Tick, tick, tick, Texas

Huffo Puffo Fluffo

Deflection aside, look down the road.

Increasing Hispanic population, immigration reform, etc.

I assume you're saying this can't happen? Is that opinion based on any demographic data?

If you think that people are going to vote democratic simply because they're Hispanic, you're living in dreamland.

Ugh, straw man arguments give me gas. No, I didn't say that.

I'd really prefer to keep this conversation thoughtful and reasonable. This could actually be an interesting look at long term demographics and politics if we made it so.

Deflection aside, look down the road.

Increasing Hispanic population, immigration reform, etc.

I assume you're saying this can't happen? Is that opinion based on any demographic data?

If you think that people are going to vote democratic simply because they're Hispanic, you're living in dreamland.

Ugh, straw man arguments give me gas. No, I didn't say that.

I'd really prefer to keep this conversation thoughtful and reasonable. This could actually be an interesting look at long term demographics and politics if we made it so.

Ah, I could've sworn that you pointed to an increasing Hispanic population as an indicator that Texas would swing to the Democratic Party.

My bad.

Texas could be turning purple, and could end up blue, within 10-15 years. 38 electoral votes, if not more.
Obviously, you have never been to Texas.

Besides, hispanic have traditionally voted conservative.

And will swing back to voting conservation once the Democrats freebies dry up due to lack of funds.

The Rio Grand Valley area and most urban areas are already blue. But there is a lot of rural areas that are still red and will likely stay that way for the forseable future.

Still don't see it after reading the article. They're making quite a few assumptions based more on a national demographic. The demographics in Texas just don't match those in California which is what the article looks like its trying to emulate.

If I was a bright, educated, intelligent Hispanic, I would greatly resent a partisan Democrat who would think my vote could be taken for granted or that I march in lockstep with anybody. I would likely even see such an assumption as racist.

Evenmoreso if it was assumed that most Hispanics are dull, uneducated, ignorant, and estúpido and therefore will vote Democrat to get promised freebies.

To Democrats who think that way, shame on you.

And if Hispanics vote Democratic to punish Republicans who want secure borders and immigration laws enforced, and the country can otherwise go to hell in a hand basket, then shame on them.

Texas could be turning purple, and could end up blue, within 10-15 years. 38 electoral votes, if not more.

When it does, it's over.

Texas Turns Battleground As Democrats Look To Hispanic Voters To Make State Blue

I can only hope by the time the demographics progress that republicans have gotten their shit together and can actually win over minority voters.

And that's the question here. The Dems obviously aren't getting 100% of the minority vote, but they're pretty confident they can (1) get a lion's share of an increasing minority vote, and (2) convince enough minorities who haven't been voting to get to the polls and vote D. That's their plan for grabbing Texas within a few years.

Certainly can't blame 'em for thinking this. So we'll see what the GOP is gonna do about this. If anything.

Last edited:
Maybe in 15-20 years the Demographics will change to make Texas and Florida blue. If it happens, we will never see another Republican President

I dont think nor have I ever thought there is a need to pander to or exploit one group of people. That's unacceptable. Treat everyone the same and don't make promises to this group, that group etc.

When it does, it's over.

Texas Turns Battleground As Democrats Look To Hispanic Voters To Make State Blue

10-15 years? Apparently you also believe that the USA will be intact in 10-15 years.

Wake up. You MAY have 10-15 MONTHS to get your shit together and prepare for the forthcoming economic and social collapse.

My guess is that Texas will become it's own COUNTRY in the not too distant future.

Huffo Puffo Fluffo

Huffpo has nothing to do with it. The truth is that if Hillary runs in 2016, she very well may put Julian Castro on as her running mate. With a Hillary/Castro ticket, Texas could actually go blue in 2016. Hispanic voters are not organized and don't tend to vote in big numbers. With Castro on the ticket, that could change quickly.

I dont think nor have I ever thought there is a need to pander to or exploit one group of people. That's unacceptable. Treat everyone the same and don't make promises to this group, that group etc.

Agreed, yet Identity Politics has been massively successful for the Dems for decades.

I forget which writer/pundit/politician/whatever said it, but I agree with the opinion that the GOP has to stop bending over for PC and start taking the argument straight to minorities across the board, challenging them to defend Identity Politics...

The reality in Texas is:

Hispanics who become citizens, start a business, see to their children's education, buy a home; overwhelmingly vote Republican.

This is the pattern the current illegals will follow once they get on the path towards citizenship. .. :cool:

Agreed, yet Identity Politics has been massively successful for the Dems for decades.

I forget which writer/pundit/politician/whatever said it, but I agree with the opinion that the GOP has to stop bending over for PC and start taking the argument straight to minorities across the board, challenging them to defend Identity Politics...

Agreed. Ignoring the issue has only widened the gap for the GOP. The dems have done an amazing job of branding the GOP as the party of old white rich men and the GOP needs to get out there and go directly to minorities to challenge those assumptions.

In 2008, O won Bexar County, San Antonio 52 percent to 46 percent over JM. In 2012, O had 12,000 fewer votes and won San Antonio 51 to 47 percent. Currently, San Antonio is 58 percent hispanic and 42 percent caucasian. According to the numbers, less are voting for democrats. In 2008, O won Harris County, Houston, 50 to 48 percent. In 2012, the results were tied 49 to 49 percent. Again, we see democrats losing ground. San Antonio and Houston are #4 and #7 respectively in population in the whole US. Basically, the article is basing projections on what ifs and no hard scientific data.

Last edited:
The reality in Texas is:

Hispanics who become citizens, start a business, see to their children's education, buy a home; overwhelmingly vote Republican.

This is the pattern the current illegals will follow once they get on the path towards citizenship. .. :cool:

How do you explain the Democrat's success with the Asian and Jewish population?

Forum List

Back