This country ranks No. 1 for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (its not America)

This country ranks No. 1 for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (its not America)
This country ranks No. 1 for ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness’ (it’s not America)
Norway ranked the No. 1 place for happiness and personal freedom, according to an analysis of three separate studies on life expectancy by the World Bank, on civil liberties from Freedom House, a New York-based nonprofit that conducts research on advocacy and democracy, on happiness from the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), a group linked to the United Nations, and on rule of law from the World Justice Project, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit.

The U.S. has seen its happiness slide happiness over the last decade. In 2007, it ranked No. 3 among the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development countries. Last year, it was 19th, down from 13th the year before. “The predominant political discourse in the United States is aimed at raising economic growth, with the goal of restoring the American Dream and the happiness that is supposed to accompany it. But the data show conclusively that this is the wrong approach,” the report concluded.

For those interviewed in the report, perception is reality. At least, as far as their happiness is concerned and, experts say, the divisive political climate likely hasn’t helped. “The United States can and should raise happiness by addressing America’s multi-faceted social crisis — rising inequality, corruption, isolation, and distrust — rather than focusing exclusively or even mainly on economic growth, especially since the concrete proposals along these lines would exacerbate rather than ameliorate the deepening social crisis,” the report said.

The U.S showed less social support, less sense of personal freedom, lower donations, and more perceived corruption of government and business, it said. “America’s crisis is, in short, a social crisis, not an economic crisis… Almost all of the policy discourse in Washington, D.C. centers on naïve attempts to raise the economic growth rate, as if a higher growth rate would somehow heal the deepening divisions and angst in American society. This kind of growth-only agenda is doubly wrong-headed.”

Social democracies lead the world!!! High political freedom, strong safetynet, educated population and high GDP per capita!

WTF does America have??? Low political freedom, weak safetynet that a certain party wants to do away with all together and to hell with the suffering poor, one of the lowest in education but the religious like it that way and a dropping GDP per capita.

America is becoming a second world country.

11. Feriepenger: Everyone in the world thinks that Norway gets a month of vacation during the summer and paid to not work. Well, this is very wrong. I, believe it or not, got more vacation time with pay in the United States than I do here in Norway. You see, the month Norwegians are mandated to take off in July, is unpaid. Many jobs and offices close down so you’re forced to not work. 30 Things You Should Know Before Moving To Norway

But there is a plus side...

Due to the Gene Technology Act, none GMOs are grown or sold in Norway. In addition, one county in Norway, Oppland, is declared GMO-free. Norway

`
I don't buy into the "American Exceptionalism" myth, at least not the way the republican conservatives and religious right define it and the democratic far lefts false "diversity is a strength" mantra, has destroyed any hope for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The Democrats are just fine. What's wrong with four weeks paid vacation after year free healthcare free daycare free college good infrastructure like every other modern country has?
The diversity thing is the crap Republican propaganda device. Democrats want to end illegal immigration. I'm not even sure Republican Masters even want to end it. They love the cheap easily bullied labor.

This country ranks No. 1 for ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness’ (it’s not America)
Norway ranked the No. 1 place for happiness and personal freedom, according to an analysis of three separate studies on life expectancy by the World Bank, on civil liberties from Freedom House, a New York-based nonprofit that conducts research on advocacy and democracy, on happiness from the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), a group linked to the United Nations, and on rule of law from the World Justice Project, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit.

The U.S. has seen its happiness slide happiness over the last decade. In 2007, it ranked No. 3 among the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development countries. Last year, it was 19th, down from 13th the year before. “The predominant political discourse in the United States is aimed at raising economic growth, with the goal of restoring the American Dream and the happiness that is supposed to accompany it. But the data show conclusively that this is the wrong approach,” the report concluded.

For those interviewed in the report, perception is reality. At least, as far as their happiness is concerned and, experts say, the divisive political climate likely hasn’t helped. “The United States can and should raise happiness by addressing America’s multi-faceted social crisis — rising inequality, corruption, isolation, and distrust — rather than focusing exclusively or even mainly on economic growth, especially since the concrete proposals along these lines would exacerbate rather than ameliorate the deepening social crisis,” the report said.

