Today's GM Recall Brings The Total Number Of Recalled Cars Above 25 Million

Leno has very few cars at all from the 1970's. He doesn't buy based on rarity or value....he buys based on how they look and if they are iconic (hence the Citroen), a Dodge land yacht is neither iconic nor good looking.

So..... no....

So let's see.....where is his warehouse? Street corners will do.

Checking my GPS, it says the address is 3160 North Damon Way in Burbank. Want to know where he lives too?:eusa_whistle:

Face it douchebag, you're a pathetic liar. Everyone knows it.

Wait a minute, why are you calling onepercenter a liar without knowing what happened?

You weren't there and you DON'T know.

Not saying that the story is true, but without a way to disprove it, I certainly can't call him a liar for it.

Your reason for Leno not owning a 1970 Dodge doesn't hold up - he owned a 1966 Dodge Coronet Hemi, a very similar vehicle.

So let's see.....where is his warehouse? Street corners will do.

Checking my GPS, it says the address is 3160 North Damon Way in Burbank. Want to know where he lives too?:eusa_whistle:

Wait a minute, why are you calling onepercenter a liar without knowing what happened?

Not saying that the story is true, but without a way to disprove it, I certainly can't call him a liar for it.

Your reason for Leno not owning a 1970 Dodge doesn't hold up - he owned a 1966 Dodge Coronet Hemi, a very similar vehicle.

PABLUM! A Hemi Coronet is WORLDS different from any Polara!

Depending on what is under the hood of the Polara AND who the original owner was.

It wasn't a Hemi...could be anything from a slant 6 to a 440, but most likely, a 2bbl 383.

Are you sure? Who was the original owner and was the car built custom by Dodge for him?

What you know about collector cars you could put in a thimble. :badgrin::badgrin:

Depending on what is under the hood of the Polara AND who the original owner was.

Unless it was Steve McQueen, Leno could care less who owned it. Well, if it was Enzo's personal car...he'd care about that too.

It wasn't a Hemi...could be anything from a slant 6 to a 440, but most likely, a 2bbl 383.

Are you sure? Who was the original owner and was the car built custom by Dodge for him?

What you know about collector cars you could put in a thimble. :badgrin::badgrin:

And, once again, Leno doesn't care for land yachts. He never has and probably never will. And, once again, Leno rarely go's to auctions...he certainly wouldn't go to an auction for a Polara....

And, once again, Leno doesn't care for land yachts. He never has and probably never will. And, once again, Leno rarely go's to auctions...he certainly wouldn't go to an auction for a Polara....

I think he was actually there for the steam car.

Unless it was Steve McQueen, Leno could care less who owned it. Well, if it was Enzo's personal car...he'd care about that too.

What about Jack Lord?

Lord never made it to icon status...so no. Jay bought McQueen's motorcycle collection as an example. Also. Lord wasn't known as a car collector. I don't think he ever even owned a Polara. There's no record of him owning one anywhere. In my various magazines I find he owned a 1968 Mercury Parklane Brougham that he used as his "police car" on the show for the duration. He also owned a 1974 Mercury Marquis which he gave to his stunt double.

Not if we are talking about looks, which Westwind indicated was Leno's prime interest in why he likes vehicles.

He's correct about the dodge engines for this car. I don't understand how the cars were world's different, though.

The 70 Polara was a very good car - very fast with a top speed of about 150. That was with the 375 hp 440.

Yes, bwana, I'm sure: the 426 Hemi was not offered in C-bodies! It was a production option in B and E-bodies ONLY, with a few installed in A-bodies for drag racing. Aside from the 340, the rest of the lineup was available (yes, I have seen a slant 6 C-body), but no Hemis.

I'm a lifelong car nut and have forgotten more about 60's cars than you will ever know, kid.

He's correct about the dodge engines for this car. I don't understand how the cars were world's different, though.

The 70 Polara was a very good car - very fast with a top speed of about 150. That was with the 375 hp 440.

A hardtop would have a top end of about 135...a ragtop probably 125-130 due to more drag. The Coronet & Polara are worlds different because one is a muscle car and the other is a 4600+lb, 18+ foot long land yacht!

A hardtop would have a top end of about 135...a ragtop probably 125-130 due to more drag. The Coronet & Polara are worlds different because one is a muscle car and the other is a 4600+lb, 18+ foot long land yacht!

Exactly. Jay likes muscle cars, European sports cars, and iconic cars.

Forum List

Back