This Evangelical Leader Denounced Trump. Then the Death Threats Started.

`
"Jen Hatmaker is one of the most popular religious figures in America—and she is paying a steep price for speaking out for what she believes. -- Last fall, Jen Hatmaker, a popular evangelical author and speaker, started getting death threats. Readers mailed back her books to her home address, but not before some burned the pages or tore them into shreds. LifeWay Christian Stores, the behemoth retailer of the Southern Baptist Convention, pulled her titles off the shelves. Hatmaker was devastated. Up until that point, she had been a wildly influential and welcome presence in the evangelical world, a Christian author whose writings made the New York Times best-seller list and whose home renovation got its own HGTV series. But then 2016 happened, and, well, of course everything changed". - Source
`
`

Religious evil in the name of God. The evangelicals have outdone themselves in moral depravity, once again. Definitely not a religion of peace and love.
`

Death threats certainly seem uncalled for here. But that could be as few as ONE person, keeping busy.

For you to smear all Evangelicals for this is not reasonable of you.

The firebombing of civilian populations in Germany (Dresden) and Tokyo (Japan) by that beloved Dem, FDR.

Honestly, you're going to have to brush up on your American History if you wish to continue.
No fan of FDR, but war is war. They intended the same for us.
Yes, they intended to put our citizens into concentration camps so FDR did it for them.

Really. In Dresden? :cuckoo:
You're going to need to study some before you continue this convo.

FDR firebombed Dresden. Another Dem,Truman, nuked the civilian population of Japan.

Twice.

And this has what to do with "concentration camps"?

We've already eliminated slavery, the Klan, the idea of firebombing, Vietnam, Korea and the nukes.
Got anything left?

The firebombing of civilian populations in Germany (Dresden) and Tokyo (Japan) by that beloved Dem, FDR.

Honestly, you're going to have to brush up on your American History if you wish to continue.
Yes, they intended to put our citizens into concentration camps so FDR did it for them.

FDR firebombed Dresden. Another Dem,Truman, nuked the civilian population of Japan.

Twice.

We've already eliminated slavery, the Klan, the idea of firebombing, Vietnam, Korea and the nukes.
Got anything left?
You still don't understand the connection?

HINT: Democrats.

`
"Jen Hatmaker is one of the most popular religious figures in America—and she is paying a steep price for speaking out for what she believes. -- Last fall, Jen Hatmaker, a popular evangelical author and speaker, started getting death threats. Readers mailed back her books to her home address, but not before some burned the pages or tore them into shreds. LifeWay Christian Stores, the behemoth retailer of the Southern Baptist Convention, pulled her titles off the shelves. Hatmaker was devastated. Up until that point, she had been a wildly influential and welcome presence in the evangelical world, a Christian author whose writings made the New York Times best-seller list and whose home renovation got its own HGTV series. But then 2016 happened, and, well, of course everything changed". - Source
`
`

Religious evil in the name of God. The evangelicals have outdone themselves in moral depravity, once again. Definitely not a religion of peace and love.
`

Death threats certainly seem uncalled for here. But that could be as few as ONE person, keeping busy.

I haven't read anything where she says she had death threats yet.
In fact, she's been very mellow about the whole situation. She and the boss at Lifeways are still friends.

It's just the fag brigade that's trying to make it a huge issue.

`
`
`

`

Actually from what I read the death threats were just mentioned at the beginning, and the rest was a character study. They didn't go into detail about the nature or derivation.

Of course, that doesn't stop the Pismoes of USMB from just making it up though. Still waiting for an explanation on that, still not expecting any.

Twice.

Got anything left?

You have no fucking idea what a political party even is, do you?
It isn't a personality trait.

I realize you're dead-set on trotting out a Composition Fallacy because you can't make a rational argument but this dawg ain't gone hunt Gomer.

What does this nonsense have to do with the Arabs intent on driving the Jews into the sea.
`
Nothing. That's not the topic. My reference was merely anecdotal. You want to talk about it, start your own damn thread.

Twice.

Got anything left?

You have no fucking idea what a political party even is, do you?
It isn't a personality trait.

I realize you're dead-set on trotting out a Composition Fallacy because you can't make a rational argument but this dawg ain't gone hunt Gomer.
The people who belong to a particular political party are responsible for all the horrendous atrocities named earlier. That would include slavery and the KKK. Jim Crow laws.

Are you always this self-deluding? You don't seem to understand much of anything.