The U.S showed less social support, less sense of personal freedom, lower donations, and more perceived corruption of government and business, it said. “America’s crisis is, in short, a social crisis, not an economic crisis… Almost all of the policy discourse in Washington, D.C. centers on naïve attempts to raise the economic growth rate, as if a higher growth rate would somehow heal the deepening divisions and angst in American society. This kind of growth-only agenda is doubly wrong-headed.”

Social democracies lead the world!!! High political freedom, strong safetynet, educated population and high GDP per capita!

WTF does America have??? Low political freedom, weak safetynet that a certain party wants to do away with all together and to hell with the suffering poor, one of the lowest in education but the religious like it that way and a dropping GDP per capita.

Comparing Norway to America is idiotic considering America is made up of many races and creeds, Norway, not so much.

Norway Population: 5.233 million.

America Population: 323.1 million

What is my point?

America is a lot larger in population and land size. Also America is a melting pot versus Norway which mean more races and nationalities.

So I know you will not understand those facts but bigger populated countries that are a melting pot will have more issues than a country that is small and the mostly the same ethnic group...

Exactly and that is another reason why we on the European Continent need to reject Melting Pots aka Multiculturalism, it would be interesting to see the figures of what America was like in health and general well being when you were predominantly all of European descent ie. pre-1965 Immigration, you know the one that Opened Americas Floodgates to the Third Worlders from everywhere from Mexico to Africa to Muslims from the Middle East.

View attachment 165218

Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 - Wikipedia

If The Donald in some way can void the above and replace it with what you had pre-1965 that would be a positive step in the right direction for America, replace it with this again:

View attachment 165219

Emergency Quota Act - Wikipedia

Canada is a melting pot country with an emphasis on multi-culturalism and we’re No. 3 on that life, liberty and freedom list. So much for your racist arguments Lucy.

The issues that are driving down US ratings are health insurance, income inequity and distrust of government and corporations. A government more focused on doing right by corporations than its citizens is a huge problem.

"Canada is a melting pot country with an emphasis on multi-culturalism and we’re No. 3 on that life, liberty and freedom list. So much for your racist arguments Lucy."

There is nothing racist in my comments re. Multiculturalism, I think if you did a poll of Americans they would say that they think America was happier and healthier when America wasn't full of MULTI MILLIONS of Mexicans and Islamists ie. pre-1965, I mean you see footage of America pre-1965 and it looks PERFECT and it looks HEALTHY and CLEAN and the people look HAPPY.

Re. Canada No. 3 yes check back in 5 years after Justin Faggot Trudeau has imported more Kebabs from the Middle East in his SJW mania to Abolish Canadian Canada and replace it with ANYBODY but Canadians because of you know Muh Slave Trade and Muh Colonialism.

upload_2017-12-10_6-37-53.png

^^^^ From the article the Top 7, FIVE of the seven are NOT known for being Multicultural Melting Pots, the five are Mr. Lucy's nation Norway, Australia, Netherlands, Finland and my nation Austria.

Sweden is happy because they are so crippled with Political Correctness they cannot get enough of that Cultural Enrichment from Kebabs and Sub Saharan Africans, Swedish women must enjoy being sexually violated by Kebabs and Sub Saharan Africans because Swedish men are now Beta Cuck Faggots who might as well just all Transgender as they are totally useless as men considering they don't care that Swedish women are getting raped by Kebabs and Sub Saharan Africans, see Malmö which is now the Second Highest Rape Capital of the World outside of Johannesburg in South Africa.

`
I don't buy into the "American Exceptionalism" myth, at least not the way the republican conservatives and religious right define it and the democratic far lefts false "diversity is a strength" mantra, has destroyed any hope for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The Democrats are just fine. What's wrong with four weeks paid vacation after year free healthcare free daycare free college good infrastructure like every other modern country has?
The diversity thing is the crap Republican propaganda device. Democrats want to end illegal immigration. I'm not even sure Republican Masters even want to end it. They love the cheap easily bullied labor.

