Those ancient Egyptians were "nuts"

Maybe a second round of robbing, by people who wanted the mummies perhaps?

but it still doesn't explain why they are now finding pyramid tombs that have not been robbed, completely in tact with jewels and riches and sarcophagi, but NO BODY....it's still an unsolved mystery....the fat lady has not sung yet on it.

What are you saying? Egyptians were so smart that they knew better than to do something like that? Is it possible that they didn't know better considering that they didn't know how diseases were spread back then.

Considering the fact that humans have buried the dead going back to prehistoric times, that kinda supports the premise that ancient people knew well enough to dispose of dead bodies. And let us not forget that we're talking about the culture that invented mummification.

Ancient Egypt was the world's first civilization, and was the greatest of the early independent civilizations. The ancient Egyptians were obsessed with cleanliness. Men shaved their entire bodies just for the sake of cleanliness. They invented perfumes and scented lotions to fend off unpleasant body odors. The Egyptians were probably the inventors of circumcision, which was also a cleanliness custom. Egyptian doctors were the best in the world, revered for their skill and knowledge. They were knowledgeable enough to employ honey, copper, and bread mold as anti-infection agents.

Also compare the practices of other ancient peoples of the region. The Jewish bible refers to dead human bodies as being unclean. Their scriptures prohibit contact with dead human bodies during certain holy times. The vow of the Nazarite prohibits being in the general vicinity of dead bodies altogether, and requires a cleansing ritual if someone should suddenly fall dead when you're standing next to them.

So yeah, I kinda think that the ancient Egyptians, being the greatest and most cultured civilization of the ancient world, were smart enough to not bury dead people in their food storage facilities.
Sumaria came before Ancient Egypt.

I believe you mean Sumer. ;) But yes, you are correct. What was I thinking?

Really, those ancient Egyptians must have either been nuts or have had a weird sense of humor (at least according to that renowned Egyptologist, Dr. Ben Carson) when placing dead bodies next to their food source.

How about you learning some facts yourself before you put down Dr. Ben?

http://www.scottcreighton.co.uk/PDF-Files/Ten Facts that Contradict the Pyramid Tomb Theory.pdf

For the best part of 200 years, the pyramids of Egypt have been regarded by

Egyptologists as the tombs of ancient Egyptian kings and queens and as the

instrument of rebirth (for the king only) that would enable the transfiguration of the

soul into an Akh (an effective being of light) whereupon it could pass through the

Duat (the Underworld) and hopefully onwards into an undisturbed, everlasting

Afterlife among the gods. The idea that these structures were conceived and built as

tombs is all pervasive to our modern mindset, so much so that many have come to

accept the idea as being not so much a theory but as actual fact.

So why then should it be deemed necessary to question what many regard as fact?

The first thing to say is that the evidence in support of the tomb theory is only

circumstantial; there is no direct primary evidence to support the pyramid tomb

theory. Neither are there any ancient Egyptian texts that state why the ancient

Egyptians conceived and built their pyramids. Indeed, there are a number of ancient

texts that state the pyramids were not used as tombs. For example, first century BC

historian, Diodorus Siculus, writes:

“The kings designed these pyramids for their sepulchres, yet it happened that

their remains were not here deposited.”

"Describing the Great Pyramids and the hatred their builders supposedly

attracted to themselves, Diodorus follows the tradition of Herodotus; he adds,

however, that their bodies were never buried in them, but rather that the

rulers commanded that their bodies be placed in a secure place that was kept

secret." (C. Zivie-Coche 2002 (1997): 102)

However, even in the absence of any direct evidence, Egyptology has made a

considerable case based solely on the circumstantial evidence it has uncovered (much

from later times) in support of the pyramid tomb theory. But just how strong is their

case? What, if anything, is there that might cast doubt on the Egyptologists’

interpretation of the evidence that brought them to conclude that all pyramids in

ancient Egypt were conceived and built as tombs?

This article will present ten facts that, whilst not conclusively disproving the tomb

theory, nonetheless raise some vexing questions as to the veracity of the pyramid

tomb theory. These facts are presented in no particular order and arise from a number

of sources that include the physical, logistical, practical, functional and mythical.
So you're quoting a wackadoo to support Carson now? Really? The bozo thinks the pyramids are a doomsday clock.

