THIS JUST IN on the Zimmerman case....

Things that don't matter in this case:

1. Martin's weight.
2. Zimmerman's weight.
3. Martin's Past
4. Zimmerman's past.
5. What rank the 9-11 dispatcher was.
6. Martin being un-armed.

There is one VERY important piece of information that has never been released or even talked about, which can make or break Zimmerman's case. Can anyone guess what it is?

Things that don't matter in this case:

1. Martin's weight.
2. Zimmerman's weight.
3. Martin's Past
4. Zimmerman's past.
5. What rank the 9-11 dispatcher was.
6. Martin being un-armed.

There is one VERY important piece of information that has never been released or even talked about, which can make or break Zimmerman's case. Can anyone guess what it is?

The videotape of the incident?

If someone states that he's a boy and he's innocent, and they are basing that on appearance from an out-dated photo, is it wrong for me to counter that argument with a more recent photo that shows things not so innocent? Is it judgemental for me to argue a point made on appearance with another point made on appearance?

I'm not claiming he's innocent based upon a photo, although I did ask once to look at both and tell me who would appear more threatening.

IMO, Trayvon from all appearances seemed to be a typical teenage boy, not a thug or a hoodlum or anything else some people are trying to claim.

You don't think this kid looks a bit like a hoodlum?

trayvon_martin_twitter.jpg

images

No but I think you sound like a douchebag...jus sayin

Yeah, I was going to say that too..but I didn't even realize there was a question of where they were in relation to each other, physically, when he was shot.

I think everybody agrees that Trayvon was on top of him. There are a few die hard loons who are still claiming that zimmerman could have been on top but for the most part, I don't think they're even making that argument anymore.

Ironic how quick you are to judge others as racists and bigots, as you freely admit you've judged this young man on his appearance.

If someone states that he's a boy and he's innocent, and they are basing that on appearance from an out-dated photo, is it wrong for me to counter that argument with a more recent photo that shows things not so innocent? Is it judgemental for me to argue a point made on appearance with another point made on appearance?

I'm not claiming he's innocent based upon a photo, although I did ask once to look at both and tell me who would appear more threatening.

IMO, Trayvon from all appearances seemed to be a typical teenage boy, not a thug or a hoodlum or anything else some people are trying to claim.

I will agree that 12 year old Trayvon is decidedly unthreatening. 17 year old Trayvon is a different story.

I'll bite..what is it??

The ballistics report.

Here's a semi-informed guess.

The ballistics report will show that the gun fired.

I think the test you have in mind would be the gunshot reside test.

The forensic evidence that informs the scientists how close to the target (point of bullet entry) the muzzle of the gun was at the moment it was fired. If there is effectively no guns shot residue (GSR)on the victim's clothing, then the gun was presumably not fired at a close enough range to leave gun shot residue.

Let's assume that it should leave such residue if fired point blank or up to 1 1/2 to 3 feet away. If there is GSR found, then we may have reasonable ground to assume that Trayvon was close enough to the victim to pose a legitimate physical threat. By contrast, if there is no GSR evidence found on the clothing of the victim (around the point of entry of the bullet), then presumably the gun's muzzle had to be further away. This might serve to undercut the claim of necessity.

So, yeah. I think the GSR/forensic testing results are likely to be valuable.

I wonder what the special counsel knows so far?

I think Trayvon was, if not fearful, at least concerned about Zimmerman following him, and thought he was up to no good. He decided to confront him, and probably did throw the first punch. It was an immature decision, as was Zimmerman's to take this beyond simply calling the cops. Both made really bad decisions that night, and both have paid for it.

Ah, yes, but only one of them walked away!

True. Which is why I believe we'll never know what really happened.

The forensic evidence that informs the scientists how close to the target (point of bullet entry) the muzzle of the gun was at the moment it was fired. If there is effectively no guns shot residue (GSR)on the victim's clothing, then the gun was presumably not fired at a close enough range to leave gun shot residue.

