This Evangelical Leader Denounced Trump. Then the Death Threats Started.

Removing statues does not remove your history.

No shit Sherlock. A point I've made myriad times, in threads where such was actually the topic.

Thanks for that random drop-in point of agreement.
History isn't that difficult.

We agree. :)

Did you confuse this thread with some other one? :dunno:

This is the price of derailing a thread about an evangelist getting death threats into fake news about political parties. Every time we see the title it's necessary to jog one's brain and remember, "or right, this thread is no longer about its title, it's about tree frogs now".

Testicles deviant to Pogo's Law -- when the topic is inconvenient ................ switch it.
Does this impress someone you know? It comes off as discontentment.

That's the way it goes when your political party is made up entirely of human rights violations.

Actually I get a nickel royalty every time someone uses Pogo's Law to derail a topic they don't want on the table.

A nickel doesn't sound like much but around here it adds up quick.

And btw I don't join political parties. I'm not a joiner. Don't believe in 'em. What I do believe in is facts.
Then admit the fact that the Confederacy was a Democratic Party institution.

No shit Sherlock. A point I've made myriad times, in threads where such was actually the topic.

Thanks for that random drop-in point of agreement.

This is the price of derailing a thread about an evangelist getting death threats into fake news about political parties. Every time we see the title it's necessary to jog one's brain and remember, "or right, this thread is no longer about its title, it's about tree frogs now".

Testicles deviant to Pogo's Law -- when the topic is inconvenient ................ switch it.

That's the way it goes when your political party is made up entirely of human rights violations.

Actually I get a nickel royalty every time someone uses Pogo's Law to derail a topic they don't want on the table.

And btw I don't join political parties. I'm not a joiner. Don't believe in 'em. What I do believe in is facts.

The Confederacy had no political parties. Deliberately. You seem to have a gap in the history of tangents you want to bring up.

Moreover in the POTUS election that led up to it, the Democrat got the same number of electoral votes out of the 88 that would become the Confederacy, as Lincoln did --- zero. Lincoln at least had the excuse that his name wasn't on the ballot. More moreover, when Lincoln won the defeated Douglas went on a speaking tour on his behalf to try to prevent the secession.

Again -- facts. Try to prove any of them wrong.

That about it now? Or should we go back to your fake history of slavery and the Klan?

The Confederacy had no political parties. Deliberately. You seem to have a gap in the history of tangents you want to bring up.

Moreover in the POTUS election that led up to it, the Democrat got the same number of electoral votes out of the 88 that would become the Confederacy, as Lincoln did --- zero. Lincoln at least had the excuse that his name wasn't on the ballot. More moreover, when Lincoln won the defeated Douglas went on a speaking tour on his behalf to try to prevent the secession.

That about it now? Or should we go back to your fake history of slavery and the Klan?
The Confederacy had no political parties, and you don't play political games.

At least you don't pretend that they "switched sides" since then.

Correct, the Confederacy deliberately abolished political parties. Some historians think that contributed to its demise.

But you don't seem to know that, posting ass-sumptions instead of knowing the history and ass-suming you won't get busted on it. That dawg ain't gonna hunt.

Apparently your motif is to attribute random nadirs of history -- slavery (thousands of years old and planetary), the Klan (founded by six ex-soldiers with no political affiliations) the Confederacy (above), "firebombing", war, pestilence, calumny, sloth, ebola and the heartbreak of psoriasis to your personal Emmanuel Goldstein political party, wihout a shred of evidence, deluding yourself that no one will call bullshit.

That's just odd.

Correct, the Confederacy deliberately abolished political parties. Some historians think that contributed to its demise.

But you don't seem to know that, posting ass-sumptions instead of knowing the history and ass-suming you won't get busted on it. That dawg ain't gonna hunt.
Not allowing any political opposition is the very definition of a Democrat. Cheating, bribing, racist, corrupt filth are all suitable.

And just like that we're in modern times. :)

Apparently your motif is to attribute random nadirs of history -- slavery (thousands of years old and planetary), the Klan (founded by six ex-soldiers with no political affiliations) the Confederacy (above), "firebombing", war, pestilence, calumny, sloth, ebola and the heartbreak of psoriasis to your personal Emmanuel Goldstein political party, wihout a shred of evidence, deluding yourself that no one will call bullshit.

That's just odd.
Not allowing any political opposition is the very definition of a Democrat. Cheating, bribing, racist, corrupt filth are all suitable.

Then it must be acutely inconvenient for you that the South had already seceded from the Democratic Party before it seceded from the Union. Let me guess, you didn't know that either.....

:dig:

Then it must be acutely inconvenient for you that the South had already seceded from the Democratic Party before it seceded from the Union. Let me guess, you didn't know that either.....

Can you think of another Democrat who banned all competition from her party?

That's just odd.

Once AGAIN --- the Confederacy banned political parties, not "Democrats". The Democratic Party had already been kicked out. When the CSA established, Democrats, Whigs, Constitutional Uniionists and any other parties, all went bye-bye. :bye1: Republican hadn't been established there yet. They didn't even run a POTUS candidate until 1868 after the War was over.

---- which makes it impossible to have been a "Democratic Party institution".

A political party cannot ban parties. Only a government can do that.

That's just odd.

Once AGAIN --- the Confederacy banned political parties, not "Democrats". The Democratic Party had already been kicked out. When the CSA established, Democrats, Whigs, Constitutional Uniionists and any other parties, all went bye-bye. :bye1: Republican hadn't been established there yet. They didn't even run a POTUS candidate until 1868 after the War was over.

Or someone who has bought and corrupted the party to such an extent that she has the authority to defeat all competition. Just like a government of non-party affiliated officials did in the South.

The pieces come together as one.

That's just odd.

Or someone who has bought and corrupted the party to such an extent that she has the authority to defeat all competition. Just like a government of non-party affiliated officials did in the South.

The pieces come together as one.
Or like a dipshit white supremacist who uses black people for his avatar.

`
"Jen Hatmaker is one of the most popular religious figures in America—and she is paying a steep price for speaking out for what she believes. -- Last fall, Jen Hatmaker, a popular evangelical author and speaker, started getting death threats. Readers mailed back her books to her home address, but not before some burned the pages or tore them into shreds. LifeWay Christian Stores, the behemoth retailer of the Southern Baptist Convention, pulled her titles off the shelves. Hatmaker was devastated. Up until that point, she had been a wildly influential and welcome presence in the evangelical world, a Christian author whose writings made the New York Times best-seller list and whose home renovation got its own HGTV series. But then 2016 happened, and, well, of course everything changed". - Source
`
`

Religious evil in the name of God. The evangelicals have outdone themselves in moral depravity, once again. Definitely not a religion of peace and love.
`

Who? Never heard of him!

Forum List

Back