You aren't exactly disproving the theory that Carson and his supporters are idiots.

Not so much him, but as the fact that no bodies have been found in the Egyptian Pyramids and the quote from the historian, Diodorus Siculus.
Why do you ignore the generally accepted fact that tomb robbers took everything....that's why they went from pyramids to the Valley of the Kings.

Because it's a theory not a fact.
I have a problem with theories being taught as facts, rather than theories.
Teaching them as facts stops all other theological discussions and or probabilities.

It is amazing that I have to explain to you and others that this is irrelevant and means nothing. That if you really want to examine his critical thinking skills and judgement we would be discussing his POLICIES and why they are good/bad. Instead we have hit jobs centered around the 5 second media clip that people salivate over.

It is PRECISELY those 5 second media clips that help divulge the non-scripted responses or opinions of a would-be politician.....just ask Kevin McCarthy.

Teaching them as facts stops all other theological discussions and or probabilities.

All scientific knowledge is "theory." The problem is that you don't understand the terminology.

No dead bodies were found in any of the pyramids at Giza.

Was any grain found in any of them?

I don't think they were for grain storage but that idea has been around for a very long time. What is the purpose, if a tomb, for the large open rooms, at least in the Great Pyramid? Grain could have been eaten by rodents, if there were actually grain in them, which I doubt. But then again the Great Pyramid wasn't a tomb.

So, you mean to tell me that every other pyramid was built as a tomb, but this one was something entirely different? All while containing much of the same things other pyramids contained when they were used as tombs? That is an extraordinary claim.

BTW, tombs with lots of extra space remain common to this day. For example, there's this building:

Lincoln_Tomb_in_Spring.jpg
From the following linked article:

http://www.scottcreighton.co.uk/PDF-Files/Ten Facts that Contradict the Pyramid Tomb Theory.pdf

Conclusion For the best part of 200 years, mainstream Egyptology has insisted that the early, giant pyramids of ancient Egypt were conceived and built as the eternal resting place of the king and his ‘instrument of ascension’ that would carry him up to the heavenly realm and to the Afterlife. However, given the ten facts outlined in this article, it is extremely difficult to reconcile the actual facts of these structures with the overly simplistic and somewhat ‘romantic’ notions of the Egyptologists. There are simply too many anomalies; too many affronts to common sense; too many facts that simply do not fit with the tomb paradigm of the Egyptologists. This is not to say that pyramids could not have been used as tombs at some point in their long history—of course they could. But it simply does not seem, from the available evidence and facts presented, that they could ever have been originally conceived and constructed with such a notion in mind—at least, not at the beginning of the pyramid-building age. If it is evidence that we must base our theories upon, then the evidence strongly suggests that these early giant pyramids were not at all funerary in nature but seem to have been constructed with some other, grander purpose in mind.

I don't think they were for grain storage but that idea has been around for a very long time. What is the purpose, if a tomb, for the large open rooms, at least in the Great Pyramid? Grain could have been eaten by rodents, if there were actually grain in them, which I doubt. But then again the Great Pyramid wasn't a tomb.

So, you mean to tell me that every other pyramid was built as a tomb, but this one was something entirely different? All while containing much of the same things other pyramids contained when they were used as tombs? That is an extraordinary claim.

BTW, tombs with lots of extra space remain common to this day. For example, there's this building:

Conclusion For the best part of 200 years, mainstream Egyptology has insisted that the early, giant pyramids of ancient Egypt were conceived and built as the eternal resting place of the king and his ‘instrument of ascension’ that would carry him up to the heavenly realm and to the Afterlife. However, given the ten facts outlined in this article, it is extremely difficult to reconcile the actual facts of these structures with the overly simplistic and somewhat ‘romantic’ notions of the Egyptologists. There are simply too many anomalies; too many affronts to common sense; too many facts that simply do not fit with the tomb paradigm of the Egyptologists. This is not to say that pyramids could not have been used as tombs at some point in their long history—of course they could. But it simply does not seem, from the available evidence and facts presented, that they could ever have been originally conceived and constructed with such a notion in mind—at least, not at the beginning of the pyramid-building age. If it is evidence that we must base our theories upon, then the evidence strongly suggests that these early giant pyramids were not at all funerary in nature but seem to have been constructed with some other, grander purpose in mind.

