This "rigged election" stuff is a real shame.

This country is facing some serious issues and is about to make some big decisions. I wonder if we can all agree on that.

Seems to me that we could really us an intelligent, sober, reasonable, thoughtful discussion on issues such as taxation, spending, immigration, policing, race, guns, health care and much more. We need ideas and input. We need ideas and innovation.

Instead, the Republican base and party are choosing to spend more energy on this weird, quixotic crusade to prove that the election was rigged, as they have been told/sold by a guy who has honesty issues, to say the least. Despite the disagreements they have received from courts, Trump-appointed judges, the Trump Justice Department, and any number of groups and agencies.

Meanwhile, and here's my concern, Biden has clearly moved further to the Left than even progressives hoped for, and he's clearly going big. This is real. But bring this stuff up to Trumpsters, and the best you'll get is silly, shallow, paranoid hyperbole about commies, China, the Deep State, the Swamp, the Marxists and more commies.

The Trumped-up GOP is so full of paranoia, misinformation and platitudes that it could be opening the door to the Biden version of the New Deal. Not necessarily because the Dems' agenda is so wonderful, but because the Trumpsters are looking like ignorant fools.
Seems to me that you're having trouble understanding that your democrat's actions for the last four and a half years formed the template for today's problems. Your team spent 4 1/2 years obstructing, lying, manipulating and cheating in every way they could find and now you think everyone should set their differences down and play nice? Biden is your party's puppet. If you're concerned that he's too radical then perhaps you should've taken your partisan blinders off and noticed that BEFORE he was installed in the Whitehouse. You just seem to want the GOP to fix your mistake.
You're missing the point. My concern is that the Democrats will go too far with the help you're giving them.

The only thing in your favor right now is the fact that the Democrats are nearly as unattractive as the Republicans.

For those of us who value country over party, that's a bad thing.
I did not miss your point. You're looking at the potential damage to the nation from radical democrat policies and are hoping for republicans to act as a brake on the locomotive of which you've lost control. You're dismayed because you thought that everyone was going to accept the garbage that was being passed off as a "fair election" and move on. Those who actually value country over party understand that without the absolute assurance of fair elections, we no longer have a free nation. Those who truly value country over party understand that eliminating the corruption in government is the number one priority if we're going to have a free nation.
I know, it's all the Dems' fault, I know.
That's quite the simplistic child's response.
I'm done with asymmetrical conversations here. They bore me.
Typical democrat. Always one sided.

This country is facing some serious issues and is about to make some big decisions. I wonder if we can all agree on that.

Seems to me that we could really us an intelligent, sober, reasonable, thoughtful discussion on issues such as taxation, spending, immigration, policing, race, guns, health care and much more. We need ideas and input. We need ideas and innovation.

Instead, the Republican base and party are choosing to spend more energy on this weird, quixotic crusade to prove that the election was rigged, as they have been told/sold by a guy who has honesty issues, to say the least. Despite the disagreements they have received from courts, Trump-appointed judges, the Trump Justice Department, and any number of groups and agencies.

Meanwhile, and here's my concern, Biden has clearly moved further to the Left than even progressives hoped for, and he's clearly going big. This is real. But bring this stuff up to Trumpsters, and the best you'll get is silly, shallow, paranoid hyperbole about commies, China, the Deep State, the Swamp, the Marxists and more commies.

The Trumped-up GOP is so full of paranoia, misinformation and platitudes that it could be opening the door to the Biden version of the New Deal. Not necessarily because the Dems' agenda is so wonderful, but because the Trumpsters are looking like ignorant fools.

Can you please spare us future posts that essentially say.......

View attachment 484803

You guys keep saying that but it is clear that Trump still resides in the head of Republicans.
You would think after Trump was soundly defeated in the election, handed over the Senate and attacked the Capitol that Republicans would move on from the Trump era.

But, here they are, still pandering to his lies and trekking to Mara Lago to kiss the ring.

Keep spinning it up.

