🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Thread/Topic Censure: this happening to you too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Don't you just hate it when message boards censure free speech? Tell me about your experiences and I'll tell you about mine..

Websites aren't bound to uphold the 1st Amendment. Often times it's a classification issue. Allow nudity for example and you get classified an adult site which effects advertisers, v-chip software stuff, etc.

It's never happened here but I have had people gang up on me so badly that the Mods singled me out because of the upheaval.

They (the members and the Mods) would look for anything even remotely outside the rules, they even closed the board down on the weekends because people were going nuts (and, of course, I got the blame) - it was very strange............

I was being targeted - I was the only outspoken conservative on there....

The minute a website begins censuring topics like this one: Four Supreme Court Justices Summarize How June's Gay-Marriage Decision Was Improper/Illegal | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum without warning or explanation, twice now in two days, with its benign, current and popular theme of discussion tens of thousands of views and hundreds of replies in one week's time... is the day the website commits suicide.
There is bias and unfairness on this board no doubt. But it's better than most political boards.

:wtf:

I just responded to this thread 4 times now and every single one has been deleted or words I am not typing are being inserted into my sentences to prevent me from saying what I am trying to say. I can't believe these fluffy bunnies are doing this wonderful stuff! I am so happy! They can just keep doing a wonderful job!
:p

The minute a website begins censuring topics like this one: Four Supreme Court Justices Summarize How June's Gay-Marriage Decision Was Improper/Illegal | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum without warning or explanation, twice now in two days, with its benign, current and popular theme of discussion tens of thousands of views and hundreds of replies in one week's time... is the day the website commits suicide.
Don't worry, you're an idiot, get used to it...... :thup:

It's never happened here but I have had people gang up on me so badly that the Mods singled me out because of the upheaval.

They (the members and the Mods) would look for anything even remotely outside the rules, they even closed the board down on the weekends because people were going nuts (and, of course, I got the blame) - it was very strange............

Yep, sounds quite a bit like one or two of the forums I've gone to in the past. Even on "conservative" forums (liberals masquerading as conservatives to tease the GOP mindset further left by "herd think") this happened to me.

Has it ever happened to you on a conservative forum and if so, which one? This one claims to be middle ground and tolerant but locking a hugely popular thread twice in two days without a reason given reveals it's true colors: rainbow.

Don't worry, you're an idiot, get used to it...... :thup:
So if your cult deems someone an idiot, they no longer have the civil right to the 1st Amendment. Got it. I think you're an idiot. Soon you will be bound and gagged.

See how subjective law works? Might want to study up on why the Constitution was ratified to begin with. Depending on which King siezes power of the day (election 2016 anyone?) "subjective laws and protection (or not) of civil rights" can be a real bummer all of a sudden...

Yep, sounds quite a bit like one or two of the forums I've gone to in the past. Even on "conservative" forums (liberals masquerading as conservatives to tease the GOP mindset further left by "herd think") this happened to me.

Has it ever happened to you on a conservative forum and if so, which one? This one claims to be middle ground and tolerant but locking a hugely popular thread twice in two days without a reason given reveals it's true colors: rainbow.

This is only the 2nd message board I have been on so, we'll see. I hardly have time for this one, much less anymore..... I was quite shocked at my 1st experience! I was pretty passive (by standards on here) but they were so far left ...... they were not just bleeding hearts, they were hemorrhaging hearts!

This is only the 2nd message board I have been on so, we'll see. I hardly have time for this one, much less anymore..... I was quite shocked at my 1st experience! I was pretty passive (by standards on here) but they were so far left ...... they were not just bleeding hearts, they were hemorrhaging hearts!

I think the word you were searching for was "fascist" hearts. How many bleeding hearts do you know that like to duct tape their victim's mouths shut?

You have no 1st amendment right to post your opinion on somebody else's website.

they should have just kicked me off then, instead of being covert assholes about it

I'm just saying they had a right to say you don't fit in and block me from the board.
Instead of trying to make it look like it was my fault, when they were the ones in the wrong.....

If you are in control and proud of what you stand for then ... man up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back