:lmao:

You realize that Scott Creighton is a hack, right? Take a look at the website you linked to, where he describes his latest book:

Debunks the “pyramids as tombs” theory and shows how they are “recovery vaults” to ensure the rebirth of civilization after a global disaster

200line.gif

Explains in detail how the angles and geometry of the Great Pyramid record a shift of the world’s axis in 3980 BCE and predict more to come

200line.gif

Uncovers the location of an additional as-yet-undiscovered “recovery vault” on the Giza plateau, as revealed in the myth of Osiris

Credible sources only, please.

More on Creighton:

He begins by adopting the “science” of Robert Bauval, the fringe writer who proposed back in 1994 the so-called Orion Correlation Theory, which holds that the pyramids were designed to map out the stars of the constellation Orion on the ground. Bauval had taken inspiration from Robert Temple’s Canopus correlation theory—that Egyptian cities were planned to map out the constellation Canopus across Egypt—in a copy of Temple’s 1976 ancient astronaut book, The Sirius Mystery, that he happened to read at an airport. Following this, Creighton takes the fact that the Great Pyramid and Menkaure’s pyramid have indentations on teach face, making them technically eight sided, as connected somehow to the Templar cross—because Templars and Freemasons must always follow in the wake of any mystery. Hilariously, Creighton takes as true the claims of Freemasonry’s mythologizers that they are the successors to the Templars and thus to the Egyptians themselves, on the word of the mystical Victorian Mason Frank C. Higgins. He takes Higgins’s claim that the Templar Cross is a “fourfold triangle” and a “flattened pyramid” to mean that it therefore represent and eight-sided, flattened Great Pyramid. “It seems then,” Creighton writes, “that the Templar Cross depicting the eight-sided pyramid suggests that knowledge of the concavities of the Great Pyramid had been observed long ago and also that some significance was known to have been attributed to these curious features.” The Templars used primarily the cross pattee, but Creighton reads it as the Maltese cross to make it fit his ideas.

Review of Scott Creighton's "The Secret Chamber of Osiris" (2015)

:lmao:

You realize that Scott Creighton is a hack, right? Take a look at the website you linked to, where he describes his latest book:

Debunks the “pyramids as tombs” theory and shows how they are “recovery vaults” to ensure the rebirth of civilization after a global disaster

200line.gif

Explains in detail how the angles and geometry of the Great Pyramid record a shift of the world’s axis in 3980 BCE and predict more to come

200line.gif

Uncovers the location of an additional as-yet-undiscovered “recovery vault” on the Giza plateau, as revealed in the myth of Osiris

Credible sources only, please.

The only credible source you would accept is one that agrees with you.

Maybe he is a hack, is what he says wrong or not? Are there anything in the Great Pyramid that looks like an inscription, other then some graffiti added later?

From Smithsonian: Few would be so bold as to suggest that, even today, we know why Khufu ordered the construction of what is by far the most elaborate system of passages and chambers concealed within any pyramid.

Read more: History, Travel, Arts, Science, People, Places | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Last edited:
And what Carson stated pyramids might have been used for matters because?

Because it speaks to his judgement and critical thinking ability.

And that matters a great deal.

It's amazing this actually has to be explained to you and the others.
It is amazing that I have to explain to you and others that this is irrelevant and means nothing. That if you really want to examine his critical thinking skills and judgement we would be discussing his POLICIES and why they are good/bad. Instead we have hit jobs centered around the 5 second media clip that people salivate over.

I also cant believe that you, of all people here, are falling for this overused and asinine political 'discourse' (and that uses the phrase VERY loosely).