^^^^ Of course they do not want to end illegal immigration, the Democrats and the Republicans are both owned by the same crowd the Big Corporations and the Big Corporations want illegal immigrants for cheap labour and the lowest of wages, this is why you have most of the Republican Party fighting The Donald when he says he wants to deport all the illegal immigrants and this is why you have them all fighting against him wanting to Build The Wall etc.

`

^^^^ Of course they do not want to end illegal immigration, the Democrats and the Republicans are both owned by the same crowd the Big Corporations and the Big Corporations want illegal immigrants for cheap labour and the lowest of wages, this is why you have most of the Republican Party fighting The Donald when he says he wants to deport all the illegal immigrants and this is why you have them all fighting against him wanting to Build The Wall etc.
The wall won't work and the Democrats already tried a comprehensive immigration policy in 2010 where is a social security ID card that you can't fake in order to stop illegal immigration finally!! You're in Austria... Don't you have a good a good ID card so you can stop illegal workers? Hear the GOP says that's communist and people believe it... We have this Frontier Myth.

The amazing thing is we are the only modern country without 5 6 week paid vacations after a year a living wage free healthcare free daycare free University... All to protect the poor Mega rich and rich people half of home want to pay more the good Democrats
What else does most western europe countries have over America
1. Low prison population. In America we have the biggest on earth as everything is illegal!
2. Getting sick can fucking destroy your life here in America...That doesn't happen in western europe.

Oh'yesss, loserterianism is so fucking free and wonderful. About as free as living in somalia and wondering if you're going to get blown away in the middle of the night.
You need to move.
You need to get a braid, brainwashed functional moron... Why are we the only country in the modern world which doesn't have 5 6 week vacations after a year, free healthcare free daycare free University good infrastructure..... All to save the rich the bloated rich... You are such a punk you would support a king you people don't deserve to have democracy stupid.
Can you back up one thing you say without insults and rhetoric. Why bitch about what you don't have? Does the country owe you?

`

Do you get Fox America on TV where you are? What a pile of crap evil Hillary evil Foundation evil Obama the Muslim Kenyan...

The amazing thing is we are the only modern country without 5 6 week paid vacations after a year a living wage free healthcare free daycare free University... All to protect the poor Mega rich and rich people half of home want to pay more the good Democrats
What else does most western europe countries have over America
1. Low prison population. In America we have the biggest on earth as everything is illegal!
2. Getting sick can fucking destroy your life here in America...That doesn't happen in western europe.

Oh'yesss, loserterianism is so fucking free and wonderful. About as free as living in somalia and wondering if you're going to get blown away in the middle of the night.
You need to move.
You need to get a braid, brainwashed functional moron... Why are we the only country in the modern world which doesn't have 5 6 week vacations after a year, free healthcare free daycare free University good infrastructure..... All to save the rich the bloated rich... You are such a punk you would support a king you people don't deserve to have democracy stupid.
Can you back up one thing you say without insults and rhetoric. Why bitch about what you don't have? Does the country owe you?
I've got everything I want... What is the matter with you people? LOL yes the country owes me but especially the GOP a****** Rich owe me, super dupe. And all you brainwashed functional morons who vote for them... Stupidest voters anywhere... The United States used to be a leader in social equality. No more now Idiot. and you will never figure it out so why not just insult you. At least I have a reason LOL. Tell me I have to leave my country I'll be down there and bite your stupid head off.

Last edited:
No, everyone does not start out poor. What are you talking about?

Think about it. A child can be born into wealth, but until he or she starts making their own money, they are by definition "poor."

That is one of the silliest things I've ever seen. If your daddy/mommy is paying for all your shit, and they send you to Harvard and buy you a sports car, and hook you up with all the most influential people in your industry ... you're not poor.

As opposed to the kid born to a crack whore mother and no father in a shitty, crime-ridden neighborhood. Best case scenario? He works his ass off in school, doesn't get shot, and gets a scholarship before settling into a middle class job and lifestyle. He's never going to get to hobnob with the folks at the top of the ladder like Richie Rich does. More likely, he'll drop out of school, or go to community college. Because being poor is fucking hard, and soul-crushing, and most people aren't strong enough to handle it perfectly.

I don't know you, so I could be wrong, but from the things you write it seems to me you've probably never gone hungry.

