This Is Inspirational

Some of our best and brightest do become teachers.

Lift Off

Perhaps....but sadly they are outnumbered by complete morons 10-1.

Of course they are. Nine out of ten people who decide to dedicate their lives to teaching must be complete morons You are so right.

If only they could all be as bright as you.

If only....on one hand, the teacher can only follow the lousy curriculum they are given.
I don't know you...but if you had kids go through school and not come across some real idiots then let me know where they went - my grandkids need to do there...or you were blind to it.

Lift Off

Of course they are. Nine out of ten people who decide to dedicate their lives to teaching must be complete morons You are so right.

If only....on one hand, the teacher can only follow the lousy curriculum they are given.
I don't know you...but if you had kids go through school and not come across some real idiots then let me know where they went - my grandkids need to do there...or you were blind to it.
Schools are now places where kids are prepared for the indoctrination they are going to receive at uni.

I don't believe the majority of teachers are indoctrinating children. Just because you hear about it sometimes does not mean that most do that. I think most teachers are able to keep it neutral and stick to the lesson plans.

One of my cousins is an English teacher in a middle school, and she is definitely not indoctrinating the children. Her concern is the same as any other teacher. Like anything else, not all are good and not all are bad.

Lift Off

I'd tell you all about my kids and their teachers. But...you'd accuse me of bragging.

I've never met a teacher of any of my kids who I would describe and an idiot or a moron.

As long as a teacher knows something that my kid doesn't know....and is passionate about passing that knowledge on to my kid...it's all good.

Lift Off

I'd tell you all about my kids and their teachers. But...you'd accuse me of bragging.

I've never met a teacher of any of my kids who I would describe and an idiot or a moron.

As long as a teacher knows something that my kid doesn't know....and is passionate about passing that knowledge on to my kid...it's all good.

Well, I have met some teachers that were very questionable, but they aren't the norm. Most teachers are dedicated to teaching. People hate them because they have a union, and it is complete political bias, IMO.

I don't really think teachers or government employees should have unions because that ends up affecting the taxpayer, but they are not normally "evil" or trying to "indoctrinate" children. I went to public school and so did my sons.

Lift Off

Well, I have met some teachers that were very questionable, but they aren't the norm. Most teachers are dedicated to teaching. People hate them because they have a union, and it is complete political bias, IMO.

I don't really think teachers or government employees should have unions because that ends up affecting the taxpayer, but they are not normally "evil" or trying to "indoctrinate" children. I went to public school and so did my sons.

This thread is not about unions. Let's just say this and then end it here.

Given the shit pay that teachers earn, unions haven't exactly been a boon to them.

I don't believe the majority of teachers are indoctrinating children. Just because you hear about it sometimes does not mean that most do that. I think most teachers are able to keep it neutral and stick to the lesson plans.
It is not necessarily the fault of teachers, but of the curriculum. My cousin is a teacher who has now resigned because of the brainwashing content of the curriculum and because everything is so horrendously dumbed down because half the class don't speak English very well. It has become increasingly difficult to teach for these reasons, and the dumbing down increases year on year. This is what's happening in UK state education system, maybe it's different over the pond.

Lift Off

As long as they know SOMETHING your kid doesn't know and passes it on? Lol.

It is not necessarily the fault of teachers, but of the curriculum. My cousin is a teacher who has now resigned because of the brainwashing content of the curriculum and because everything is so horrendously dumbed down because half the class don't speak English very well. It has become increasingly difficult to teach for these reasons, and the dumbing down increases year on year. This is what's happening in UK state education system, maybe it's different over the pond.

I don't really know what the curriculum is nowadays. When I was in school, that kind of stuff was not happening though. My cousin loves her job and hasn't mentioned anything about that. She teaches middle school students.

Lift Off

Yep that's all I ever asked of any of them.

Now...it seems as though you'd like to comment further regarding that matter. Surely "LOL" doesn't cover the breadth of your response.

I will make sure to ask my cousin next time I see her if she feels the curriculum is ideological. She is a member of the "religious right," (although less nutty than most), so if that was the case, I'm sure she would have no problem in saying so.

I don't really know what the curriculum is nowadays. When I was in school, that kind of stuff was not happening though. My cousin loves her job and hasn't mentioned anything about that. She teaches middle school students.
Well there was a thread somewhere here a while back where outraged parents were complaining about their kids learning that anal sex, among other things, is as 'normal' (for want of a better word) as regular sex. Entire Days of silence (not learning) in 'support' of LGBT issues, the wearing of badges in support of Lgbt by teachers. And yet other threads where kids are copying out and reciting the shahada without, really understanding what they are doing, dressing up in niqabs, and having many more hours spent on learning about Islam, for example, than Christianity, Judaism, Hindusim etc etc. It seems there has been a lot of parental upset over a perceived bias toward teaching Islam and it's ....ummm....peaceful nature, whilst at the same time Christianity, for example, is glossed over. These are just a few of the issues I've seen discussed here in the last few months, and it suggests all is not well in paradise. Also, an issue with planned parenthood former strippers / lap dancers delivering sex ed in classrooms, and something about ?common core? Can't remember what that was about.

Now...it seems as though you'd like to comment further regarding that matter. Surely "LOL" doesn't cover the breadth of your response.
If you don't understand my point, I suggest you suffered at the hands of teachers who knew SOMETHING more than you did and kindly imparted that SOMETHING to you. LOL.

Well there was a thread somewhere here a while back where outraged parents were complaining about their kids learning that anal sex, among other things, is as 'normal' (for want of a better word) as regular sex. Entire Days of silence (not learning) in 'support' of LGBT issues, the wearing of badges in support of Lgbt by teachers. And yet other threads where kids are copying out and reciting the shahada without, really understanding what they are doing, dressing up in niqabs, and having many more hours spent on learning about Islam, for example, than Christianity, Judaism, Hindusim etc etc. It seems there has been a lot of parental upset over a perceived bias toward teaching Islam and it's ....ummm....peaceful nature, whilst at the same time Christianity, for example is glossed over. These are just a few of the issues I've seen discussed here in the last few months, and it suggests all is not well in paradise. Also, an issue with planned parenthood strippers delivering sex ed in classrooms, and something about ?common core? Can't remember what that was about.

Well, I just asked my son about learning about Islam or anal sex or anything like that, and he said no. He's 21 (in January), and only graduated a few years ago.

He went to Massachusetts public school system.

He just told me that he learned anatomy, safe sex, STDs and things like that.

If you don't understand my point, I suggest you suffered at the hands of teachers who knew SOMETHING more than you did and kindly imparted that SOMETHING to you. LOL.

You must be someone important. I just can't remember why I should know you, though. I sure wish I could remember.

Forum List

Back