To Kill A Kid

Trayvon was black, therefore he was automatically at fault. You need to understand how these racist conservatives think!

I can't believe you just said that. Where did Noomi go? Did martians come and steal her body and leave a fake Noomi behind?

Sorry Gracie, I have been trolling a fair bit tonight, which is unlike me.

But my opinion is based on the number of posts which have stated that Trayvon was a thug because he was suspended from school.
I bet that if he was white, the fury would be directed at Zimmerman.

You would lose. Whites don't huddle together and throw all reasoning out the window if another white person get screwed around.

Hey...king...I have to give you credit. You did not bring race into the discussion. Thats a thumbs up to me. A discussion on the merits...even if there is disagreement is a step in the right direction.

I think that most likely Tray approached GZ because he was being followed. I think when he approached, GZ felt threatened by his tone. GZ definitely reached for something on his right side or his pocket...when he did he was charged. That is the nut of the case...this is where the debate of what was lawful and unlawful starts and ends, IMO.

When GZ reached, was trayvon within his right to be defensive. If its okay for GZ to fire a gun in self defense of...would the same be okay for Tray to punch a guy in the nose in his own self defense. If there was a struggle on the ground and GZ is going for a gun on his side, Does tray still have the right in self defense to do anything in his power to prevent he person from grabbing the gun and possibly shooting him? Even if that includes slamming their head into the concrete repeatedly to do so?

Again, have you EVER screamed "HELP!!!!" while you're pulling out a loaded gun?

Just think about that.

All the help you need is in the palm of your hand. Doesn't it make more SENSE that the person having the gun pointed at them would screaming for help?

Just think about that.

Please.

Imagine which makes more common sense.

You're right 25, but I'm skeptical about taking GZ's word that a person who HE says is RUNNING FROM him, all of a sudden, for some UNKNOWN reason, decides to just run TOWARD him to attack him.

I'm just not sure about that.

I can't believe you just said that. Where did Noomi go? Did martians come and steal her body and leave a fake Noomi behind?

Sorry Gracie, I have been trolling a fair bit tonight, which is unlike me.

But my opinion is based on the number of posts which have stated that Trayvon was a thug because he was suspended from school.
I bet that if he was white, the fury would be directed at Zimmerman.

You would lose. Whites don't huddle together and throw all reasoning out the window if another white person get screwed around.

No, but they do if the dead person is white and the shooter is black.

2. Any time a police officer arrives at a scene of homicide, and a person tells them that they have just KILLED AN UNARMED KID with their gun, and the kid was not in the commission of a crime...

The police officer is supposed to take that person into custody. When you have just killed a human bring, a police officer isn't supposed to take chances. They are to HANDCUFF you (as a common sense precautionary measure), read you your rights, and arrest you and take you to Booking.

[...]
That would be true if there is cause to believe the shooting is unlawful or if the shooter is behaving uncooperatively. In this case there was sufficient evidence (indications of battery) to support the shooter's account of what happened and regard him as the victim of a felonious assault.

Under those circumstances the police will impound the shooter's gun and detain him for preliminary investigation by detectives. That's all.

You're right 25, but I'm skeptical about taking GZ's word that a person who HE says is RUNNING FROM him, all of a sudden, for some UNKNOWN reason, decides to just run TOWARD him to attack him.

I'm just not sure about that.

Possible theory - Trayvon saw the gun in Zimmermans hand, realized that if he turned his back and ran, he'd be shot and killed, and decided to run forward, to attack Zimmerman and prevent him from shooting him. His actions may have been to get the gun out of Zimmermans hand, thereby saving his life.

Will you promise not to get mad at me if I share a fact with you?

FACT: A person is of legal adult age in The United States of America and in Florida at the age of 18.

I hope that the fact that TM was NOT AN ADULT doesn't offend you.
I think you're making a bit too much of Martin's age. Some seventeen year old boy's are perfectly capable of administering a serious beating to an older man -- or killing him.

Are seventeen year-old males ever convicted of felonious assault or homicide?

Aren't people supporting GZ even though Martin's dead?

Tm was the kid minding his own business.

GZ was the adult with the gun following him at night against the instructions of the police.

Martin had every right to confront a stalker.

If that stalker made a sudden move (all of this is GZ's story btw), Martin had a right to defend himself from this stalker.

My real question is LCD, plasma, or LED? You are planning on using this case to replace your existing TV set aren't you?

Please give me a link to the "You can't follow me" law.

Its called common sense.

If you follow someone you suspect of committing a crime, you suffer the consequences of that.

So there is no law. Got it.

And if you commit a crime, say beating someone's head on the sidewalk, you can suffer the consequences of that.

Do you know that it is possible to injure yourself to add weight to your claims that you were attacked?

But he WAS doing something wrong! He was black! He was walking while black! His crime was being black, and for that he deserved to be shot and killed!!!:eusa_hand:

According to our conservative friends.

No ma'am. Please try to keep up. He deserved to be shot because he was pounding a man's head into the pavement and, had he continued to do so, he would have killed Mr. Zimmerman.

Is there video footage of Trayvon attacking Zimmerman? Anything other than the say so of the person who shot him?

Didn't think so.

There is a time line established by a phone call and forensic evidence supports Zimmerman's account of the incident.

I don't know about you, but I am influenced by facts, not emotion.

No ma'am. Please try to keep up. He deserved to be shot because he was pounding a man's head into the pavement and, had he continued to do so, he would have killed Mr. Zimmerman.

Is there video footage of Trayvon attacking Zimmerman? Anything other than the say so of the person who shot him?

Didn't think so.

There is a time line established by a phone call and forensic evidence supports Zimmerman's account of the incident.

I don't know about you, but I am influenced by facts, not emotion.

I go with facts, too, and the fact that he was told not to follow is a big one for me.

Its called common sense.

If you follow someone you suspect of committing a crime, you suffer the consequences of that.

So there is no law. Got it.

And if you commit a crime, say beating someone's head on the sidewalk, you can suffer the consequences of that.

Do you know that it is possible to injure yourself to add weight to your claims that you were attacked?

Really? Did he manage to punch himself in the face with Trayvon's fists too?

Forum List

Back