"That is one of the silliest things I've ever seen."

What more silly than SmokeALibs comments to me a European telling me to move out of America when I already told him I live here on the European Continent?

WTF the American Education System is this bad that it produces people like SmokeALib who have such terrible comprehensible skills?

I don't know. Sometimes I hope they're just trolling ... I mean, that degree of stupidity can't actually exist, right?

Then I remember my childhood and teenage years. I used to find people very confusing. Why did they say and do things that made no sense, or were just plain wrong? It wasn't until later on in my life that I realized the answer was incredibly simple; people are stupid. They were just much more stupid than I'd thought when I was young. So I lowered my expectations, and now it all makes sense.

That's not to say I'm perfect, of course. I make my fair share of mistakes. But some people ... some people make as many mistakes as I make in a week by Sunday afternoon ...

I don't know maybe they are just Trolling, I hope they are for the reason you suggest.

I think one of the problems is that some people seem unable or incapable of having a discussion and also are so brainwashed they cannot admit when they are wrong when it's clear they do not know what they are talking about on a topic and are faced with someone who knows what they are talking about on a topic.

Nobody is perfect, everyone makes mistakes, but the sign of emotionally maturity is being able to say you do.

Also it's very unhealthy and not a sign of emotional maturity to think your nation is perfect and never makes mistakes, this is something that seems lacking in many Americans, they think if they criticise what is wrong with America this makes them Un-Patriotic when it has NOTHING to do with Patriotism.

Would I want to live in America? No I wouldn't, I have many American friends and have visited America and I've liked it but I wouldn't want to live there, I see your Society as a very divided and broken society and IMHO unless you fix this I think in the next five years you could get to having another Civil War, too much internal hate and tension is happening, unless you fix that the powder keg is going to explode.

`

Do you get Fox America on TV where you are? What a pile of crap evil Hillary evil Foundation evil Obama the Muslim Kenyan...

No, but I have seen it on the Internet, in general I think your MSM is very strange even by European MSM standards for one thing all the presenters are near hysteria and talk very fast like they are on Happy Pills, I do not rate any MSM anymore I think most of it is Propaganda, even the British BBC World Service has now gone down the toilet.

Ok. Let’s institute the Norwegian system here, but we have to do it exactly. Would you agree to that?

No, everyone does not start out poor. What are you talking about?

Think about it. A child can be born into wealth, but until he or she starts making their own money, they are by definition "poor."

That is one of the silliest things I've ever seen. If your daddy/mommy is paying for all your shit, and they send you to Harvard and buy you a sports car, and hook you up with all the most influential people in your industry ... you're not poor.

As opposed to the kid born to a crack whore mother and no father in a shitty, crime-ridden neighborhood. Best case scenario? He works his ass off in school, doesn't get shot, and gets a scholarship before settling into a middle class job and lifestyle. He's never going to get to hobnob with the folks at the top of the ladder like Richie Rich does. More likely, he'll drop out of school, or go to community college. Because being poor is fucking hard, and soul-crushing, and most people aren't strong enough to handle it perfectly.

I don't know you, so I could be wrong, but from the things you write it seems to me you've probably never gone hungry.

"That is one of the silliest things I've ever seen."

What more silly than SmokeALibs comments to me a European telling me to move out of America when I already told him I live here on the European Continent?

WTF the American Education System is this bad that it produces people like SmokeALib who have such terrible comprehensible skills?

I don't know. Sometimes I hope they're just trolling ... I mean, that degree of stupidity can't actually exist, right?

Then I remember my childhood and teenage years. I used to find people very confusing. Why did they say and do things that made no sense, or were just plain wrong? It wasn't until later on in my life that I realized the answer was incredibly simple; people are stupid. They were just much more stupid than I'd thought when I was young. So I lowered my expectations, and now it all makes sense.

That's not to say I'm perfect, of course. I make my fair share of mistakes. But some people ... some people make as many mistakes as I make in a week by Sunday afternoon ...

I don't know maybe they are just Trolling, I hope they are for the reason you suggest.

