This is why teachers need to arm themselves

Obviously the point of having visible armed guards is that they would scare any would be attackers away, because they would know there would be return fire if they started shooting.
You do not have to frisk.
It is the visible deterrent that you need only.

The majority of those who do mass shooting incidents know that sooner or later there will be return fire. They understand there is a good chance it was going to be their last day.

The majority of those who do mass shooting incidents know that sooner or later there will be return fire

Right, they don't think gun free zones will allow them to get away with it. As you well know, the idea is to kill as many people as they can before the second gun gets there. Or as you call it, win win, so you do everything you can to help them put off the second gun.

Armed teachers? Second gun is already there. Maybe the third, fourth and fifth gun too. And the shooter doesn't know where they are. Which distracts them and they kill slower driving DOWN the body count, totally unacceptable to him and you

That is silly.
The cops were afraid that if they charged in, they could cause hostages to be killed in retribution.
The teachers have the advantage of already being IN the classroom, so then would be on the defensive, which is not only much safer, but also would prevent there from ever being hostages.
Teachers do not have to kill, just scare any intruders away.
And what you say makes no sense at all, because if we followed your strategy, we would never resist any criminals at all. Just hand over what ever they want.
Clearly police just are not nearly as motivated as parents, teachers, or anyone who cares.

I agree, save for the bit about cops afraid to charge in and get hostages killed. Modern law enforcement tactical units are trained to breach and clear rooms during active hostage situations and kill all involved hostage takers, in the span of a few seconds. I used to run a small business training cops to do it—breach, kill and clear. Entering the classroom controlled by the hostage taker in Uvalde should have been priority one, as soon as room clearing capable tactical units arrived on site. If a hostage taker is actively killing hostages, many law enforcement department SOPs call for immediate tactical intervention to prevent further loss of civilian life. Direct intervention/engagement with active shooters is a pretty universal standard across the US.

With law enforcement at large, whether local, state or federal, their prime paradigm is all about restoring or bringing order to chaos. Sometimes doing that aligns with saving civilian lives while other times not so much.

Trained police officers with body armor, ballistic shields, high powered rifles refused to act

In your fantasy you expect teachers will

As much as the woman in West Virginia, and the guy at the Indiana mall........both stopped a killer armed with a rifle with just their pistols....not Cops, not Swat, not Navy SEALs....

no, most people do not go to a church with armed guards at the door.

How do they know that? He didn't specify whether the guard's weapons were visible or not.

Like they say, "Concealed means concealed." Do you even have any idea how many times you stood in a supermarket checkout line, and the person in front of behind you was carrying a concealed weapon? How many times you passed a concealed carry holder on the sidewalk, sat next to one at a restaurant, or otherwise came in close personal proximity to one, even in church? The US national average of concealed carry holders is 20 million right now. That's 8% of the entire adult population, or 8 out of 100 people.

So stop being a paranoid little wussy boy. The chances of being shot by any concealed carry holder are far less than your chances of being robbed, mugged, carjacked, raped, or shot.

As much as the woman in West Virginia, and the guy at the Indiana mall........both stopped a killer armed with a rifle with just their pistols....not Cops, not Swat, not Navy SEALs....

They're such different scenarios. The cops who didn't go in were entering the one door that the shooter was likely aiming at. There could be hundreds of teachers in the building with a dozen or so armed and the shooter has no idea which ones.

Only an idiot would compare those scenarios. In steps RW to fill the part, LOL

Many do not. Very few do.

I know you're stupid and a racist and all, so I'll explain it. It doesn't matter. The whole point is that shooters don't know which ones. That's why shootings in churches are going down and shootings in schools are going up. Shooters don't know who is armed in churches. They do in schools, thanks to idiots and racists like you ... no one ...

Hey...dumb shit.....the classroom had windows, and if the guy is shooting at the cops, he isn't murdering children, you idiot.

You can't compare the actual, real world events because 400 trained, armed police officers did nothing.....while 2 armed citizens...not police, no body armor, no rifles, no ballistic shields, no back up......engaged the killers and stopped them with just their concealed carry pistols....

Only an idiot wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the results....

I like people who agree with me while blasting me and calling me stupid. Try reading my post again. I made the same point you did, you don't need to be a cop to defend yourself with a gun. Cops have no magic abilities, the thing that somehow only cops can use guns is moronic.

You should know from long years of history we're on the same side as this.

I'll just assume you're having a bad hair day

I like people who agree with me while blasting me and calling me stupid. Try reading my post again. I made the same point you did, you don't need to be a cop to defend yourself with a gun. Cops have no magic abilities, the thing that somehow only cops can use guns is moronic.

Oooops.....I see where I may have gone wrong..........I thought you called me "right wing," as an insult......and also called me an idiot....

Was I mistaken on this....? If so, I retract my remarks about you, and apologize......

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I deleted that post on the odds you weren't referring to me........again, I apologize......

• Thanks
Oooops.....I see where I may have gone wrong..........I thought you called me "right wing," as an insult......and also called me an idiot....

Was I mistaken on this....? If so, I retract my remarks about you, and apologize......

I accept your apology. RW was right winger, the person you were responding to, not you.

If you read my post, you'd have noticed we agreed. I am for teachers who so choose to be armed. It's a great idea. The left isn't stupid. We want to end shootings, so we want to allow teachers and administrators to be armed. The left wants to drive up body counts so they can get all mad and point fingers, so they want to clear the way for shooters. Our plans are both for what we want to happen.

The left has no solutions, which was the point of my thread asking the left what their solution is they never answered

I accept your apology. RW was right winger, the person you were responding to, not you.

If you read my post, you'd have noticed we agreed. I am for teachers who so choose to be armed. It's a great idea. The left isn't stupid. We want to end shootings, so we want to allow teachers and administrators to be armed. The left wants to drive up body counts so they can get all mad and point fingers, so they want to clear the way for shooters. Our plans are both for what we want to happen.

The left has no solutions, which was the point of my thread asking the left what their solution is they never answered

That threw me off......and we do agree which is why I was confused when I thought you were attacking me....

• Thanks
I'm not paranoid. You haven't even explained the reasoning. I asked you if they frisked people they didn't recognize but you didn't answer. If not, what is the point?
No, they don't frisk people.

So they just make you feel good. Gives you a nice safe space.
Yeah, and the deranged lunatics know they aren't going to use us for their playground. The children aren't gonna be cannon fodder for morons like you who want a sign at the entrance saying "Gun Free Zone".

Forum List

Back