"This Ain't Your Mother's Marijuana"

There must be some physico-chemical basis for depersonalization and psychosis.

29 Aug 2019 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
(URL will work if typed into the spacebar)
THC cartridges become focus of vaping injuries; Milwaukee dealers making $2 million a month on sales, police say

30 Aug 2019 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, THC Vaping Focus of State Probe Into Injuries
'As doctors and other public health officials across the country scramble to find out exactly what is causing severe lung injuries in teens and young adults, the focus in Wisconsin is turning to THC cartridges. Officials with the state Department of Health Services said Thursday that 24 of the 27 individuals with confirmed lung injuries were in the state reported vaping oil with THC, the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis.

Officials cautioned, however, that they have not ruled out nicotine vapes as potential culprits as well. Sixteen -- nearly 60% -- of the same 27 people hospitalized sadi they vaped nicotine. Health officials would not say how many reported using both.

"There's a lot of overlapping use," said Jonathan Meiman, chief medical officer with the department. Meiman said federal health officials are doing lab testing and trying to pinpoint specific chemicals or ingredients that may be responsible for the damage. "That's the question we and every other state are trying to answer," he said. The list of brands and flavors of both nicotine and THC products used by the injured patients varied, he said. Those with intimate knowledge of the cannabis market in Wisconsin have told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that THC cartridge sales have soared recently, with a huge uptick in counterfeit products.

Police in Milwaukee in recent months arrested two men suspected of selling drugs that included THC cartridges, some of which were counterfeit and sold under the popular Supreme and Brass Knuckles brand names. One alleged dealer, Muhanad "Mo" Wardeh, was living downtown in the upscale North End apartment complex along the river, and in tandem with two other dealers, according to a criminal complaint. He was making $800,000 to $2 million per month selling THC cartridges, according to a criminal complaint filed in MIlwaukee County in April.

Wardeh, 24, claimed he was a member of "the cartel," the documents state. A source familiar with the case told the Journal Sentinel the cartridges he sold had names such as Blueberry Haze, Sour Diesel, Tropical and Girl Scout Cookies. Some of the THC cartridges were found on students in Milwaukee-area high schools, the source said.

Another of the alleged dealers, Joel McGinn, was also selling Supreme brand and refilling the cartridges himself, the complaint states. McGinn told police he and Wardeh, together with another dealer, sold about 20,000 THC cartridges per month -- accounting for the up to $2 million in revenue. When McGinn was arrested last year, a drug-sniffing dog named Sunny pointed officers to McGinn's pockets and backpack, according to a search warrant. Inside police found $49,320 in cash, a warrant states.

A subsequent search of his apartment in the 1400 block of North Jefferson Street turned up nearly 1,000 small empty boxes labeled "Hybrid Supreme Girl Scout Cookies -- 96% THC," court records state. Police also found plastic test tubes, additional THC packages and multiple cell phones, the records say. In a news release Thursday, Wisconsin officials said they were continuing to investigate "all possible causes" of the lung injuries, which have been reported across the country in recent weeks.

"Vaping cartridges containing THC may include chemicals or additives that are unknown, unregulated, and unsafe," DHS Secretary-designee Andrea Palm said in the release. "We strongly urge people not to vape." There are 32 "confirmed and probable" cases in Wisconsin, with an additional 11 patients whose cases need further investigation, state officials said. Fourteen Wisconsin counties have cases: Dane, Dodge, Door, Green, Kenosha, La Crosse, Milwaukee, Portage, Racine, Sauk, Walworth, Washington, Waukesha and Winnebago.

One patient died in Illinois last week, but no deaths have been reported in Wisconsin. Federal officials are investigating 200 possible cases in at least 22 states.'

You know, vape machines that use nicotine use propelyne glycol as one of the agents to cause the vape smoke.

They think that could very well be the cause.

1 hour ago 29 Aug 2019 Federal Health Officials Issue Warning
'This ain't your mother's marijuana,' surgeon general says
'....Three-fold increase in THC....'

This should sufficiently stone the fetus.

wizard-of-oz-not-in-kansas.gif

And now for the facts:
In the sixties/seventies the THC level for street dope was about 3%.
For those of you who are truly ignorant the THC is found in the resin glands adhering to the underside of the leaves. The leaves themselves contain NO THC!!!!!!!!!
Today's THC level in the glands are about six times greater.
Smoking today's street dope is getting close to the effect 'hard drugs' has on the brain.
People who claim otherwise are lying to you.
Ever heard of hashish?
Would you like to learn what hashish is?
In fields growing dope plants people wearing leather aprons walk through the dope fields. The sticky resin glands on the underside of the dope plants stick to the leather aprons. The aprons get a buildup of sticky resin on them. The aprons are then scrapped off. What is scraped off is hashish. The hashish is usually put into a press and a brick or a LP shaped block is formed. Usually the press has a carved identifying motift on it so the buyer can know where the hashish came from.

And now for the facts:
For those of you who are truly ignorant the THC is found in the resin glands adhering to the underside of the leaves. The leaves themselves contain NO THC!!!!!!!!!
Smoking today's street dope is getting close to the effect 'hard drugs' has on the brain.
Ever heard of hashish?
In fields growing dope plants people wearing leather aprons walk through the dope fields. The sticky resin glands on the underside of the dope plants stick to the leather aprons. The aprons get a buildup of sticky resin on them. The aprons are then scrapped off. What is scraped off is hashish. The hashish is usually put into a press and a brick or a LP shaped block is formed. Usually the press has a carved identifying motift on it so the buyer can know where the hashish came from.
I only known about hashish from this movie.

And now for the facts:
Ever heard of hashish?

would you drink as much whiskey (volume) as beer?

with pot being more potent rational people smoke less.

Last night I came home from a long day out yard sailing.