I think one of the problems is that some people seem unable or incapable of having a discussion and also are so brainwashed they cannot admit when they are wrong when it's clear they do not know what they are talking about on a topic and are faced with someone who knows what they are talking about on a topic.

Nobody is perfect, everyone makes mistakes, but the sign of emotionally maturity is being able to say you do.

Also it's very unhealthy and not a sign of emotional maturity to think your nation is perfect and never makes mistakes, this is something that seems lacking in many Americans, they think if they criticise what is wrong with America this makes them Un-Patriotic when it has NOTHING to do with Patriotism.

Would I want to live in America? No I wouldn't, I have many American friends and have visited America and I've liked it but I wouldn't want to live there, I see your Society as a very divided and broken society and IMHO unless you fix this I think in the next five years you could get to having another Civil War, too much internal hate and tension is happening, unless you fix that the powder keg is going to explode.
Most people love their own country America has its advantages like it size and natural beauty of all kinds. What is the Wild Wild West and it's got worse in my life... But it's always good to get home to these crazy people... Politics is not their speciality. And thank God for the Constitution

`

No, but I have seen it on the Internet, in general I think your MSM is very strange even by European MSM standards for one thing all the presenters are near hysteria and talk very fast like they are on Happy Pills, I do not rate any MSM anymore I think most of it is Propaganda, even the British BBC World Service has now gone down the toilet.
I still think the nightly news on ABC CBS and NBC is good. Fox is propaganda,a disgrace most of the time. MSNBC and CNN in the United States at least they just keep talking and talking and talking and never given me foreign News. BBC is fine. What I only get 24 minutes of it a day...

One thing all third world countries have in common is the rich couple of percent have nearly all the wealth and the poor can never move upwards. That is what liberterianism and the koch brothers are doing to our country.

Wake the fuck up.

That is why we aren’t a 3rd world country. Because our poor still have electricity, food, running clean water, heat, AC and can move up the social economic ladder if they try hard.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Actually, moving up the social/economic ladder is becoming all but impossible in the US. Report after report is showing that since 1980, your ability to raise yourself out of poverty has declined sharply.

In 1980, you had a 20% chance of working your way out of poverty. Now you have a 2% chance. A recent study out of Massachusetts University found that where you are economically at age 20 is where you’ll stay.

The loss of unions is one factor in this lack of mobility but another is that there are fewer middle class jobs and more competition for them. When openings appear there are more people vying for them reducing your chances of getting one

I still think the nightly news on ABC CBS and NBC is good. Fox is propaganda,a disgrace most of the time. MSNBC and CNN in the United States at least they just keep talking and talking and talking and never given me foreign News. BBC is fine. What I only get 24 minutes of it a day...
Have you ever heard Rush Limbaugh Alex Jones Savage etc etc right-wing American talk shows where they are off the wall and full of s***and Hate? That's what we're getting on here from the Republicans an imaginary planet... Foreigners like you who cares what the f*** they think LOL if you become difficult LOL.. something like 80% of Americans don't have passports and have never traveled it's a mess the greatest generation during World War II were our saving grace.

Have you ever heard Rush Limbaugh Alex Jones Savage etc etc right-wing American talk shows where they are off the wall and full of s***and Hate? That's what we're getting on here from the Republicans an imaginary planet... Foreigners like you who cares what the f*** they think LOL if you become difficult LOL.. something like 80% of Americans don't have passports and have never traveled it's a mess the greatest generation during World War II were our saving grace.
But we will muddle through in the end. As Winston Churchill said, Americans are a wonderful people, they always do the right thing, after exhausting every other possibility.

Actually the US started to go downhill with Reagan. HIs low tax rates on the rich make it impossible to have a Fair modern country.
`
Actually it started with LBJ and his "Great Society" initiatives". However noble it looks on paper, it was extremely poorly executed for the worst possible reasons.

Conservatives have no idea what is truly happening in the U.S. They just want their guns and religion and comfort in their misguided belief that even the most poor and ignorant among them is better than the most intelligent and successful black person in the country. The GOP and FOX News constantly reinforces this stupidity, so conservatives follow them without question.

Being a second world country will be a brief period, as the nation will quickly deteriorate into third world status if the Republicans remain in power.

Forum List

Back