Tick, tick, tick, Texas

The reality in Texas is:

Hispanics who become citizens, start a business, see to their children's education, buy a home; overwhelmingly vote Republican.

This is the pattern the current illegals will follow once they get on the path towards citizenship. .. :cool:

How do you explain the Democrat's success with the Asian and Jewish population?
Sorry nitwit, but there isn't very many Asians and Jews in Texas. .. :cool:

Huffo Puffo Fluffo

Huffpo has nothing to do with it. The truth is that if Hillary runs in 2016, she very well may put Julian Castro on as her running mate. With a Hillary/Castro ticket, Texas could actually go blue in 2016. Hispanic voters are not organized and don't tend to vote in big numbers. With Castro on the ticket, that could change quickly.

Castro received 34,000 votes to win the last election, in a city of 1.4 million people. He's hasn't really done anything.

The reality in Texas is:

Hispanics who become citizens, start a business, see to their children's education, buy a home; overwhelmingly vote Republican.

This is the pattern the current illegals will follow once they get on the path towards citizenship. .. :cool:

My point is that you assume hardworking business and home owners will vote overwhelmingly for a Republican. The Democrat's success with the Asian and Jewish population kinda shoots that theory down, doesn't it?

My point is that you assume hardworking business and home owners will vote overwhelmingly for a Republican. The Democrat's success with the Asian and Jewish population kinda shoots that theory down, doesn't it?
You do realize the thread is about hispanics in Texas?? .. :cool:

Huffo Puffo Fluffo

Huffpo has nothing to do with it. The truth is that if Hillary runs in 2016, she very well may put Julian Castro on as her running mate. With a Hillary/Castro ticket, Texas could actually go blue in 2016. Hispanic voters are not organized and don't tend to vote in big numbers. With Castro on the ticket, that could change quickly.

Castro in the U.S. government?

Well, name recognition sure wouldn't be a problem.

Huffo Puffo Fluffo

Deflection aside, look down the road.

Increasing Hispanic population, immigration reform, etc.

I assume you're saying this can't happen? Is that opinion based on any demographic data?

Is Colorado a better place with the Californication of it? What amazes me is that imbeciles on the left celebrate that illiterates vote for them....... reaching for the stars aren't ya?

You do realize the thread is about hispanics in Texas?? .. :cool:

And what about them starting a business, owning a home, and seeing to their children's education would make them vote Republican? Especially if they want to send their kids to one of those "evil liberal indoctrination centers" called college.

Huffo Puffo Fluffo

I assume you're saying this can't happen? Is that opinion based on any demographic data?

Is Colorado a better place with the Californication of it? What amazes me is that imbeciles on the left celebrate that illiterates vote for them....... reaching for the stars aren't ya?

What baffles me is that they leave CA because of their high taxes and numerous regulations and then go ahead and implement the same lunacy in the state that they move to. :confused::confused:

The reality in Texas is:

.....nor many grammar teachers

"I'd really prefer to keep this conversation thoughtful and reasonable. This could actually be an interesting look at long term demographics and politics if we made it so."

You have a very sunny attitude. Too bad it is so rare.

Huffo Puffo Fluffo

I have no idea what this means, but I'm just sure you're right.

I dont think nor have I ever thought there is a need to pander to or exploit one group of people. That's unacceptable. Treat everyone the same and don't make promises to this group, that group etc.

Agreed, yet Identity Politics has been massively successful for the Dems for decades.

I forget which writer/pundit/politician/whatever said it, but I agree with the opinion that the GOP has to stop bending over for PC and start taking the argument straight to minorities across the board, challenging them to defend Identity Politics...

Agreed. Ignoring the issue has only widened the gap for the GOP. The dems have done an amazing job of branding the GOP as the party of old white rich men and the GOP needs to get out there and go directly to minorities to challenge those assumptions.

And yet when the Herman Cain's or Ted Cruz's show up, they are shouted down by liberals as Uncle Tom's who are not really black or hispanic enough. The Republicans get accused of trotting them out as tokens. The media endorses and perpetuates those views. How exactly do you fight that kind of machine?

Texas could be turning purple, and could end up blue, within 10-15 years. 38 electoral votes, if not more.

When it does, it's over.

Texas Turns Battleground As Democrats Look To Hispanic Voters To Make State Blue

Why do you think Democrats have fought so hard against the enforcement of immigration and voter ID laws? If Texas turns blue, it won't be because legitimate citizens registered to vote changed it.

Nonsense.

Just because they are Hispanic, doesn't mean they are illegal.

I dont think nor have I ever thought there is a need to pander to or exploit one group of people. That's unacceptable. Treat everyone the same and don't make promises to this group, that group etc.

Agreed, yet Identity Politics has been massively successful for the Dems for decades.

I forget which writer/pundit/politician/whatever said it, but I agree with the opinion that the GOP has to stop bending over for PC and start taking the argument straight to minorities across the board, challenging them to defend Identity Politics...

Agreed. Ignoring the issue has only widened the gap for the GOP. The dems have done an amazing job of branding the GOP as the party of old white rich men and the GOP needs to get out there and go directly to minorities to challenge those assumptions.

One problem they run into is comments coming from people like koshergrl and KatznDogz. It's a false assumption that most Republicans are racists or hostile towards Hispanics, but it only takes a couple comments like the ones they made in this topic to keep that perception alive.

What baffles me is that they leave CA because of their high taxes and numerous regulations and then go ahead and implement the same lunacy in the state that they move to. :confused::confused:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Liberalism is insane.

Texas could be turning purple, and could end up blue, within 10-15 years. 38 electoral votes, if not more.

When it does, it's over.

Texas Turns Battleground As Democrats Look To Hispanic Voters To Make State Blue

Why do you think Democrats have fought so hard against the enforcement of immigration and voter ID laws? If Texas turns blue, it won't be because legitimate citizens registered to vote changed it.

Nonsense.

Just because they are Hispanic, doesn't mean they are illegal.

I didn't say that. But it is clear that Democrats don't view illegal immigrants as illegal. The are undocumented workers. Their preference is to give illegal immigrants amnesty in the hopes that if they scratch their backs, the newly minted citizens will scratch theirs. Texas has the largest border with Mexico. Let people across the border freely, make them citizens and change the voting demographic. Until they can accomplish that, they will work to defeat voter ID laws to get the votes they desire. You are niave if you don't believe that isn't a DNC agenda item.

Huffo Puffo Fluffo

Those reasons right there are why it could happen.

And to call it "reform" is being generous. While it falls short of outright amnesty, it is a shortcut of which criminals are undeserving.

May as well call it what it really is... A voter registration drive for Democrats...

And just so we're clear, the Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for their lack of appeal to the majority of minority voters...

Forum List

Back