Let's assume that it should leave such residue if fired point blank or up to 1 1/2 to 3 feet away. If there is GSR found, then we may have reasonable ground to assume that Trayvon was close enough to the victim to pose a legitimate physical threat. By contrast, if there is no GSR evidence found on the clothing of the victim (around the point of entry of the bullet), then presumably the gun's muzzle had to be further away. This might serve to undercut the claim of necessity.

Could the angle of the shot be determined at such close range?

Also, I still have a problem with how Martin's body ended up in the position found by the police, unless he stood up right away then fell face down. Otherwise, assuming Martin was on top of Zimmerman when shot, no matter what direction he fell he would not have ended up in that position. The one witness said he saw Martin laying in the grass almost immediately after he heard the shot.

Could the angle of the shot be determined at such close range?

Also, I still have a problem with how Martin's body ended up in the position found by the police, unless he stood up right away then fell face down. Otherwise, assuming Martin was on top of Zimmerman when shot, no matter what direction he fell he would not have ended up in that position. The one witness said he saw Martin laying in the grass almost immediately after he heard the shot.

I think the angle of the shot is not subject to forensic analysis under these circumstances. That is, BOTH parties were in motion relative to each other and their respective angles and positions relative to the ground at the exact moment of the shot is not a "known" or established thing.

I am not sure in what position he may have been "found." But unless the gunshot could be shown to be immediately disabling, paralyzing or fatal, I doubt we can know whether or not he moved after he got struck.

I'll bite..what is it??

The ballistics report.

Sorry, that is what I meant. I'm in healthcare, not in criminology, lol.

I was thinking of the angle of the bullet and the GSR. Do they fit Martin's and the eyewitness acounts. Of course if the entrance wound is in Martin's back then it's all over for Zimmerman.

I think the angle of the shot is not subject to forensic analysis under these circumstances. That is, BOTH parties were in motion relative to each other and their respective angles and positions relative to the ground at the exact moment of the shot is not a "known" or established thing.

I am not sure in what position he may have been "found." But unless the gunshot could be shown to be immediately disabling, paralyzing or fatal, I doubt we can know whether or not he moved after he got struck.
Why I would like to see the full police report and the autopsy. According to the responding officers first on the scene, he was face down, hands under his body. If he quickly stood then fell, I can see how he ended up in this position. That would have to have been an immediate reaction, given the tight timeline and report of witness accounts.

I'd also like to know if Zimmerman had his coat zipped during this fight and how Martin saw (and allegedly 'went for') the gun holstered on the inside of Zimmerman's waistband while on top, holding him down and beating his head against the ground. In order to see the gun or be able to reach for it, he would have had to be positioned low, straddling Zimmerman's legs. That would put him seriously off-balance and given Zimmerman leverage to do more than just lie there and take it. It just doesn't fit with the description given on behalf of Zimmerman about how this took place.

Gaybiker reported that they're charging with manslaughter.

I wonder if the scheduled protest riots will now be riots of jubilation?

And if you had seen me at 17 you would have judged me pretty much the same way. As worthy of being shot in the chest.

Instead, I entered the military at 18, served six years and used what little brains I have to make something of myself after.

But if I had met George Zimmerman when I was 17, I'd be dead now, and you would be damning me for my appearance.

So you went around beating the hell out of anyone who ask you a question?

You negged me for serving my country? Go fuck yourself, traitor!

And if you had seen me at 17 you would have judged me pretty much the same way. As worthy of being shot in the chest.

Instead, I entered the military at 18, served six years and used what little brains I have to make something of myself after.

But if I had met George Zimmerman when I was 17, I'd be dead now, and you would be damning me for my appearance.

So you went around beating the hell out of anyone who ask you a question?

You negged me for serving my country? Go fuck yourself, traitor!
No shit for brain
And if you had seen me at 17 you would have judged me pretty much the same way.
Did you go around beating up people who asked you a question?

Forum List

Back