The fact that Trump did as well as he did against a biased and lying media is amazing to me.

I am sure you enjoy him as a tenant......the echo must be awful when he's not there.

Trump strikes fear into the Republican Party

Even after giving control of the Government to the Dems.
Mostly because Republicans are spineless and abandon their values to support Trump lies

Are you making some lame attempt at hypnosis ?

Trump strikes fear ?????

That is laughable.

If it were not for Covid, anyone with an open mind pretty much admits he would have coasted to re-election.

His poor leadership on that issue along with your smear did him in.

Meanwhile, and here's my concern, Biden has clearly moved further to the Left than even progressives hoped for, and he's clearly going big. This is real.

The Democrats won the White House and were gifted the Senate through Trump incompetence.

They realize they have a short window to push through their agenda. Not a time to pander to Republican whining.
Biden realizes his legacy will be determined during this two year window of opportunity.

Which will immediately be reversed when he finally winds up where he belongs....in an Alzheimer's ward.
LOL

Yea, tell me about it
Biden is pounding through his agenda while Republicans are whining about stolen election fantasies, Dr Seuss and wild conspiracy theories

Don't forget Mr Potato Head. Can't have a rooted veggie that is gender neutral in the ground have his..well..um..."goods" taken away by leftists. :auiqs.jpg:
Biden seems to be coming out smelling like a rose here. Republicans haven't laid a glove on him. They can't even seem to make hay out of the border
issues...which are legitimate criticisms of Biden's administration.

Just so right. The 'big steal' lie is eaten up by the mentally ill and the politically criminal.

It's funny how it can't be that people are suspicious and really don't know what to believe.

It's not like we have a media that reports facts.

Most Democrats are angry cultist who are fighting against reality and losing.
They are a lot like the OJ jury.
No amount of evidence will be enough to sway them.
They are afraid of the Truth because the Truth will destroy them.
There was massive voter fraud in the 2020 election.
The Progressive Press will always deny it and hide it.
Democrats are Liars and Cheaters.
Hopefully there will be several books written that expose the Democrat maleficent in the 2020 election.
Poor baby does not realize just how brainwashed he is. Trump lost. Get over it.
They jump right in to illustrate my OP for me.

They're far too insulated to understand what I wrote. That's the problem.
They suffer from a nearly complete lack of of self-awareness.
How Ironic.
Not really. They've never really been heavy in the personality department, if you know what I mean.
as the irony continues. is this like 'as the world turns'?

View attachment 484803

You guys keep saying that but it is clear that Trump still resides in the head of Republicans.
You would think after Trump was soundly defeated in the election, handed over the Senate and attacked the Capitol that Republicans would move on from the Trump era.

But, here they are, still pandering to his lies and trekking to Mara Lago to kiss the ring.

Keep spinning it up.

The fact that Trump did as well as he did against a biased and lying media is amazing to me.

I am sure you enjoy him as a tenant......the echo must be awful when he's not there.

Mostly because Republicans are spineless and abandon their values to support Trump lies

Trump didn't "give control" of anything to the Democrats. Its just that the Bushes and Romneys and other anti-Trumpster Republicans decided they loved Sleepy Joe.

And now they have what they want.
Trump blew it for Republicans

First he had an easy path to a second term and blew it with his inept leadership during Covid.

Next his wild claims of a stolen election and corrupt Georgia ballots kept Republicans away and gave the Senate to the Dems

If the election was legit, as you claim, the people made their decision in the Senate as well as the Presidency.

It wasn't "Trump",how could it be. Just the population , led by the Lincoln Project, Bush, Romney, etc., deciding they wanted Sleepy Joe.

Republicans won races up and down the ticket. Voters did not turn on Republicans, they turned on Trump.

Georgia was an easy win for Republican Senators. Trump interference in the runoff cost two seats and the Senate.

Is there something wrong with the Republican brand? Doesn’t seem so. The voters turned on Trump.
Instead of blaming Trump, Republicans bought into stolen election claims and the media.