Religious evil in the name of God.
Yes. Women speaking in the church.
And guys with penises speaking in the church or the legislature so much brighter, more capable of wise leadership because they have their appendage? History does not support the truth of this matter. I don't have anything against with people with such appendages, and sometimes think that this is quite exciting, but the notion that persons with male genitalia have been gifted with some sort of superior wisdom or intellect is utterly ridiculous.

Good for her. Many Christians agree with her and haven't received death threats. Of course most people aren't high profile or involved politically.
When malevelant people come in groups...its like they become embedded in society. All and any aspects of it.
Sometimes it's hard to recognize but we should hold Christians accountable if they turned a blind eye to it.

Good for her. Many Christians agree with her and haven't received death threats. Of course most people aren't high profile or involved politically.
When malevelant people come in groups...its like they become embedded in society. All and any aspects of it.
Sometimes it's hard to recognize but we should hold Christians accountable if they turned a blind eye to it.

If they turned a blind eye to what?

Oh the imaginary death threats?

Didn't happen. Every time there are *death threats* of these sorts it's always some pathetic possessed lefty PRETENDING to be a Christian, or a white, or whatever...

And guys with penises speaking in the church or the legislature so much brighter, more capable of wise leadership because they have their appendage? History does not support the truth of this matter. I don't have anything against with people with such appendages, and sometimes think that this is quite exciting, but the notion that persons with male genitalia have been gifted with some sort of superior wisdom or intellect is utterly ridiculous.

Actually, that wasn't the issue.

The issue was faggot marriage. She stupidly said that such unions could be *holy*. That is in direct conflict with the Word, and with all the stated beliefs of the Baptist church.

She knew it when she said it. She can go be an Episcopalian.

Didn't happen. Every time there are *death threats* of these sorts it's always some pathetic possessed lefty PRETENDING to be a Christian, or a white, or whatever...

Not just death threats, anyone who brings an agenda in and calls it Christianity and pretending...I agree.I don't know if it's a "lefty" lol or not.
Why are some churches so involved in politics anyway? Churches should speak up for human suffering. Injustices etc...

When it comes to killing and human rights abuses, nobody does it better than the Democrats. From slavery to the KKK to two separate world wars to firebombing and nuking civilian populations to putting their own citizens in concentration camps to Korea to Vietnam to the ME to 60 million unborn and more.

Give me an atheist any day over an evangelical.
---------------------------------------- pick as you like , USA is still said to be a free country Penny .

That's right , but for her I guess it was not free. Also I do not like evans coming up to my door and knocking on it and preaching their garbage evangelical nonsense. What nerve to do that.
------------------------------------- and thats a pretty 'wusslike' attitude . I thought that you were a STRONG WOMAN [like hilary :afro:] but sounds like you can't tell an 'evan' to get off yer own lawn Penny . .

Oh I do and I tell them not to come back. What nerve they have.

Actually, that wasn't the issue.

The issue was faggot marriage. She stupidly said that such unions could be *holy*. That is in direct conflict with the Word, and with all the stated beliefs of the Baptist church.

She knew it when she said it. She can go be an Episcopalian.
Yes. Why are you an appendage worshiper? There is no such thing as "faggot" (which is a bigoted slur), there is only marriage. Your post seems to indicate you believe that the bibble, put together by Constantine with a counsel of only male kooks who wanted to establish him as emperor, actually was written by a Supreme Being???? What a joke.

When it comes to killing and human rights abuses, nobody does it better than the Democrats. From slavery to the KKK to two separate world wars to firebombing and nuking civilian populations to putting their own citizens in concentration camps to Korea to Vietnam to the ME to 60 million unborn and more.

is there anything you loons don't make up?

:cuckoo:

Neither slavery nor the KKK had anything to do with political parties.

You must be new here.

or it's someone's sock.

Not just death threats, anyone who brings an agenda in and calls it Christianity and pretending...I agree.I don't know if it's a "lefty" lol or not.
Why are some churches so involved in politics anyway? Churches should speak up for human suffering. Injustices etc...

The church isn't *involved in politics*. Fags are getting involved in churches.
Neither the Bapitst, nor any of the evangelical, churches endorse faggotry. This woman made a fortune writing for Baptists and being published by Baptist publishers...then she decided to endorse faggotry.

Sorry, get another publisher. That isn't in line with anything that Baptists or the evangelicals believe.

Forum List

Back