Thousands to Be Questioned on Eligibility for Health Insurance Subsidies

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
The Obama administration is contacting hundreds of thousands of people with subsidized health insurance to resolve questions about their eligibility, as consumer advocates express concern that many will be required to repay some or all of the subsidies.Of the eight million people who signed up for private health plans through insurance exchanges under the new health care lawtwo million reported personal information that differed from data in government records, according to federal officials and Serco, the company hired to resolve such inconsistencies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/16/u...lity-for-health-insurance-subsidies.html?_r=0

Boy nobody saw THIS coming! :rolleyes:

• Banned
Even though consumers have sent documents to Serco’s office in London, Ky., the government cannot always link the documents to applications for coverage filed months earlier. In addition, some consumers report persistent problems when they try to upload documents through HealthCare.gov.

• Banned
The government enrolled people “before the systems were in place to accurately confirm eligibility,” said Representative Diane Black, Republican of Tennessee.

So much for those democrat votes! Those people were told to just sign up. Just get the sign up numbers up.

One big government mess fostered upon the US and accepted by the Congress and the people. It was rolled out before it was ready and they new it. But Obama had to have something to cling to. If Hillary or if the next President is of the same ilk we are going down, down, down because the people will not complain loud enough to Congress and Congress is too weak to do any good.

Even though consumers have sent documents to Serco’s office in London, Ky., the government cannot always link the documents to applications for coverage filed months earlier. In addition, some consumers report persistent problems when they try to upload documents through HealthCare.gov.

Hey now maybe THIS is the system that needs to be used to register and document immigrant applicants for citizenship and benefits.

The Democrats can be in charge of enlisting and recruiting all the immigrants they want using this system.
Inclusion of minorities and diversity welcomed for all races, genders, and economic class or criminal status!

(And the Republicans can relax, because only the ones who can navigate through will ever get funding!)

Last edited:
My guess is that a lot of people had someone else do the online application for them and the info they gave them was faulty. Several members of my family shove anything that requires "online" off on me to do for them because they don't do computers. I am sure there were some that intended to cheat, but I am willing to guess most were just sloppy.

I am on the phone with a client AND the Marketplace right now, they have "lost" repeated documents that have been supplied, this is a nightmare for these folks.

Let'see, the IRS which seems to have primary jurisdiction in the enforcement of the ironically named "affordable care act" has ..whoops...lost a bunch of E-mails relating to their boss. Should we rely on the gigantic federal bureaucracy run by incompetent drones to "resolve questions" related to ACA?

Let'see, the IRS which seems to have primary jurisdiction in the enforcement of the ironically named "affordable care act" has ..whoops...lost a bunch of E-mails relating to their boss. Should we rely on the gigantic federal bureaucracy run by incompetent drones to "resolve questions" related to ACA?

Simple answer? Nope!

My guess is that a lot of people had someone else do the online application for them and the info they gave them was faulty. Several members of my family shove anything that requires "online" off on me to do for them because they don't do computers. I am sure there were some that intended to cheat, but I am willing to guess most were just sloppy.

I took more than 300 through the exchange.

I have to tell them twice, once after the income portion of the application and once at the very end as we affirm the enrollment that I need their permission to sign their name stating that everything they have told me is correct under penalty of perjury.

I took more than 300 through the exchange.

I have to tell them twice, once after the income portion of the application and once at the very end as we affirm the enrollment that I need their permission to sign their name stating that everything they have told me is correct under penalty of perjury.

That doesn't change that people might have made honest mistakes. In addition, sometimes life is messy. For instance if my dad gives me $40K to put in the bank to hide in case he has to go into the nursing home some day with the understanding that when he croaks I will split it with all the kids, is it mine or his or theirs or whose interest is that?

Forum List

Back