So you are suggesting that all the GOP needs to do is to purge the 75 million little Trumpsters out of the Party and they'll be able to vanquish Sleepy Joe and the Hoe and implement their agenda?

Interesting line of thought, although I don't see it coming down that way personally.

You want to double down on a losing hand?

Run Trump for a third time

He didn't win in 2016 ?

View attachment 484803

Keep spinning it up.

Trump strikes fear ?????

That is laughable.

If it were not for Covid, anyone with an open mind pretty much admits he would have coasted to re-election.

what's changed with wuhan since trump's departure?

When authoritarians can no longer reliably stay in control through the democratic process the process itself becomes the enemy. There can be no possible fantasy based election reform that can convince a "conservative" that they lost fair and square. This is the new normal.

Yeah that’s bullshit. Democrats whined about the election being stolen in 2016 engaging in all sorts of conspiracy theories. Stacy Abrams also blamed the system when she lost and refused to concede. I don’t believe for a second 2020 was stolen from Trump, but I do believe “liberals” would have cried foul had Trump won fair and square as well as rioted to boot.
The GOP lost fair and square.

There is only 'the big squeal' not a 'big steal.'

Ah yes....take the actions of a few and apply them to all.

Saul Alinsky would be proud.

Most Democrats are angry cultist who are fighting against reality and losing.
They are a lot like the OJ jury.
No amount of evidence will be enough to sway them.
They are afraid of the Truth because the Truth will destroy them.
There was massive voter fraud in the 2020 election.
The Progressive Press will always deny it and hide it.
Democrats are Liars and Cheaters.
Hopefully there will be several books written that expose the Democrat maleficent in the 2020 election.
Poor baby does not realize just how brainwashed he is. Trump lost. Get over it.
They jump right in to illustrate my OP for me.

They're far too insulated to understand what I wrote. That's the problem.
They suffer from a nearly complete lack of of self-awareness.
How Ironic.
Not really. They've never really been heavy in the personality department, if you know what I mean.
as the irony continues. is this like 'as the world turns'?
What's that?

Meanwhile, and here's my concern, Biden has clearly moved further to the Left than even progressives hoped for, and he's clearly going big. This is real.

The Democrats won the White House and were gifted the Senate through Trump incompetence.

They realize they have a short window to push through their agenda. Not a time to pander to Republican whining.
Biden realizes his legacy will be determined during this two year window of opportunity.

Which will immediately be reversed when he finally winds up where he belongs....in an Alzheimer's ward.
LOL

Yea, tell me about it
Biden is pounding through his agenda while Republicans are whining about stolen election fantasies, Dr Seuss and wild conspiracy theories

Don't forget Mr Potato Head. Can't have a rooted veggie that is gender neutral in the ground have his..well..um..."goods" taken away by leftists. :auiqs.jpg:
Biden seems to be coming out smelling like a rose here. Republicans haven't laid a glove on him. They can't even seem to make hay out of the border
Biden comes off as the only adult in the room

Debunking Republican claims of Dementia. Can the entire Republican Party be suffering from Dementia?

View attachment 484803

Keep spinning it up.

Trump strikes fear ?????

That is laughable.

what's changed with wuhan since trump's departure?

Nothing.

It wasn't a science issue...the virus was almost immediately politicized.

People are still dying at the same rate they were during Trumps best run.

But that does not change the fact that if Trump had behaved differently (and I mean personally), he would have been re-elected.

I will say it again. Democrats have their own issues. Their leadership is old, out of touch, feckless, unable to adapt, unable to craft a message or even put up a defense. Adding insult to injury, they refuse to step aside. Their up and coming progressive wing can craft a message but is so focused on bringing a sledgehammer to the country in the form of "I want this done NOW!!", they can't see the bigger picture. But their hearts are in the right place. Their economic and environmental policies come out as wanting to help the average worker and build a better country. At least they come across as caring.

