This is why teachers need to arm themselves

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

The ineptitude of the police at the Ulvalde school speaks volumes as to why citizens need to protect themselves with fire arms

But even if law enforcement had done their jobs, the article explains that most of the damage was done long before one of them set foot in the schools.

Something similar happened in Florida.

However, teachers who are emotionally attached to their students are far more motivated to take the necessary action to save not only their students, but their own lives as well.

Not all teachers should be armed.
But teachers with gun handling experience, such as ex-military, ex-police, or competitive shooters, should be encouraged to carry.
Agree. We have an armed policeman at the entrance of our church. There are also probably a dozen armed people inside the church on Sunday morning. No one has ever accidentally been shot.

Agree. We have an armed policeman at the entrance of our church. There are also probably a dozen armed people inside the church on Sunday morning. No one has ever accidentally been shot.

Scary sounding church. Sheesh. I fully support one's right to carry but armed guards at the doors? I'll attend elsewhere.

That's a good example of the Second Amendment guaranteeing and protecting the First Amendment. The left loves them some First Amendment rights more than anything else in the Constitution. But without the Second Amendment to back those rights up, their First Amendment rights would be worthless.

Scary sounding church. Sheesh. I fully support one's right to carry but armed guards at the doors? I'll attend elsewhere.

Why? That would be the safest place you could possibly be on a Sunday morning.

Are you saying that mass shootings never ever occur in a house of worship?

The SC has ruled officers have a right to life and dont have to engage in violence if they dont want. So what exactly are these bullshit charges?

He said to them, ‘When I sent you out without a purse, bag, or sandals, did you lack anything?’ They said, ‘No, not a thing.’ He said to them, ‘But now, the one who has a purse must take it, and likewise a bag. And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one. For I tell you, this scripture must be fulfilled in me, “And he was counted among the lawless”; and indeed what is written about me is being fulfilled.’ They said, ‘Lord, look, here are two swords.’ He replied, ‘It is enough.’”
(Luke 22:35-38)

Why? That would be the safest place you could possibly be on a Sunday morning.

Are you saying that mass shootings never ever occur in a house of worship?

Nowhere near enough times for me to be paranoid to that level over it.

The ineptitude of the police at the Ulvalde school speaks volumes as to why citizens need to protect themselves with fire arms

But even if law enforcement had done their jobs, the article explains that most of the damage was done long before one of them set foot in the schools.

Something similar happened in Florida.

However, teachers who are emotionally attached to their students are far more motivated to take the necessary action to save not only their students, but their own lives as well.
Trained police officers with body armor, ballistic shields, high powered rifles refused to act

In your fantasy you expect teachers will

Pay the teachers a handsome stipend to carry. Let's say 10 grand. And train them too. Provide incentives.

Crap, many aren't even willing to pay teachers to do what they were hired to do in the first place and you think they will support this?

That's a sad statement if so.

Only a fool would depend on the government to protect them. Cops don't wear guns to protect you. They wear guns to protect themselves. You should do the same.
Yea
We should depend on armed teachers

Nowhere near enough times for me to be paranoid to that level over it.

That isn't "paranoid." You have a spare tire in your car, right? A fire extinguisher and first aid kit in your home, right? You have insurance on your car, home, and life, right?

Legally carrying a weapon actually costs far less that what you'd pay in insurance over a year. Why would you not want a simple device that could protect not only your life, but the lives of those you care about? Nobody knows if or when they're going to be the victim of a crime. That could happen anywhere or any time. And I like many others, prefer to take advantage of the rights my country's Constitution promised me. Because if you don't use those rights, you lose them.

So seeing as how you choose to forego your Second Amendment right, can I have yours? You apparently don't want it or need it, and I could put it to good use, ok?

That isn't "paranoid." You have a spare tire in your car, right? A fire extinguisher and first aid kit in your home, right? You have insurance on your car, home, and life, right?

Flat tires while not as common as they once were are still quite common and even then manufacturers are doing away with spare tires.

Legally carrying a weapon actually costs far less that what you'd pay in insurance over a year. Why would you not want a simple device that could protect not only your life, but the lives of those you care about? Nobody knows if or when they're going to be the victim of a crime. That could happen anywhere or any time. And I like many others, prefer to take advantage of the rights my country's Constitution promised me. Because if you don't use those rights, you lose them.

I do NOT care if you carry. I just want nothing to do with a church with armed guards at the door. Do you frisk strangers or members that might have been acting odd? If not how do armed guards stop anything? Anyone that wanted to shoot up your church would simply conceal carry.

Forum List

Back