This election is ALREADY a big loss for the Democrats

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
These results so far aren't as shocking as 2016, but I'm seeing several Democrats actually getting out the mirror and examining why the party still turns off so many Americans. I wonder if they're realizing that some of the tactics and positions advanced by the "progressive" Left play into the hands of the Trumpsters.

At the same time, and to no surprise, I'm also seeing some on the "progressive" Left say the reason this happens is because the party isn't hardcore Left ENOUGH.

It's a good sign that I'm seeing some mirrors on the Left. We'll see.

The democrats' big "Blue Wave" wasn't even a ripple.
Their apparent "ballot stuffing" isn't making this election as legitimate as 2016.
Joe even bragged about his "voter fraud organization".

At the worst, 4 years of Obama era like gridlock, muppets.
And Blacks will gain the usual nothing.

So in other words, back to mediocrity.

Too bad. America truly was becoming great again, there for awhile. Biden will drag us down to the malaise we saw during the Carter presidency. But we might get another "Reagan" after that.

Or better yet, Donald Trump will still be eligible to run again in 2024.

At the same time, and to no surprise, I'm also seeing some on the "progressive" Left say the reason this happens is because the party isn't hardcore Left ENOUGH.
That is the question I'm struggling with.
Assuming we have around 60% voter turnout in 2020. would Bernie have done any better? How would your answer change if 80% of eligible voters bothered to cast a ballot?

"NOVEMBER 4, 2020
Roaming Charges: The Fuck Up
BY JEFFREY ST. CLAIR
CounterPunch Front Page - CounterPunch.org

"In the midst of a killer pandemic and mass unemployment, the Democrats could have offered the nation a universal health care plan, a moratorium on evictions and a guaranteed basic income.

"Instead, they believed that the key to victory over Trump was to meld neoliberal economics with a neoconservative foreign policy.

"I don’t know where they got this idea. Probably, the same place Obama got his health insurance plan, the Heritage Foundation."

These results so far aren't as shocking as 2016, but I'm seeing several Democrats actually getting out the mirror and examining why the party still turns off so many Americans. I wonder if they're realizing that some of the tactics and positions advanced by the "progressive" Left play into the hands of the Trumpsters.

If Biden wins... one good thing... is maybe we get to see something come from the left other than ORANGE MAN BAD!!!"

The D's are looking to change the country demographically by admitting millions of Illegals to citizenship as well as admitting Puerto RIco and DC as states. The theory they have is pretty sound. If you can't convince the voters enrolled right now, find new voters, and if the election results stand and Trump retires, they shouldn't have a problem instituting immigration reform and other ideas

What do you say for states that had obvious voter fraud? The courts need to order new elections. In these states.
1604583613850.png

Too bad. America truly was becoming great again, there for awhile. Biden will drag us down to the malaise we saw during the Carter presidency. But we might get another "Reagan" after that.

Keep in mind that gridlock can favor bulls 'on the street'.

The D's are looking to change the country demographically by admitting millions of Illegals to citizenship as well as admitting Puerto RIco and DC as states. The theory they have is pretty sound. If you can't convince the voters enrolled right now, find new voters, and if the election results stand and Trump retires, they shouldn't have a problem instituting immigration reform and other ideas

They'll gravitate to Dimm shithole City's making them even shitier cause they cannot afford the 'burbs.

Even if Biden wins, the Dems have fluxored themselves. Their plan to undo our system of government and replace it with a Chinese style one party state depends on taking over the SCOTUS and the Senate. Those just aren't going to happen. No getting rid of the Electoral College, packing the SCOTUS, making DC and Puerto Rico States, or the Trump tax cuts. The one thing they can do is make a mess of foreign policy while Trump wins the Nobel Prize for the Abaham Accord. And to boot, the Dems will likely lose the house in 2022.

In the meantime, the Dems are now fully responsible for Covid. Watch the insurrections as they try to impose eternal lockdowns.

This is just an election. They happen every four years. The Normals are not going to knit hats, scream at the sky, and lose our minds. We'll do what we always do: get on with life, work, take care of our families, and prepare for the next election cycle.

