This will certainly upset the right wing "christians."

boilermaker55

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2011
Name that holiday? This Maryland school district won't
By Breeanna Hare, CNN
No religious holidays on Maryland district s calendar - CNN.com

See, when you push for religion in the public sector. There are other beliefs that work, pay taxes and have deeply convictions in their religious ideology.
How do exclude those individuals?
So, no one is taking your right away to worship. What is happening is your right to force any and all of your religious ideologies onto others.
"Currently, the thousands of Muslim staff and students (within Montgomery County Public Schools) have to choose between their education and observing their religious practices," says a statement on the website of the Equality for Eid Coalition, which has been advocating for Montgomery County to close school on Muslim holidays. "They either skip school (an excused absence) to celebrate Eids or they skip their religious observances to attend school. Many choose to do the latter. However, this is not a choice that, for the most part, our Christian and Jewish neighbors face on their high holidays."

Seems you did not read the entire article.
Taking statements out of context makes a week argument.

"Currently, the thousands of Muslim staff and students (within Montgomery County Public Schools) have to choose between their education and observing their religious practices,"
It says right here they have a choice. Where's the problem?

And......they wanted to have their religion recognized.
helpless-emoticon-316f44.jpg

Seems you did not read the entire article.
Taking statements out of context makes a week argument.
I read everything you posted :dunno:
The have a choice, as the articles says.

Which should be a good indicator of.....? Religious ideology and how it belongs........NOWHERE ........in the public sector.

I find it amusing in their attempt to piss no one off the school board pissed pretty much everyone off.

Whose religion is recognized?

"They either skip school (an excused absence) to celebrate Eids or they skip their religious observances to attend school. Many choose to do the latter. However, this is not a choice that, for the most part, our Christian and Jewish neighbors face on their high holidays."

The Highest Christian holiday is on a Sunday. Does the fact that state schools are closed in Sunday qualify as recognition?
The next is Christmas Does the fact that state schools closed for winter break late December thru the New Year constitute recogition?
Are state schools close on Good Friday? Lent? Pentecost? Ash Wednesday? Advent?
On these holiday's don't Christians have to make a choice as well?

The have a choice, as the articles says - just like everyone else.

Winter break?
Spring break?
When do these ..non-school days take place?

Whose religion is recognized?

"They either skip school (an excused absence) to celebrate Eids or they skip their religious observances to attend school. Many choose to do the latter. However, this is not a choice that, for the most part, our Christian and Jewish neighbors face on their high holidays."

The Highest Christian holiday is on a Sunday. Does the fact that state schools are closed in Sunday qualify as recognition?
The next is Christmas Does the fact that state schools closed for winter break late December thru the New Year constitute recogition?
On these holiday's don't Christians have to make a choice as well?

Winter break?
Spring break?
You must have missed what I said, and the related questions I asked

The Highest Christian holiday is on a Sunday.
Does the fact that state schools close for the weekend qualify as recognition?

The next is Christmas
Does the fact that state schools close for winter break late December thru the New Year constitute recognition?

And then:
On these holidays, don't Christians have to make a choice as well?

Conclusion:

Last edited:
Which should be a good indicator of.....? Religious ideology and how it belongs........NOWHERE ........in the public sector.

I find it amusing in their attempt to piss no one off the school board pissed pretty much everyone off.
The only thing it is an indicator of is how a few dumb people can turn nothing into something.

I think it was the best play. Instead of everyone picking them apart and competing for more representation the school said "fuck all of it now complain about that"

America historically has been a Christian dominated nation. Christianity is woven throughout American society, if it offends someone that Christian traditions are favored, well too fucking bad.

Forum List

Back