1 place had a few guitars and amps and it was the end of the day so I made a pile and got a pretty good deal!

after supper I smoked a little pot (2 hits off a pipe) and then spent the evening checking out the musical equip.

Here is my question: Should I go to jail for 10 years? or only 5?

How extreme must my punishment be for smoking pot and playing guitar?

Here's what the Surgeon General gets wrong about marijuana

There is nothing novel or altogether objectionable about the nation’s top public health official speaking out in an effort to discourage cannabis use, especially among young people and other potential higher-risk populations. However, the Surgeon General’s campaign launch emphasized a variety of questionable and inaccurate claims that not only undermine his credibility but also his cause.

For example, in an Aug. 30 tweet, the Surgeon General contended that youth access to cannabis has increased as a result of adult-use legalization laws. But this claim is not accurate. Adolescents self-reported ease of marijuana access has declined in recent years, according to peer-reviewed data.

Teen marijuana use is also falling, including in legal cannabis states. In fact, data published in July in the journal "JAMA Pediatrics" reports, “Consistent with the results of previous researchers, there was no evidence that the legalization of medical marijuana encourages marijuana use among youth. Moreover, … marijuana use among youth may actually decline after legalization for recreational purposes.”

National data compiled by the federal government affirms this. According to an August 2019 report issued by the United States Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, past-year marijuana consumption by those ages 12 to 17 has fallen consistently since 2002, from 15.8 percent to 12.5 percent. Since 2012, when Colorado and Washington became the first states to regulate adult-use access, past-year youth use has fallen eight percent nationwide.

The Surgeon General also trotted out the long debunked "gateway theory" — claiming that marijuana “primes the brain” for “the addiction to other substances.” In fact, as the US National Institute on Drug Abuse acknowledges, “[T]he majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other 'harder' substances.” Furthermore, most people who experiment with cannabis cease their use of it by their late-twenties, typically as they enter the workforce and begin to raise a family.

More notably, several recent studies indicate that cannabis and ........

Dogs aren't humans, and they react differently to things than we do. Humans can eat chocolate, but if dogs eat it, it kills them.

Anyone getting their dog, or better yet, any dog stoned, should be flogged. Mercilessly.

Well, that depends hjmick. The reason I say that is because there are some pets out there that actually LIKE marijuana smoke. Had a huge black cat that I named Cement because every time I lit up my pipe and he was in the room, he would jump on the couch next to me, look at me and meow, asking for me to blow smoke in his face. After about 2 hits, he would jump on the floor, and lay down purring for about 30 min., then he would ask to go outside for a bit.

There are some animals that dig marijuana as much as humans do.

Dogs aren't humans, and they react differently to things than we do. Humans can eat chocolate, but if dogs eat it, it kills them.

Anyone getting their dog, or better yet, any dog stoned, should be flogged. Mercilessly.

Well, that depends hjmick. The reason I say that is because there are some pets out there that actually LIKE marijuana smoke. Had a huge black cat that I named Cement because every time I lit up my pipe and he was in the room, he would jump on the couch next to me, look at me and meow, asking for me to blow smoke in his face. After about 2 hits, he would jump on the floor, and lay down purring for about 30 min., then he would ask to go outside for a bit.

There are some animals that dig marijuana as much as humans do.

Maybe. My reaction was born from my love of dogs. I just wouldn't do it, can't say that it's crossed my mind... at least not since high school... Okay... I'll back off my suggestion of merciless flogging...

Maybe. My reaction was born from my love of dogs. I just wouldn't do it, can't say that it's crossed my mind... at least not since high school... Okay... I'll back off my suggestion of merciless flogging...

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love animals of all sorts. Had dogs all through my childhood, and if I had a place that would allow me to have one now, I'd probably have a dog instead of 2 cats.

Incidentally, a neighbor of mine has a dog that likes to have smoke blown in their face.

And, if the animal is coming up and asking for it, I don't see any harm in letting them try it once to see if they like it.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love animals of all sorts. Had dogs all through my childhood, and if I had a place that would allow me to have one now, I'd probably have a dog instead of 2 cats.

Incidentally, a neighbor of mine has a dog that likes to have smoke blown in their face.

And, if the animal is coming up and asking for it, I don't see any harm in letting them try it once to see if they like it.

I never doubted your love of animals... Hell, you have cats and we all know they are plotting to take over the world. But for dogs, they may have already succeeded... Anyone who can put up with cats... LOL

What a fucking IDIOT you are!
Humans make a conscious decision to inhale dope smoke into their lungs. Pets do not!
So it's also OK to put alcohol in your pet's water dish because YOU think the pet enjoys getting pissed? Same thing asshole!
Fucking get a brain!
What you are doing is animal abuse.
There's not a vet in the world who would agree with you!

I think they are talking about the weed from the 60s before you were born.

Possibly.
This was in the mid eighties. You could get an oz for 80 bucks.
And if it was in your car or house/apartment there was no way to hide the smell.
It reeked!!!! In a goodway.

You know, I was in CO back in May, and was shocked at the prices there. Seems that competition is great for the consumer. When I first started going up there when they first legalized it, marijuana was around 90 bucks for 1/4 oz. When I went up there in May, I was able to get an excellent Sativa for 58.60 for a FULL OZ (10 percent military discount). Prices have dropped quite a bit since they first started.

Military discount?

Yep. Never thought I'd see something like that EVER. Seems that in the 420 shops up there, if you can produce a military ID like a VA card or a retired military ID, they will give you 10 to 15 percent off of the listed price for being a veteran. I was talking to one store owner, and he said that they also give discounts to police officers and firemen as well.

Kinda nice being able to use my retired ID card to get a discount.

I'm gonna assume this isnt backed by our armed forces.

Veterans discount not active duty.

Forum List

Back