I hope Trump actually does start a media company. That would be awesome.

That is the question I'm struggling with.
Assuming we have around 60% voter turnout in 2020. would Bernie have done any better? How would your answer change if 80% of eligible voters bothered to cast a ballot?

"NOVEMBER 4, 2020
Roaming Charges: The Fuck Up
BY JEFFREY ST. CLAIR
CounterPunch Front Page - CounterPunch.org

"In the midst of a killer pandemic and mass unemployment, the Democrats could have offered the nation a universal health care plan, a moratorium on evictions and a guaranteed basic income.

"Instead, they believed that the key to victory over Trump was to meld neoliberal economics with a neoconservative foreign policy.

"I don’t know where they got this idea. Probably, the same place Obama got his health insurance plan, the Heritage Foundation."
Well, that's definitely the argument. The Progressives are furious that Biden ended up on the ticket, and his picking Harris didn't change their minds. Like any other highly ideological group, they're absolutely convinced that THEIR positions are what the people really want.

They're so pissed, in fact, that some of them are trying to split off and start "The People's Party". I'm not sure how many of them decided not to vote. But they're serious.

At the same time, I see that moderate Democrats are making noises about getting rid of Pelosi. So I guess that's where the battle lines will be drawn. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out if Biden ends up winning.

To me it matters not who is elected I will continue to live as I have until I die no matter what a politician does in Washington D.C. The system is in place and will not allow any leader to stray from a chosen path.

They'll gravitate to Dimm shithole City's making them even shitier cause they cannot afford the 'burbs.
Biden has promised to put public housing in the suburbs to punish the middle class

At the same time, I see that moderate Democrats are making noises about getting rid of Pelosi. So I guess that's where the battle lines will be drawn. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out if Biden ends up winning.
Pelosi was viewed as a legitimate progressive when she first went to congress (1987) which, of course, was long before she became rich.

She claimed she would retire in 2022 after Democrats took back the House two years ago:

Screen-Shot-2018-12-14-at-3.13.13-PM.png

Nancy Pelosi just announced her retirement | 48 hills

"The deal she cut to remain speaker means she plans to step down in 2022 -- which will set off a wild campaign for one of the most coveted jobs in SF politics."

or the Trump tax cuts.

You must mean the big Trump tax increases on the middle class, which start in 2021.

---
President Trump and his congressional allies hoodwinked us. The law they passed initially lowered taxes for most Americans, but it built in automatic, stepped tax increases every two years that begin in 2021 and that by 2027 would affect nearly everyone but people at the top of the economic hierarchy. All taxpayer income groups with incomes of $75,000 and under — that’s about 65 percent of taxpayers — will face a higher tax rate in 2027 than in 2019.
---

Trump is taxing you more so the rich can pay less. Is it that you're fine with that, or is it that your masters kept that information from you?

Needless to say, the Democrats will try to stop that. The Republican senate will block it, and then the Republicans will blame Biden for Trump's middle class tax hike.

hope Trump actually does start a media company. That would be awesome.

That would require work on his part, so it won't happen. He'll just sit on his ass and tweet.

or the Trump tax cuts.

You must mean the big Trump tax increases on the middle class, which start in 2021.

---
President Trump and his congressional allies hoodwinked us. The law they passed initially lowered taxes for most Americans, but it built in automatic, stepped tax increases every two years that begin in 2021 and that by 2027 would affect nearly everyone but people at the top of the economic hierarchy. All taxpayer income groups with incomes of $75,000 and under — that’s about 65 percent of taxpayers — will face a higher tax rate in 2027 than in 2019.
---

Trump is taxing you more so the rich can pay less. Is it that you're fine with that, or is it that your masters kept that information from you?

Needless to say, the Democrats will try to stop that. The Republican senate will block it, and then the Republicans will blame Biden for Trump's middle class tax hike.

hope Trump actually does start a media company. That would be awesome.

That would require work on his part, so it won't happen. He'll just sit on his ass and tweet.

That's the propaganda the same people that told you that a Blue Wave would wash over the country. They lie to you and you believe them.

Yep, mediocrity....the new normal.

Forum List

Back