This board's political alignment seems to have changed since the election. What is yours?

Where are you politically from the choices below

• Far left

• Left

• Center left

• Center

• Center right

• Right

• Far right

Results are only viewable after voting.
It seems there are way less Progs than there were before the election and even since the spring.

What is your political ideology that you lean, in general.

In general, of course many have crossover issues.

What the hell is a "Prog" anyway? Far as I know that was a century ago.

I keep asking for that definition on this board from those who use it, and I have yet to get one. Other than the roughly 1890-1920 one I already know.

Pretty hard to take a position here if said positions can't be defined.
PBS uses the word to describe left of left. Like Sanders. Not a judgment, but I've noticed them using Prog that way.

I don't see that as a sufficient equation. As in quantifiable.

A "Progressive" as used a century ago meant part of a movement calling for accountable government, opposing entrenched corruption and dealing with the turbulence of the rapid industrialization/urbanization/immigration of that time, all of which were forefront issues.

I don't think anyone can argue that the political dynamics of 2017 are the same as those of 1917. One glaring contemporary contrast is the Lost Cause movement --- vibrant and erecting statues the same statues then that are under serious review now. So applying the same term to two different eras' sociopolitical environments is automatically problematic.

Then there's the distinction between "a Progressive" (capital P, the noun) and ""progressive" (small P, the adjective). The former was a proponent of the movement of a century ago, the latter is a generic adjective applied to anything at any time. Meaning a state of "progress". Not sure who doesn't value "progress" --- a Luddite? :dunno:

I think that's why I've never gotten a definition. Doesn't mean anything.
People here are very sensitive about labels. I'm just tellin ya how I've heard it being used. Warren. Sanders. The Alt Right of the Left, so to speak. It is not flung around so much as Alt Right, but it's accumulating a new connotation.

Yes I understand that. And I've seen it used here, and I've seen some quote, for example Hillary Clinton using the label on themselves.

But none of that defines what it IS.

People self-labeling means less than nothing. A politician will self-label as "patriotic", "concerned", "proud", "monitoring", "pro-this", "pro-that", "anti-this", "anti-that", "on your side" and perpetually "pro-America". That's all emotional bullshit without a quantification. "Progressive" (the adjective) merely means a state of progress. Unless we jump in a time machine and toss it into Reverse--- everything that happens is "progress".

Last edited:
This is exactly what I mean by never getting a coherent definition. Exactly.

Legitimate definitions simply do not involve emotional bullshit. The only conclusion remaining is that this "Progressive", when not speaking of a social movement long in the past, is an emotional bullshit term.

Obama referred to himself as a progressive, his words from his mouth.

What part of "definition" is flying over so many heads here??

"________ " referred to himself/herself as a 'progressive" IS NOT A DEFINITION. :banghead:

Holy shit. I could refer to myself as the freaking Easter Bunny --- that doesn't define what "Easter Bunny" means.

You need a definition for Obama? The self described progressive is a lying lawless thug puke liberal scumbag who defends illegals even while they kill, rape, assault thousands of American citizens. There you have your definition.
Well, there's certainly nothing emotional in that. LOL

Just sit in the back lib and don't do a lot of talking while Trump cleans up your mess.
Trump is not known for cleaning up messes His forte is making messes and walking away untouched

Progressive. It's what Hillary and Bernie call themselves and you people these days, since the term "liberal" when applied to you induces fits of laughter among those possessing an educated and sound mind.

Legitimate definitions simply do not involve emotional bullshit. The only conclusion remaining is that this "Progressive", when not speaking of a social movement long in the past, is an emotional bullshit term.

"________ " referred to himself/herself as a 'progressive" IS NOT A DEFINITION. :banghead:

Holy shit. I could refer to myself as the freaking Easter Bunny --- that doesn't define what "Easter Bunny" means.

You need a definition for Obama? The self described progressive is a lying lawless thug puke liberal scumbag who defends illegals even while they kill, rape, assault thousands of American citizens. There you have your definition.
And here I thought he was Mt Rushmore bound

Just sit in the back lib and don't do a lot of talking while Trump cleans up your mess.
Trump is not known for cleaning up messes His forte is making messes and walking away untouched

What did I just tell you libs about sitting in the back and not talking? Maybe I can distract you, oh look a sale on hummus.

It seems there are way less Progs than there were before the election and even since the spring.

I keep asking for that definition on this board from those who use it, and I have yet to get one. Other than the roughly 1890-1920 one I already know.

New World Order, One World Government, Get rid of Congress and the Courts.

It's trying to happen now and there will be blood in the streets. Liberal blood.

Check out this site and see the murderous traitors who infiltrated the Government.

JosephStalin-Undermine.png

Dems-Confused.jpg

PROGRESSIVE:

Liberal Motto: Where You Can't Legislate, Regulate!

"Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face." ~ Thomas Sowell

“A liberal doesn't care what you do as long as it is mandatory.” ~ Charles Krauthammer

Otherwise known, as obviously evident, as secular selective human reasoning: selective tolerance, selective diversity, selective "hate," selective discrimination, selective free speech, selective reporting and transparency, etc.

What defines a progressive liberal

"Earstohear.net"? :rofl:

No I mean some legitimate source. Like one that actually knows what the term "Liberal" means. Which is another term that those operating the Memory Hole would have us recycle to mean its own opposite.

Sorry, can't do that. :nono:

And btw your Krauthammer quote is fake. It's a real quote, but rendered as a joke. Hence the dubiquity of the source that purports to use it as real. Hate to break this to ya but not everything you can find on the internets is honest. Who knew.

I don't argue with fools and the infirm. That site got all their information from the media and official documents. Progressives are out to destroy the country and fools like you are blind to it.

