🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This Time, It really Is Like Watergate

Trump is trying various ways to deal with all the bad news this week.

His former campaign manager is now a convicted felon and facing serious jail time. His former deputy campaign manager has pleaded guilty to a felony and is now working with Mueller. He was the star witness against the campaign manager.

His former personal lawyer is now a convicted felon facing serious jail time and he, too, is working with Mueller.

His friend, the publisher of the National Enquirer, the man who buried the Playboy bunny article, David Pecker, is working with district attorneys and confirmed Cohen's guilty plea.

His CFO, Alan Weisenberg, who has worked for the Trump Organization for 40 years and knows where all the financial bodies are buried, including Trump's taxes, has been given immunity and is cooperating with New York's prosecutors.

Trump's reaction to all this? For the second day in a row he attacked his own A.G., the one he appointed. "Look into all of the corruption on the 'other side,'" Trump goaded Sessions in the tweets, providing a list of alleged wrongdoings by opponents stretching back before the 2016 presidential election. "Come on Jeff, you can do it, the country is waiting!" Trump added. The foolish tweets are almost comical in their utter futility, the words of a desperate man.

Then, wishing to escape it all, Trump flew to Columbus, OH, for a fundraiser, perhaps knowing that the top Republican in the state will not be attending due to personal reasons, Governor John Kasich.

In his attempt to avoid the harsh reality of the week, Trump relied on an old reliable trick, act stupid to throw the media off the unwelcome events. It works every time.

He tweets, "...Additionally, because of our much tougher Trading stance with China, I do not believe they are helping with the process of denuclearization as they once were (despite the UN Sanctions which are in place)..."

Trump cannot seem to get it in his head that China is an ally of North Korea and a hostile foreign power to the U.S. He continues to blame China for not helping us weaken its ally. That simply makes no sense.

But Trump was not through making a fool of himself. Kim Jong Un has enslaved and starved his people, has gulags imprisoning a 100,000 or more, guilty of murdering members of his own family, and he has threaten American cities with a nuclear holocaust.

Trump tweets, "...Secretary Pompeo looks forward to going to North Korea in the near future, most likely after our Trading relationship with China is resolved. In the meantime I would like to send my warmest regards and respect to Chairman Kim. I look forward to seeing him soon!"

Of course we know Trump has a longing for communist dictators. At Helsinki, Trump rejected American intelligence and believed Putin because the communist dictator was forceful. "My people came to me, Dan Coats [DNI] came to me, some others, they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia. I will say this, I don't see any reason why it would be. I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial."

In addition, Trump blamed the U.S. for the strained relations caused by Russia's invasion of Ukraine, her alliance with Syria and Iran, and her interference in our election.

Yes, I know, that does not make sense, either, but I am not making this up. Welcome to Trump's world.

Unfortunately for Trump, he provided only a certain amount of amusement. He failed to change the subject.

Forum List

Back