You really think good judgment leads one to believe a religious myth about the pyramids with no meaningful evidence to support it as fact?
I really think that policy should take the lead role in candidates. I think that tells me FAR more about their judgment in such a high position in the government than a silly belief about the pyramids. If he were to base some policy on this that would be different. otherwise, there are a thousand things that every one says is true but I or others find absolutely asinine.

When you bring in a subject that has zero importance and zero impact then, no, it does not show jack shit. Perhaps his entire thought process on the pyramids is the way it is because he has not thought about the subject for more than a minute. Perhaps he is just weird when it comes to subjects like these. I don't know or care.

And what Carson stated pyramids might have been used for matters because?

Because it speaks to his judgement and critical thinking ability.

And that matters a great deal.

It's amazing this actually has to be explained to you and the others.

I also cant believe that you, of all people here, are falling for this overused and asinine political 'discourse' (and that uses the phrase VERY loosely).

You really think good judgment leads one to believe a religious myth about the pyramids with no meaningful evidence to support it as fact?
I really think that policy should take the lead role in candidates. I think that tells me FAR more about their judgment in such a high position in the government than a silly belief about the pyramids. If he were to base some policy on this that would be different. otherwise, there are a thousand things that every one says is true but I or others find absolutely asinine.

When you bring in a subject that has zero importance and zero impact then, no, it does not show jack shit. Perhaps his entire thought process on the pyramids is the way it is because he has not thought about the subject for more than a minute. Perhaps he is just weird when it comes to subjects like these. I don't know or care.

His policies are awful too.

Like always they take what he said out of context.
Ben Carson believes Joseph built Egypt’s pyramids to store grain — and it just might get him some votes

The Internet scorn, however, ignored a couple of things.

First, there was the rest of the video: roughly 14 more minutes that frame Carson’s pyramid quote in the context of a bigger critique of both science and ignorance.

Second, it’s precisely that critique, that strange blend of surgical knowledge and scientific skepticism, that may have Carson positioned atop polls in Iowa and in contention for the GOP presidential nomination.

Second, it’s precisely that critique, that strange blend of surgical knowledge and scientific skepticism, that may have Carson positioned atop polls in Iowa and in contention for the GOP presidential nomination.

Forget it......Carson is a religious zealot and will "charm" evangelicals for a while but we do NOT want a theocracy in the U.S.

All scientific knowledge is "theory." The problem is that you don't understand the terminology.

I totally agree with you.
Yes I do understand it very well.
Theory is not fact. When fact or proof is presented, then it no longer is a theory.
The pyramids are being taught as fact that they are tombs and no proof or evidence has been confirmed that they were tombs.
A History of the Great Pyramid
Rather ironically, that same public soon began to refer to the coffer in the King’s Chamber as a sarcophagus. This fostered the assumption that somebody must have been buried within and thus was born the theory that the Great Pyramid may have been a tomb. Academic interest remained firmly focused on the pyramid’s mathematical mysteries, but, for reasons that may never be known, and despite knowing it was grossly at odds with the evidence, Egyptologists of the time appeared more than willing to jump on (and, in fact, may even have created) the tomb bandwagon.

Forget it......Carson is a religious zealot and will "charm" evangelicals for a while but we do NOT want a theocracy in the U.S.

We will never have a theocracy and he will not turn American into one either.
That is false assumptions.

Really, those ancient Egyptians must have either been nuts or have had a weird sense of humor (at least according to that renowned Egyptologist, Dr. Ben Carson) when placing dead bodies next to their food source.

Incest was common. Probably had an effect on their mental stability. :)

We will never have a theocracy and he will not turn American into one either.
That is false assumptions.

Carson's campaign is one of Bible-thumping...which excites the base....However, whenever Carson speaks of ANYTHING else, he falls flat on his face.

Like always they take what he said out of context.
Ben Carson believes Joseph built Egypt’s pyramids to store grain — and it just might get him some votes

The Internet scorn, however, ignored a couple of things.

First, there was the rest of the video: roughly 14 more minutes that frame Carson’s pyramid quote in the context of a bigger critique of both science and ignorance.

========
Yep, Iowan's can be pretty darn stupid.

One of their women married me. Now that was one of the dumbest stunts of all time.

Forum List

Back