And I just demonstrated that they lied with the Krauthammer quote.
It was the first one I looked up. Should I go get more?

And here I thought he was Mt Rushmore bound

Maybe as a sightseer.

Progressive. It's what Hillary and Bernie call themselves and you people these days, since the term "liberal" when applied to you induces fits of laughter among those possessing an educated and sound mind.

black con man work?

black con man work?

A lazy do nothing government moocher.

black con man work?

A lazy do nothing government moocher.
K

PBS uses the word to describe left of left. Like Sanders. Not a judgment, but I've noticed them using Prog that way.

A "Progressive" as used a century ago meant part of a movement calling for accountable government, opposing entrenched corruption and dealing with the turbulence of the rapid industrialization/urbanization/immigration of that time, all of which were forefront issues.

I don't think anyone can argue that the political dynamics of 2017 are the same as those of 1917. One glaring contemporary contrast is the Lost Cause movement --- vibrant and erecting statues the same statues then that are under serious review now. So applying the same term to two different eras' sociopolitical environments is automatically problematic.

Then there's the distinction between "a Progressive" (capital P, the noun) and ""progressive" (small P, the adjective). The former was a proponent of the movement of a century ago, the latter is a generic adjective applied to anything at any time. Meaning a state of "progress". Not sure who doesn't value "progress" --- a Luddite? :dunno:

People here are very sensitive about labels. I'm just tellin ya how I've heard it being used. Warren. Sanders. The Alt Right of the Left, so to speak. It is not flung around so much as Alt Right, but it's accumulating a new connotation.

Yes I understand that. And I've seen it used here, and I've seen some quote, for example Hillary Clinton using the label on themselves.

I think you would be the perfect person to pen that definition, Pogo, once enough examples of its new use have been collected so that you can summarize and put into a nutshell what "progressive" these days actually means.

You are probably right, though, that it is being misused as much as it is being used with a specific meaning in mind. So it can't have a clear definition since it is being used to define more than one thing.

The conservative mods got caught up in the Trump hysteria and banned/discouraged liberals every chance they got. I was banned on election day for telling a mod that 4Chan is not a reliable source of information and pointing out they were violating board rules for linking to another forum.
Name one conservative moderator. I've yet to note any.
Westwall is a diehard Trump supporter.

Willhaftawaite is also a conservative.

So there's two.

I think you would be the perfect person to pen that definition, Pogo, once enough examples of its new use have been collected so that you can summarize and put into a nutshell what "progressive" these days actually means.

You are probably right, though, that it is being misused as much as it is being used with a specific meaning in mind. So it can't have a clear definition since it is being used to define more than one thing.
well if you have no definition how can it be used wrong? that has no logic.

The conservative mods got caught up in the Trump hysteria and banned/discouraged liberals every chance they got. I was banned on election day for telling a mod that 4Chan is not a reliable source of information and pointing out they were violating board rules for linking to another forum.

So there's two.
I'm a trump supporter, your point?

It's trying to happen now and there will be blood in the streets. Liberal blood.

Check out this site and see the murderous traitors who infiltrated the Government.

Dems-Confused.jpg

PROGRESSIVE:

“A liberal doesn't care what you do as long as it is mandatory.” ~ Charles Krauthammer

Otherwise known, as obviously evident, as secular selective human reasoning: selective tolerance, selective diversity, selective "hate," selective discrimination, selective free speech, selective reporting and transparency, etc.

No I mean some legitimate source. Like one that actually knows what the term "Liberal" means. Which is another term that those operating the Memory Hole would have us recycle to mean its own opposite.

And btw your Krauthammer quote is fake. It's a real quote, but rendered as a joke. Hence the dubiquity of the source that purports to use it as real. Hate to break this to ya but not everything you can find on the internets is honest. Who knew.

I don't argue with fools and the infirm. That site got all their information from the media and official documents. Progressives are out to destroy the country and fools like you are blind to it.

You seem to find everything to dispute the truth. I answered your post at the beginning with MY words that Progressives are out to destroy this country. Prove me wrong.

Dems-Confused.jpg

PROGRESSIVE:

You seem to find everything to dispute the truth. I answered your post at the beginning with MY words that Progressives are out to destroy this country. Prove me wrong.

I can't. Because no one can define what a "Progressive" ***IS***. Which is right back where we started, full circle.

Holy shit this is like eating a rock....

So there's two.
Well, I was going to say he's a pseudocon tard like you, but I was trying to be nice. He has a very thin skin.

So there's two.
Well, I was going to say he's a pseudocon tard like you, but I was trying to be nice. He has a very thin skin.
what is the definition of pseudocon?

(and btw it would be "fewer Progs" --- not "less".
"Less rain --- fewer raindrops")

This is just my humble opinion but, in this strange post-Obama world of today, I think the labels Democrat, Progressive, Liberal, Socialist, Marxist, and Bolshevik.....are all interchangeable.

Also, you ought to quit pestering the educated for definitions, and go read a dictionary.

Tough poll. I don't consider myself to be far right nor even "right wing" at all for that matter. . . but I damn sure am not left.... so, if that makes me a rightly? So be it.

Last edited:

That's just it --- I can't do that. Not just because it's recycled and therefore already has a definition from another era, but because no one can or will say what they mean. It's a meaningless pseudo-slur. I've been soliticing this definition for literally years here and all I ever get is either the emotional butthurt ad homs, or the empty "_________ called himself/herself a 'progressive" which expects to attach a Composition Fallacy, which never works.

Exactly. Apparently those that can only engage in slurs seem to think their perversion of "Liberal" worked, and think they can mine another one out of the past. It's bizzaro.

Well this quest has gone to the same Nowhere it always did before, so I guess that's my answer.

Forum List

Back