Tiny Toy Gun Confiscated at Airport. Seriously, this is getting stupid.

Just because the person said the toy was not taken away other places does NOT mean ""the system" works well most of the time."

I fly a fair amount and I know what it is like. Airports are oppressive and due to the slowdown from all the regs being enforced there is chaos pretty much all the time. 'The system' discriminates against children and people like me with joint replacements and medical problems. The Remodulin for my pump can't go through X-ray. You would have thought I was going to blow the place up when I asked them to please not take my last bottle out of my sight to inspect it. I was afraid I wouldn't get it back and without it I am dead. I've been fondled more than a 16 year old in the back of a car at a drive in. If you have a medical issue, you will be sicker by the time the TSA is done with you. They are rude and hateful, some don't speak good English and they get pissed at the person who can't understand them. They have no qualms about ruining your stuff. When I came home from Orlando in September my checked bag had been ransacked and the pills from my daily pillbox (perfectly legal to have according to TSA website) were scattered all over it. I guess the Tiki type wind chime I bought at Disney looked like a bomb. But I packed it in my dirty underwear for packing, so they got to sniff my panties while they were at it. I love it when a plan comes together.

All of that is unacceptable. All of that is routine. For everybody.

That's nonsense - your personal anecdotes don't speak for "everybody" or "routine".

Since the TSA was created, I've flown more than 50 times. I've never been patted down, or taken aside for any sort of secondary screening. Neither, for that matter, has anyone I know.

The meaning of the word "IRONY" ...right here boys and girls!!

Personal anecdotes are meaningless, unless they are your own, of course......:rofl:

My personal anecdotes are exactly as relevant as Sunshine's.

That's my point.

That's nonsense - your personal anecdotes don't speak for "everybody" or "routine".

Since the TSA was created, I've flown more than 50 times. I've never been patted down, or taken aside for any sort of secondary screening. Neither, for that matter, has anyone I know.

Personal anecdotes are meaningless, unless they are your own, of course......:rofl:

That's my point.

Sure it was....:rofl:

What is the plural of anecdote Doc?

That's my point.

Sure it was....:rofl:

What is the plural of anecdote Doc?

I thought my meaning was quite clear. I apologize if it flew over your head.

The plural of anecdote is anecdotes.

Do you have any other words you need help with?

Just because the person said the toy was not taken away other places does NOT mean ""the system" works well most of the time."

I fly a fair amount and I know what it is like. Airports are oppressive and due to the slowdown from all the regs being enforced there is chaos pretty much all the time. 'The system' discriminates against children and people like me with joint replacements and medical problems. The Remodulin for my pump can't go through X-ray. You would have thought I was going to blow the place up when I asked them to please not take my last bottle out of my sight to inspect it. I was afraid I wouldn't get it back and without it I am dead. I've been fondled more than a 16 year old in the back of a car at a drive in. If you have a medical issue, you will be sicker by the time the TSA is done with you. They are rude and hateful, some don't speak good English and they get pissed at the person who can't understand them. They have no qualms about ruining your stuff. When I came home from Orlando in September my checked bag had been ransacked and the pills from my daily pillbox (perfectly legal to have according to TSA website) were scattered all over it. I guess the Tiki type wind chime I bought at Disney looked like a bomb. But I packed it in my dirty underwear for packing, so they got to sniff my panties while they were at it. I love it when a plan comes together.

Clearly you don't have any medical issues or very young children for them to hassle. I am fondled EVERY time I fly. Every time. And almost every time there is another granny with a joint replacement getting the same treatment.

YOUR personal anecdotes don't speak for 'everybody' or 'routine.'

Dr. Porkchop is going to be opening up that barrel of flying monkeys! Duck and cover!

Clearly you don't have any medical issues or very young children for them to hassle. I am fondled EVERY time I fly. Every time. And almost every time there is another granny with a joint replacement getting the same treatment.

YOUR personal anecdotes don't speak for 'everybody' or 'routine.'

I haven't made any claims as to what "everyone" experiences, only shared my own experiences. You are the only one who has claimed to speak for "everyone".

I think security personnel at Heathrow carried this a little too far. That tiny toy was obviously harmless, not sure what they expected to accomplish by confiscating it.

Whatever happened the good old carefree days when kids could be kids. I recall playing cops and robbers with toy guns as a kid with no hassles from anyone. Nowadays, if kids in the park attempt to play cops and robbers, some mean spirited person will likely call the cops and spoil the kids fun. Just an example where change is not good.

1017473_10152208911930396_240825243_n.jpg

UK Government logic: confiscate a toy gun the size of its owner's fingernail in the name of combating world terrorism, then grant 'asylum' to about a thousand potential combatants/jihadists the same day. Even the Eastern Europeans - who generally work hard and assimilate - have began to notice the abject absurdity of the decisions made on this island on an almost hourly basis.

Forum List

Back