This is why teachers need to arm themselves

I'm not. I'm just trying to get an explanation for armed guards at the door. So far I don't have one.

Why would Christians not have the right to defend themselves? Their own belief permits that.

Exodus 15:3, “The LORD is a warrior. The LORD is His name.”

2 Samuel 22:35, “He trains my hands for battle, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.”

Psalm 144:1, “Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.”

John 2:15, “And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables.”

Psalm 82:3–4, “Vindicate the weak and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and destitute. 4 Rescue the weak and needy; Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.”

1 Timothy 5:8, “But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”

Why would Christians not have the right to defend themselves? Their own belief permits that.

Nowhere did I say they didnt. You can address what I actually said or not. I expect not.

Exodus 15:3, “The LORD is a warrior. The LORD is His name.”

2 Samuel 22:35, “He trains my hands for battle, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.”

Psalm 144:1, “Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.”

John 2:15, “And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables.”

Psalm 82:3–4, “Vindicate the weak and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and destitute. 4 Rescue the weak and needy; Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.”

1 Timothy 5:8, “But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”
I don't know how some people think being a Christian somehow you're supposed to be some limp pacifist.

Nowhere did I say they didnt. You can address what I actually said or not. I expect not.

What you actually said was that the idea of church members protecting their flock was "scary." And that you would be attending church elsewhere.

Nobody is forcing you to attend a church where they have guards or armed attendees.

I don't know how some people think being a Christian somehow you're supposed to be some limp pacifist.

They also interpret that "render unto Caesar" as meaning passively submit yourself to the whims of your government, no matter what.

Not all teachers should be armed.
But teachers with gun handling experience, such as ex-military, ex-police, or competitive shooters, should be encouraged to carry.
If my kid is in a classroom with a mass shooter, i dont care if the armed teacher is an old lady with bad eyesight who shoots her gun sideways like a hood rat. Anything is better than nothing.

Forum List

Back