Time to choose a side

Sides were chosen long ago.

And, one does not need 10 talking points to clarify which side one has chosen.

It's real simple.

One can choose Freedom and Liberty or one can choose something else.

Neither the republicans or democrats actually help bring freedom to this country. Both sides are as guilty as the other at reducing our freedoms and liberties.

I bet you think that you're profound.

Nope. My side of the fence is with the majority, against the two whacked-out ends.
thats not true

Here is your side and its far left but not the majority:

But before you do, you have to decide how much you can stomach being part of their group.

If you choose, or have chosen the republicans, you have to put up with:
1. Being owned by a political party, regardless if you realize your owned or not.
2. Supporting abortion. For the simple fact that there have been many GOP majorities, with enough of a majority to create a law against Roe V Wade, and make abortion a murder charge. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 5 instances were legislation was authored and presented to the congressional committee, that would overturn Roe V Wade. But was kept in committee by GOP chairmen.
3. You're going to have to continue to buy into the propaganda that fighting wars against countries that pose no actual threat to our national security is still somehow fighting for our own freedoms, liberties and American way of life.
4. You're going to have to accept that the GOP is 1/2 responsible for the welfare state. Simply because the GOP has had enough majorities to stop the welfare state, but chose not to.
5. You're going to have to understand that the NRA is just a lobbying group (now) for gun manufacturers, who own many of our congressmen and senators. And who's only fight, is to keep fear in your minds so you'll continue to think you need to buy a new gun. And that without a new gun, you're family will die.
6. You're going to have to think that allowing those from Mexico and South America is going to destroy your way of life. That your family is going to raped and murdered. That everyone from those two countries are just rapist, thieves and murderers.
7. You're gonna have to overlook the blatant lies told by right wing media and social media.
8. You'll have to overlook Trump BS and lies. Even if it makes the right look good.
9. And overlook the government, even during a republican majority isn't really fighting the war on drugs.
10. You'll have to put up with your party flip flopping on issues when it's convenient. As in immigration. Back during Ronald Reagans era, the republican party supported a more open border policy. And the same flip flopping on wars of aggression. And a few others. You, like the democrats are going to have to learn to "blow with the wind" a lot better. Because soon enough, the right and left are going to flip flop on almost all issues.

If you're a democrat, you'll have to put up with this.
1. A baby in the womb is just cells. It's not really life. Even though someone can be charged for the death of a fetus if they attack a pregnant woman.
2. You'll have to overlook all the violent druggy thugs, and have sympathy for them, when they murder, rape or beat you or someone you love. It's not their fault. It's their race, the system, or the drugs fault. Not theirs.
3. You'll have to overlook all the wars against countries that pose no threat to our national security. And meddling in other countries internal affairs just a way to keep America free.
4. You'll have to overlook your parties nomination rigging. (seriously, who on the left was actually supporting Biden BEFORE the nomination?
5. You'll have to overlook for profit race based organizations that makes whites out to be bad people. Even though you probably know a lot of whites who are decent hard working honest people. And never mind the fact that blacks have resources and laws that allow them more opportunities to succeed than any other race in this country. And if they choose NOT to better themselves, it's whiteys fault.
6. You'll have to overlook the fact that the democrats are more focused on taking guns from people who don't commit violent gun crimes than they are those who actually do use their guns for violence. As in Chicago gangs, violent druggy thugs like George Floyd (who used a gun to rob and beat a woman)
7. You're going to have to overlook the fact that transgender females still have a male bone and muscle structure when they're beating the snot out of biological females in sports. Try not to think about how it's really a man dominating women in just another way.
8. And having an open border means that more and more fentanyl and heroin will be coming across our borders. And ending the war on drugs will only create more drug addicts, more violent crimes, more thefts, more homeless people, more OD's, more divorces, more children without parents and a whole slew of other things that drug addictions brings.
9. You'll have to put up with your party flip flopping on issues when it's convenient. As in immigration. Back during Bill Clintons era and before, democrats wanted to secure Americans jobs by securing the border. You're going to have to learn to just "blow with the wind" a lot better.

Both republicans and democrats will have to be OK with their party lying, cheating and stealing. You both will have to put up with a government that allows the devaluation of the US dollar. You'll have to put up with $15hr becoming a poverty wage within the next 10 years.
Republicans and democrats have been in complete control for over 170 years. So instead of blaming each other you might try something different. How about like the police need to do, try policing your own. When the DNC clearly rigs their nomination for an establishment candidate (Biden or Clinton) why not call them out on it.
When Trump funds planned parenthood or bans bump stocks, why didn't you call him out on that?

P.S. Don't think I'm trying to push a 3rd party with this post. I'm not. There's no way in hell a 3rd party is ever going to be able to scale the mountain of BS the R & D's have put in place for any 3rd party.
Real Repubicans love the USA a
not the same old tax cut country club crap. This is about our society!

I'm cool right where I am ...

sitting-fence-man-not-making-decision-54557004.jpg

I don't disagree.

How much more proof do you need. Trump himself "infringed" on the 2nd. He also reauthorized FISA 702 (warrantless spying on Americans). And let's not forget him funding Planned Parenthood, in his first spending bill (that was backed by a republican majority in the House and Senate)
All of those things are an attack on our freedoms and the freedoms of the babies Trump killed with his spending bill approval.
Oh sure, he attacked Hitlery and the left. That's good for support and votes. But what good does it do to support someone who's going to do the same things the right attacks the left for?
Obama was bashed relentlessly (and for good reason) for funding planned parenthood. But Trump gets a pass?
Had Obama banned bump stocks, the right would've swore Obama was anti 2nd. And yet, Trump get's a pass.