Now, let's compare that with the Republican party (which I was a member until 2000) which has been pitching the same basic platform since Reagan came on the scene. Tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations (hoping it will trickle down), and increased military spending. Taking on more debt and driving the deficit up when they are supposed to be the party of fiscal responsibility. And then, you have the slow migration of crazy over the last three decades. Starting with Newt and his "Revolution", it's been a slow descent into the abyss of what's become known as the alt-right. The belief that the white race is superior, the media is evil, belief in conspiracy theories fueled by alt-right media that people who used to be reasonable, now abandon all reason. Somewhere, it stopped being about policy and started being about far right ideology. Until we arrive at a carnival barker backing into the Presidency, making an absolute mess of everything, then losing said office four years later, and screaming like a five year old on the way out. Finally, we get January 6th. All of these cancers have found a home in the Republican party.

I'm afraid that only time and evolution will bring us past this point.
I only hope we survive it. :)
To me, the best ally each party has is the other party, and I think that was illustrated in November when the Dems clearly under-performed outside of the White House. I agree with those who say the Dems are shooting themselves in the foot on the edgier social issues and wasting an opportunity. While the GOP has gone full Trumpy (I don't think "right wing" is really accurate), the Dems have put a great deal of effort in ignoring why Trump won in 2016 -- the pent-up anger and frustration over PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture.

I'd just like to see the saner voices in each party get a little more attention. Watching someone like Manchin yield a lot of influence is nice.

LOL

Yea, tell me about it

Biden comes off as the only adult in the room

Debunking Republican claims of Dementia. Can the entire Republican Party be suffering from Dementia?

This is laughable.

Never has a president been so hidden away.

But he's fine.

You spent the last 5 years telling us the 2016 election was rigged, so how about you shut the fuck up?

What's that?
irony

Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to irony: dramatic irony
i·ro·ny
(ī′rə-nē, ī′ər-)
n. pl. i·ro·nies
a.
The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
b. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning: "the embodiment of the waspish don, from his Oxbridge tweeds to the bone-dry ironies of his speech and prose" (Ron Rosenbaum).

View attachment 484803

Keep spinning it up.

Trump didn't "give control" of anything to the Democrats. Its just that the Bushes and Romneys and other anti-Trumpster Republicans decided they loved Sleepy Joe.

And now they have what they want.
Trump blew it for Republicans

First he had an easy path to a second term and blew it with his inept leadership during Covid.

Next his wild claims of a stolen election and corrupt Georgia ballots kept Republicans away and gave the Senate to the Dems

If the election was legit, as you claim, the people made their decision in the Senate as well as the Presidency.

It wasn't "Trump",how could it be. Just the population , led by the Lincoln Project, Bush, Romney, etc., deciding they wanted Sleepy Joe.

Republicans won races up and down the ticket. Voters did not turn on Republicans, they turned on Trump.

Georgia was an easy win for Republican Senators. Trump interference in the runoff cost two seats and the Senate.

Is there something wrong with the Republican brand? Doesn’t seem so. The voters turned on Trump.
Instead of blaming Trump, Republicans bought into stolen election claims and the media.

So you are suggesting that all the GOP needs to do is to purge the 75 million little Trumpsters out of the Party and they'll be able to vanquish Sleepy Joe and the Hoe and implement their agenda?

Interesting line of thought, although I don't see it coming down that way personally.

You want to double down on a losing hand?

Run Trump for a third time

He didn't win in 2016 ?

Still lost the popular vote showing he lacked nationwide support.

In 2018, Voters came out against Trump
In 2020, voters handed Trump a massive defeat.

But do Republicans still want to be the party of Trump?

Nothing.

It wasn't a science issue...the virus was almost immediately politicized.

People are still dying at the same rate they were during Trumps best run.

But that does not change the fact that if Trump had behaved differently (and I mean personally), he would have been re-elected.
I'm still trying to understand how this is on Trump. You commented he failed. failed what?

You spent the last 5 years telling us the 2016 election was rigged, so how about you shut the fuck up?
Hillary conceded on Election Night

Trump still refuses to admit he lost

Forum List

Back