENT for pain relief, you didn't notice much in the way of a high. And, it had a distinctive herbal flavor.

Contrary to popular myth, the strains aren't any more potent, in and of themselves, today than they were 50 years ago.....It's that you can now get your weed professionally cultivated, cured, and packaged, all of which preserves the potency.

Back in the days of Mexican and Colombian brick weed, all the effort that went into compressing it to make it more transportable, and all the other handling, packaging, and repackaging needed to get the devil's lettuce from farmer to consumer degraded the potency significantly.
i have to agree....the so called new stuff i have tried doesnt seem much different than the good stuff back then,its just much cleaner,all buds, no seeds and stems...
The seeds are $10 each
i havent seen a seed in years...

You know, it had been a while since I'd seen a seed, until I got some Durban Poison (distinctive looking black buds). I had put some in my water pipe, and when I lit it, I heard that distinctive "pop" of a seed. I thought I was hearing things until it happened again. I then opened up my package and looked through it, and while there weren't many, there was about 3 or 4 in the oz.
Durbin Poison.....they do have some imaginative names for the different strains...

Contrary to popular myth, the strains aren't any more potent, in and of themselves, today than they were 50 years ago.....It's that you can now get your weed professionally cultivated, cured, and packaged, all of which preserves the potency.

Back in the days of Mexican and Colombian brick weed, all the effort that went into compressing it to make it more transportable, and all the other handling, packaging, and repackaging needed to get the devil's lettuce from farmer to consumer degraded the potency significantly.
i have to agree....the so called new stuff i have tried doesnt seem much different than the good stuff back then,its just much cleaner,all buds, no seeds and stems...

Real Country.

The weed I smoked in yesteryear was every bit as good as the best of today.
Pine bud,skunk and a shitload of others were every bit as potent.
I think they are talking about the weed from the 60s before you were born.

Possibly.
This was in the mid eighties. You could get an oz for 80 bucks.
And if it was in your car or house/apartment there was no way to hide the smell.
It reeked!!!! In a goodway.

You know, I was in CO back in May, and was shocked at the prices there. Seems that competition is great for the consumer. When I first started going up there when they first legalized it, marijuana was around 90 bucks for 1/4 oz. When I went up there in May, I was able to get an excellent Sativa for 58.60 for a FULL OZ (10 percent military discount). Prices have dropped quite a bit since they first started.

Military discount?

Yep. Never thought I'd see something like that EVER. Seems that in the 420 shops up there, if you can produce a military ID like a VA card or a retired military ID, they will give you 10 to 15 percent off of the listed price for being a veteran. I was talking to one store owner, and he said that they also give discounts to police officers and firemen as well.

Kinda nice being able to use my retired ID card to get a discount.

I'm gonna assume this isnt backed by our armed forces.

The seeds are $10 each

You know, it had been a while since I'd seen a seed, until I got some Durban Poison (distinctive looking black buds). I had put some in my water pipe, and when I lit it, I heard that distinctive "pop" of a seed. I thought I was hearing things until it happened again. I then opened up my package and looked through it, and while there weren't many, there was about 3 or 4 in the oz.
Durbin Poison.....they do have some imaginative names for the different strains...

That's just one of the strains I like. There is also Jesus OG, Golden Goat, Gorilla Glue, Strawberry Cough (and yeah, when you cough, you taste strawberries), among others.

Sometimes, when I go into a store and can't decide between the two after checking out what the buds look like and how it smells because they are very similar, I usually go with the one that has the more interesting name.

The seeds are $10 each

That's just one of the strains I like. There is also Jesus OG, Golden Goat, Gorilla Glue, Strawberry Cough (and yeah, when you cough, you taste strawberries), among others.

Sometimes, when I go into a store and can't decide between the two after checking out what the buds look like and how it smells because they are very similar, I usually go with the one that has the more interesting name.

And you bring this back to Texas?

The seeds are $10 each

And you bring this back to Texas?

I've got a cousin up in Greely that lets me visit during the summer and stay with her for free.

The seeds are $10 each

i had the Strawberry cough some months back...i find that they very seldom have what i had previously....but to me their aint much of a difference between them...

The seeds are $10 each

i had the Strawberry cough some months back...i find that they very seldom have what i had previously....but to me their aint much of a difference between them...

I've found that most times I can find what I'm looking for (Tropical Limon btw is a very nice strain), but sometimes, I have to wait until I go up there the next time if it is a new or popular strain.

I've found that most times I can find what I'm looking for (Tropical Limon btw is a very nice strain), but sometimes, I have to wait until I go up there the next time if it is a new or popular strain.
is it Lemon or Limon?....ill see if they have it....

Here in Hawaii they call the Pot Shops, Dispensaries... Three different business's with 5 different locations here on Oahu... I get a 10% Military, 10% Kupuna (Senior) and .10 cents on the dollar towards future purchases... If I spend $90.00 I get $9.00 of my next purchase...
I have only found one strain I am willing to smoke... I don't do the vaporizer or concentrates... Unfortunately edibles are only sold in lozenge or capsule form... So I smoke... I smoke when I want to... If I have something to do, I don't smoke... I just renewed my 329 Medical Cannabis card... Cost me $250.00 for two years... I can buy up to 4 ounces of product every 15 days. The way I smoke pot I doubt very seriously if I could smoke 4 ounces in 2 years...

Da Glue
Hybrid
THC %: 27.4

1032010-alt1.jpg

#43: The cbd content rather than thc content may have something to do with it.

I might have to disagree with that. I've been partaking in reefer for the better part of 40 years and the quality is unbelievable now. Back in the day the finest I ever encountered was either Kona Bud, little whole buds from Hawaii or Columbian Gold (it truly was the color of gold). While the gold was compressed and transported, the kona, I've had right from the farm. Neither is even remotely comparable to what's available now.

Your mother’s marijuana is bad enough to cause depersonalization issues and psychotic episodes so whether any new strains are more potent or not is moot.
There needs to be a serious comprehensive public awareness campaign to warn people — and especially young people — of the very real risks pot poses.

is it Lemon or Limon?....ill see if they have it....

Limon. And yeah, if you find some, get it. I promise you will enjoy it a great deal. When I spent 2 weeks with my cousin in Greely when her daughter graduated, that was all I smoked because it was so good. Nice taste as well.

Forum List

Back