Why? Because he's on the right. Well being on the right, IMO, doesn't give anyone a free pass.

And the same could be said about the left. It wasn't that long ago, that the left was anti illegal immigration. But because Trump was also against it, you'd think the left would've supported him on it. But the left wouldn't even support Trump for the bump stock ban.

This is the thing that made me realize just how owned I was when I was a die hard republican.

Thank you. I think party politics is the worst thing that ever happened to our nation. No one cares if we make progress or fix problems, as long as their side beats the other side.
Well put...

I'd go a step further and assert political whores deliberately promote "solutions" certain to fail, but perpetually empower groups of bureaucrooks that create mini-empires within the system and ensure money continues to be wasted and funneled into campaigns that continue to create more problems.

I'm not sure what would actually fix the whole shit show at this point though, other than a total collapse and lots of pain.

Unfortunately those who deserve the pain won't feel a thing.

P.S. Don't think I'm trying to push a 3rd party with this post. I'm not.
aren't you?

If not that then what?

Total apathy as a good thing?

An actual conservative party would be something that I could support. But actual conservatism isn't allowed. Even in the GOP. So, apathy isn't all that bad. In fact, I kind wished I'd never learned about politics.
After all, knowing what's going on, doesn't change what's going on. Complaining about all the goings on, on a political forum, only makes the stress levels climb. At least for those who take politic seriously.

Another who is somehow ignorant about my politics.
I know your politics very well

Its whatever the democrat party is for and republicans are against

The crazy lib in the link, Aruna Khilanani, is typical of the democrat party that you voted for

Or do you want to dismiss a phd who lectures at super liberal Yale as fringe?

How much more proof do you need. Trump himself "infringed" on the 2nd. He also reauthorized FISA 702 (warrantless spying on Americans). And let's not forget him funding Planned Parenthood, in his first spending bill (that was backed by a republican majority in the House and Senate)
All of those things are an attack on our freedoms and the freedoms of the babies Trump killed with his spending bill approval.
Oh sure, he attacked Hitlery and the left. That's good for support and votes. But what good does it do to support someone who's going to do the same things the right attacks the left for?
Obama was bashed relentlessly (and for good reason) for funding planned parenthood. But Trump gets a pass?
Had Obama banned bump stocks, the right would've swore Obama was anti 2nd. And yet, Trump get's a pass.

Why? Because he's on the right. Well being on the right, IMO, doesn't give anyone a free pass.

And the same could be said about the left. It wasn't that long ago, that the left was anti illegal immigration. But because Trump was also against it, you'd think the left would've supported him on it. But the left wouldn't even support Trump for the bump stock ban.

This is the thing that made me realize just how owned I was when I was a die hard republican.
I can't disagree with you on most points, but I will assert the meat puppet pillow biter obozo deliberately allowed bump stocks in hopes of some incident like the Las Vegas Massacre.

I never found much use for a bump stock anyway. We should just be able to buy select fire weapons at Wal-Mart.

If abortion was available 100 years ago, we would not have nearly as many sociopaths in prison or in the ghettos as we do. For that matter obozo would have been converted to rat shit in a abortion clinic dumpster decades ago.

An actual conservative party would be something that I could support. But actual conservatism isn't allowed. Even in the GOP.
Not if you just sit on the sidelines and wait for someone to fight for your ideas and present them to you on a silver platter

I agree that 3rd parties are cop outs that never intend to succeed.

But simply throwing bricks at the republcans from the sidelines is never going to make them become conservatives

You have to join the fight yourself

Don't take it seriously. That's why moonbats are so miserable, they're consumed with this shit. The rest of us mock them. I do so mercilessly hoping they perform retroactive self abortions.

Another who is somehow ignorant about my politics.
I know your politics very well

Its whatever the democrat party is for and republicans are against

The crazy lib in the link, Aruna Khilanani, is typical of the democrat party that you voted for

Or do you want to dismiss a phd who lectures at super liberal Yale as fringe?
Start a thread, invite me in, and ask me where I stand on three, five, seven issues.

I'm looking forward to proving you wrong again.

Do you have the balls? Hmmm?

I can't disagree with you on most points, but I will assert the meat puppet pillow biter obozo deliberately allowed bump stocks in hopes of some incident like the Las Vegas Massacre.

I never found much use for a bump stock anyway. We should just be able to buy select fire weapons at Wal-Mart.

If abortion was available 100 years ago, we would not have nearly as many sociopaths in prison or in the ghettos as we do. For that matter obozo would have been converted to rat shit in a abortion clinic dumpster decades ago.

Wait, what? Obama knew that someone using a bump stock would deliberately kill a bunch of people? Come on man, that's a HUGE stretch.
Obama wasn't as anti 2nd as the right makes him out to be. In fact, Obama wasn't half of what the right made him out to be. Nor was he half of what the left made him out to be.
Come to think of it, Trump wasn't near as bad as the left made him out to be, nor as good as the right made him out to be.

From the outside looking in, party politics makes us all look rather stupid.

Forum List

Back