This is what life under democrat rule looks like

What violations? Stop and Frisk was found to be Constitutional.

It was also about following through on prosecutions for petty crimes.

NYPD's Tactic Was Unconstitutional​

Although a stop-and-frisk can be legal, Judge Scheindlin found that the way NYPD officers conducted them "demonstrated widespread disregard for the Fourth Amendment" as well as equal protection of the law, reports The New York Times.

The NYPD violated many residents' Fourth Amendment rights by either performing a stop-and-frisk without reasonable suspicion or exceeding the limits of their brief frisks without having additional probable cause to search.

They just didn't stop random people, they stopped people acting in a way to warrant a search.

It was found constitutional.

Although a stop-and-frisk can be legal, Judge Scheindlin found that the way NYPD officers conducted them "demonstrated widespread disregard for the Fourth Amendment" as well as equal protection of the law, reports The New York Times.

The NYPD violated many residents' Fourth Amendment rights by either performing a stop-and-frisk without reasonable suspicion or exceeding the limits of their brief frisks without having additional probable cause to search.

And until that time, a reduction of crime, particularly gun crime saving a lot of black lives. Once they got rid of it, crime went up once again and look at the mess NYC is now.

Demafasicst allowing no-bail for violent criminals is a clear and present danger to the United States
The fact is that most people in state prisons today have not been convicted of any crime at all but are merely awaiting trial.
We need to address this problem with reasonable bail. It makes no sense to post a bail of a million dollars on a person who makes 30K a year does it?

The fact is that most people in state prisons today have not been convicted of any crime at all but are merely awaiting trial.
We need to address this problem with reasonable bail. It makes no sense to post a bail of a million dollars on a person who makes 30K a year does it?
people don't await trial in prison...they do at jails.

It depends on what they are charged with.

Yes, it does. You’re accounting for an increased proportion of crime by an increase in sheer numbers.
That's what proportionality is.

If we know X % of people in a population of size Y will commit crimes then any increase in the value of Y will result in a proportional increase in the number of crimes

It was modified, and then a person was appointed to oversee it. Then that judge was removed from the case by the appeals court. The issue, which I find to be bullshit, was the racial aspects of the searches, not the searches themselves. That most victims AND perpetrators were minorities to me made the racial argument moot.

It was modified, and then a person was appointed to oversee it. Then that judge was removed from the case by the appeals court. The issue, which I find to be bullshit, was the racial aspects of the searches, not the searches themselves. That most victims AND perpetrators were minorities to me made the racial argument moot.
Your opinion doesn't count as far as the law is concerned.

So why aren't they still doing it if it is 100% legal as you claim?

Yeah OK

I bet you'd be the first to complain if you were frisked every time you walked down the street

I never did anything to warrant a stop or frisk. Worst I've done is get pulled over for an "NYC stop" at a stop sign and a few tail light outages.

Did get mugged twice in the 90's though in my teens.

Yeah OK

I bet you'd be the first to complain if you were frisked every time you walked down the street

So who got frisked every time they walked down the street? Police know who the troublemakers are in their area. That's who they keep an eye on.

Forum List

Back