Three women dead in family shootout

We've already had a couple threads on this.
Keep up.

I searched back to before the story was posted in the wee hours. Found nothing at all.

That bitch has the crazy eyes!!!!!

Did y'all hear about the crazed libtards in Sacramento who stabbed ten people's?

Another crazy person with a gun and and a "mental crisis" and a clear cut example of of suicide by cop. Why would they dig up stuff about the shooters religious faith? Never let a tragedy go to waste if you can blame Christian faith and the NRA?

Another crazy person with a gun and and a "mental crisis" and a clear cut example of of suicide by cop. Why would they dig up stuff about the shooters religious faith? Never let a tragedy go to waste if you can blame Christian faith and the NRA?

And yet a muslim can kill 49 people and they go out of their way not to mention his faith. This country had better wake the fuck up.....

>> When police pulled up to the manicured Houston subdivision Friday evening, after a flood of 911 calls directing them there, they found two young women lying in the street, their bodies bleeding from bullet wounds.

Nearby stood their mother, 42-year-old Christy Sheats. In her hand, she held a gun.

Authorities demanded that she drop her weapon, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, but she refused. An officer with the Fulshear Police Department opened fire and shot the mother dead.

Sheats’s husband and the girls’ father, Jason Sheats, watched the carnage unfold from afar. Friday was his birthday, neighbors told ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. The couple had recently reunited after a marital separation, they said. The father was uninjured, police told reporters, but he was so distraught that he was taken to a local hospital for evaluation. <<​

(Article here, includes a news video which for me at least does not play)

A bit of background from later down the page:

>> Records obtained by the Chronicle show that authorities had visited the family home multiple times, but the sheriff would not disclose why. A representative with his office told People magazine that the calls were for “previous altercations” involving the mother’s “mental crisis.”

... In 2014, she posted a different photo, in which the girls were hugging, alongside a bible verse, James 1:17: “Every good and perfect gift is from above,” she wrote, quoting the verse. She added: “Today I am thankful for my two perfect gifts! They are very best friends — they make me so very proud to be their mother.”

Christy Sheats wrote often online about her faith, and on several occasions she posted about her support of the Second Amendment and her right to bear arms.

“I have 10 guns. Obama wants 8 of my guns. How many guns do I have?” said one meme, over a photo of bullets and a gun. “That’s right, I have 10 guns.” <<
Apparently it only took one.

Two innocents, 17 and 22, gunned down in their prime, and an obviously sick perpetrator killed by police.

Nobody left to answer any questions.

The fruits of a culture of violence. :(
The fruits of a culture of violence, eh? You've got it all figured out then. How nice for you.

Let me fix that.....out of 320,000,000 people in the United States, with over 357,000,000 guns in private hands, a tiny minority of people, misuse those guns........

to the tune of 356,991,876 to 8,124 gun murders.

Now...any rational person is going to see those numbers and realize that we do not have a culture of violence.....we have a tiny number of people in tiny areas of our country who misuse guns.....

And considering cars accidentally kill about 33-35,000 people a year....yeah...we don't have a culture of violence...

What we need to do? Fix the small number of people doing the shooting.....they are making anti-gun nuts look like morons.....

>> When police pulled up to the manicured Houston subdivision Friday evening, after a flood of 911 calls directing them there, they found two young women lying in the street, their bodies bleeding from bullet wounds.

Nearby stood their mother, 42-year-old Christy Sheats. In her hand, she held a gun.

Authorities demanded that she drop her weapon, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, but she refused. An officer with the Fulshear Police Department opened fire and shot the mother dead.

Sheats’s husband and the girls’ father, Jason Sheats, watched the carnage unfold from afar. Friday was his birthday, neighbors told ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. The couple had recently reunited after a marital separation, they said. The father was uninjured, police told reporters, but he was so distraught that he was taken to a local hospital for evaluation. <<​

>> Records obtained by the Chronicle show that authorities had visited the family home multiple times, but the sheriff would not disclose why. A representative with his office told People magazine that the calls were for “previous altercations” involving the mother’s “mental crisis.”

... In 2014, she posted a different photo, in which the girls were hugging, alongside a bible verse, James 1:17: “Every good and perfect gift is from above,” she wrote, quoting the verse. She added: “Today I am thankful for my two perfect gifts! They are very best friends — they make me so very proud to be their mother.”

Christy Sheats wrote often online about her faith, and on several occasions she posted about her support of the Second Amendment and her right to bear arms.

“I have 10 guns. Obama wants 8 of my guns. How many guns do I have?” said one meme, over a photo of bullets and a gun. “That’s right, I have 10 guns.” <<

Two innocents, 17 and 22, gunned down in their prime, and an obviously sick perpetrator killed by police.

The article said she had mental problems.
So would that make this the culture of crazy?

We don't have a culture of crazy. A culture is something people seek out and value. Hence the guns.
We may have a disease of crazy, maybe an epidemic, but that's involuntary.

Because she made a point of it in her tweets, and people on the outside want to know the background.

Don't believe the NRA was mentioned though.

Keep up.

I searched back to before the story was posted in the wee hours. Found nothing at all.

Duh. That meant I searched this site. Why would I search other news sources when I already had one?

And yet a muslim can kill 49 people and they go out of their way not to mention his faith. This country had better wake the fuck up.....

Actually you just did. And the story here didn't mention a religion. Nor (probably) is it relevant.

The article said she had mental problems.
So would that make this the culture of crazy?

We don't have a culture of crazy. A culture is something people seek out and value. Hence the guns.
We may have a disease of crazy, maybe an epidemic, but that's involuntary.

So being a liberal is involuntary.....

And considering cars accidentally kill about 33-35,000 people a year....yeah...we don't have a culture of violence...

Non sequitur. You just described them as 'accidents'.

What we need to do? Fix the small number of people doing the shooting.....they are making anti-gun nuts look like morons.....

Nope. You fix the culture that drives the violence and the blood lust. Whoops, there's religion again.
Anyway if you starve the fuel, it won't matter what the available tools are. We could have an epidemic of homicides by poisoning, but we don't live in a poisoning culture.

Because she made a point of it in her tweets, and people on the outside want to know the background.

And the terrorist in Orlando made reference to ISIS and they tried to quash it.
Your point?

Your point?

Wasn't "quashed" at all. I heard that in the first report.

Your point?
And what's this got to do with the previous post? You think this lady was politically motivated?

Keep up.

Duh. That meant I searched this site. Why would I search other news sources when I already had one?

message board is not a valid news source. It is a place of opinions, discussions and debates.

Keep up.

message board is not a valid news source. It is a place of opinions, discussions and debates.

HOLY SHIT the DENSITY.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

• "When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges. Please select the forum that best relates to the subject matter of your topic.
--- USMB Rules and Guidelines, Point Number ONE.

--- that means check *HERE* ---- not on the internets around the world. SMH

Look up the phrase "due diligence".

Your point?

Wasn't "quashed" at all. I heard that in the first report.

Your point?
And what's this got to do with the previous post? You think this lady was politically motivated?

Who said she was? It's been my contention all along she was nuts.
I'm sure if she screamed Jesus is Great while gunning down her daughters we would be hearing about it none stop.
As it is they only had some facebook posts so they ran with it.

Who said she was? It's been my contention all along she was nuts.

You yourself just heavily implied it with a reference to DAESH. Moving your own goalposts?

I'm sure if she screamed Jesus is Great while gunning down her daughters we would be hearing about it none stop.
As it is they only had some facebook posts so they ran with it.

And the question stands --- what's your point?

Forum List

Back