Tim Tebow a victim of the media!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Tim Tebow was a not a great QB and shouldn't be a starter in the NFL, but he should definitely be on some team as a back up. I was looking for a backup QB for my fantasy team and saw the list of all the employed QB. And some are just bad! Tebow might not be great, but he is better than many on the list including some starters.

Here is a list of NFL employed QBs that he is better than:
Josh Freeman
Christian Ponder
Chad Henne
Jason Campbel
Josh McCown
Shaun Hill
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Seneca Wallace
Derek Anderson
Matt Cassel
Ryan Fitzpatrick
tarvis Jackson
Kevin Kolb
Brady Quin
Mark Sanchez
Colt McCoy

Just to name a few. Tebow had provable success. The argument is that it was the team no him. To some extent, but bad QBs usually sink teams. Orton started them in the hole at 1-4 and he came back to get them into the playoffs and win I believe 2 games. That is success. Again he isn't starter material, but he is a great back up option.

I think teams passed on him because the media focus on him for some odd reason. They made him a distraction that teams passed on.

It's a shame because he is the picture perfect role model in a sport with very few left.

Tim Tebow was a not a great QB and shouldn't be a starter in the NFL, but he should definitely be on some team as a back up. I was looking for a backup QB for my fantasy team and saw the list of all the employed QB. And some are just bad! Tebow might not be great, but he is better than many on the list including some starters.

Josh Freeman
Christian Ponder
Chad Henne
Jason Campbel
Josh McCown
Shaun Hill
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Seneca Wallace
Derek Anderson
Matt Cassel
Ryan Fitzpatrick
tarvis Jackson
Kevin Kolb
Brady Quin
Mark Sanchez
Colt McCoy

Just to name a few. Tebow had provable success. The argument is that it was the team no him. To some extent, but bad QBs usually sink teams. Orton started them in the hole at 1-4 and he came back to get them into the playoffs and win I believe 2 games. That is success. Again he isn't starter material, but he is a great back up option.

I think teams passed on him because the media focus on him for some odd reason. They made him a distraction that teams passed on.

It's a shame because he is the picture perfect role model in a sport with very few left.

I would argue that most of the QBs on your list are better passers than Tebow.

Tebow may be a better runner, he may be a better leader, but his passing is too inconsistent.

He might be good in some kind of coaching capacity?

Josh Freeman
Christian Ponder
Chad Henne
Jason Campbel
Josh McCown
Shaun Hill
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Seneca Wallace
Derek Anderson
Matt Cassel
Ryan Fitzpatrick
tarvis Jackson
Kevin Kolb
Brady Quin
Mark Sanchez
Colt McCoy

Tebow may be a better runner, he may be a better leader, but his passing is too inconsistent.

All on that list are bad passers, Tebow is a better passer. It's like the tallest midget, but that is usually what back-up QBs are. They are the scape-goat if the starting QB goes down!

Tim is a victim of his own vanity.

I don't think so. I think the media hype him up because of the Heisem Trophy. Then he came in behind an awful QB in Orton. He got a chance where the season was in a deep hole. He turned it around in dramatic fashion (come from behind wins). He then got all the media attention. Many people hated him because of his clean-cut Christian image (which should be praised not ridiculed) and rooted against him.

Then Manning fell into Denver's lap and Tebow was traded to the worst possible situation. The media hype didn't end. After that he should have found a back up position. Heck even Rex Grossman has consistently found a back up slot.

No team wanted to take him because the media would spotlight him for no good reason and it becomes a distraction.

Josh Freeman
Christian Ponder
Chad Henne
Jason Campbel
Josh McCown
Shaun Hill
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Seneca Wallace
Derek Anderson
Matt Cassel
Ryan Fitzpatrick
tarvis Jackson
Kevin Kolb
Brady Quin
Mark Sanchez
Colt McCoy

All on that list are bad passers, Tebow is a better passer. It's like the tallest midget, but that is usually what back-up QBs are. They are the scape-goat if the starting QB goes down!

Tebow is the worst passer I have seen play in an NFL game. Not always; he can sometimes throw the ball very well. But I've never seen anyone go so often from on target to throwing the ball in the ground 5 yards from his intended target.
He's a man who won a game throwing 2 completions. :tongue:

Josh Freeman
Christian Ponder
Chad Henne
Jason Campbel
Josh McCown
Shaun Hill
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Seneca Wallace
Derek Anderson
Matt Cassel
Ryan Fitzpatrick
tarvis Jackson
Kevin Kolb
Brady Quin
Mark Sanchez
Colt McCoy

You seem unaware of the fact that football is entertainment, it’s show business and indeed itself part of ‘the media.’ It’s perfectly appropriate, therefore, for teams to pass on him due to perceived bad PR – regardless how capricious or unjustified.

Josh Freeman
Christian Ponder
Chad Henne
Jason Campbel
Josh McCown
Shaun Hill
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Seneca Wallace
Derek Anderson
Matt Cassel
Ryan Fitzpatrick
tarvis Jackson
Kevin Kolb
Brady Quin
Mark Sanchez
Colt McCoy

Tebow is a terrible passer, he threw some of the worst passes I have ever seen in the pros. There maybe two QB's on the list that I'd take Tebow over.

He would make a good TE or FB.

I rooted for him to become a better QB, great leadership skills, but even with help, that is not the position for him.

He is a man in the wrong position.
His numbers were simply not there.
Having said that, it is difficult to disagree with the OP that some of the backup and even starter QB's suck pretty bad.

Having said that, it is difficult to disagree with the OP that some of the backup and even starter QB's suck pretty bad.

Another QB could have better skills than another, but the lesser skilled QB may have better leadership skills and his team mates reacted and player better with the lesser skilled QB.
I've seen that scenario happen in both pro and college football and I think that's the case for Tebow. He's not a great passer, his decision making and leadership qualities have been questionable.
The Patriots did actually briefly did try him at another position and gave up on that idea too.
Regarding him winning the Heisman Trophy, these QB's have basically flopped in the NFL after winning the Heisman as QBs.
Gino Torretta
Charlie Ward
Danny Wuerffel
Chris Weinke
Eric Crouch
Troy Smith

Tebow is the worst passer I have seen play in an NFL game. Not always; he can sometimes throw the ball very well. But I've never seen anyone go so often from on target to throwing the ball in the ground 5 yards from his intended target.
He's a man who won a game throwing 2 completions. :tongue:

LOL, you must not be a Chicago Bears fan. From McMahon to Culter we had a screw of the worst QBs in NFL history. We had the likes of Cade McNown, PT Willis, Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, Jonathan Quinn, Kordell Stewart, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris, Jim Miller, Shane Matthews, Erik Kramer, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Rick Mirer, Dave Krieg, Steve Walsh, Jim Harbaugh and Mike Tomczak.

I am going to say right now I have never seen a worst passers that the Mighty Quinn and Burris!

Note during this Span GB had one QB in Farve (with I believe Rodgers starting the year prior to Culter coming or right after)!

Tebow got cut by the Patriots because he sucks. No team in the NFL is interested in Tebow because he sucks! Learn the game. He's not even a good back up QB. Tebow just isn't cut out to be an NFL Quarterback.

I have seen him play just like you and I woul agree he sucks, but the reality is most back up QBs suck. See the list. From watching him play I think he is better than most on the list if not all.

Back up QBs usually suck, because they're a shortterm solution to the biggest crisis in football (your starter goes down)!

Another QB could have better skills than another, but the lesser skilled QB may have better leadership skills and his team mates reacted and player better with the lesser skilled QB.
I've seen that scenario happen in both pro and college football and I think that's the case for Tebow. He's not a great passer, his decision making and leadership qualities have been questionable.
The Patriots did actually briefly did try him at another position and gave up on that idea too.
Regarding him winning the Heisman Trophy, these QB's have basically flopped in the NFL after winning the Heisman as QBs.
Gino Torretta
Charlie Ward
Danny Wuerffel
Chris Weinke
Eric Crouch
Troy Smith

Charlie Ward never played in the NFL; he chose the NBA and spent a decade or so with the Knicks.

Tebow got cut by the Patriots because he sucks. No team in the NFL is interested in Tebow because he sucks! Learn the game. He's not even a good back up QB. Tebow just isn't cut out to be an NFL Quarterback.

I have seen him play just like you and I woul agree he sucks, but the reality is most back up QBs suck. See the list. From watching him play I think he is better than most on the list if not all.

Back up QBs usually suck, because they're a shortterm solution to the biggest crisis in football (your starter goes down)!

Not always. Wilson had a QB rating preseason of like 130.1 Our backup Travaris Jackson had a 131.6.

There are a lot of starting QBs we wouldn't trade for our number two.

Forum List

Back