Today's GM Recall Brings The Total Number Of Recalled Cars Above 25 Million

For now....

Also loved my 2013, 2011, and 2009.

So great that you dumped them after 2 years? :lol:

I want something that I can expect to manage something like this:
0725091142-00.jpg

The vehicles are owned by a corporation and are on a 24 month lease.

People who get rewarded for driving both GM and Detroit into bankruptcy

The people that assembled vehicles were responsible for driving GM and Detroit into bankruptcy?

Care to elaborate?

How about these leeches for a start? Begun in 1984, these clowns are a good reason why the auto makers were going down the tubes. Now that they have finally been kicked to the curb, maybe the rest have a chance.

"DETROIT -- Perhaps nothing did more to damage the reputation of the UAW -- and the U.S. automakers that employed its members -- than the Jobs Bank, a program that paid excess workers to do nothing all day.

Created in 1984 to deter automakers from downsizing, the Jobs Bank became nationally known as a symbol of Detroit's broken business model and backward thinking. Stories spread about thousands of workers whiling away months of downtime playing checkers, watching movies or even taking naps.

"There is no other business in this country where that would be tolerated," Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., said during the congressional bailout hearings in November 2008.

The UAW agreed to end the Jobs Bank five years ago this month to help General Motors and Chrysler meet the terms of the initial government loans they received before filing for bankruptcy protection."

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140127/OEM/301279990/the-end-of-the-jobs-bank-a-symbol-of-excess

So again, how is this the fault of the men and women that assemble cars?

The big three were designing crap since the early 70's, Reagan failed to do anything with Japans product dumping, and if the UAW's job bank was so bad, why didn't the Reagan administration do anything about it, after all, he did get into the Air Traffic Controllers faces for telling the public that they had to call the local television stations to get accurate weather information.

Also loved my 2013, 2011, and 2009.

So in other words you know nothing about the quality of those vehicles since you replace them every two years.:cuckoo:

Get back to me when you put 2 or 300,000 thousand on em.
The wifes Mercedes went over 500,000 thousand and was still running fine when we got rid of it. The 4Runner is over 250,000 with nothing but routine maintenance.
Only time you see that in a GM is...well never.

The lease was up. The only cars I own are two Tesla's and 30 collector cars.

Are you Jay Leno?

No. He's never owned anything new and nothing that wasn't a POS from the get go. Don't mind him...he's a fruitcake.

I agree i'm smart and never buy new except underwear. I buy junkers for a couple thousand bucks and keep them for another 10 years and never have any trouble with them. That's smart.

I used to be like that. Then, as I got older I discovered that having a nice car was actually.....well........nice!

I made a decision 40 years ago. I don't stay at Motel 6, and I don't drive junkers.

So in other words you know nothing about the quality of those vehicles since you replace them every two years.:cuckoo:

Get back to me when you put 2 or 300,000 thousand on em.
The wifes Mercedes went over 500,000 thousand and was still running fine when we got rid of it. The 4Runner is over 250,000 with nothing but routine maintenance.
Only time you see that in a GM is...well never.

Are you Jay Leno?

I met Jay Leno a few years ago at an auto auction. We were both bidding on a '70 Polara convertible.....I won. He bought me dinner. I had lobster.

Are you Jay Leno?

I met Jay Leno a few years ago at an auto auction. We were both bidding on a '70 Polara convertible.....I won. He bought me dinner. I had lobster.

I know Leno pretty well. He's been trying to buy my Gt40 for at least 20 years now and he never struck me as being a Polara collector.....In fact when I visited his collection (and what a collection it is!) I think he only had one or two 1970's vintage cars, one I know was a 1970 Mazda Cosmo which is a bitchin lookin little car, and the other was a Citroen SM IIRC. I don't remember the year but it was a 1970's car.

That's it. 1970's US cars didn't seem to interest him in the slightest. One other thing, he doesn't bid personally on cars unless it's at a very special auction...and then rarely, he has a proxy bidder do it for him.

He may be at the Littlefield auction coming up next week. I know Jacques had a couple of soft skinned vehicles that Jay fancied, but even that's doubtful.

I agree i'm smart and never buy new except underwear. I buy junkers for a couple thousand bucks and keep them for another 10 years and never have any trouble with them. That's smart.

I used to be like that. Then, as I got older I discovered that having a nice car was actually.....well........nice!

No - you're just an insecure loser who needs a status symbol car to impress other people. Fortunately i'm not like that.

Are you Jay Leno?

I know Leno pretty well. He's been trying to buy my Gt40 for at least 20 years now and he never struck me as being a Polara collector.....In fact when I visited his collection (and what a collection it is!) I think he only had one or two 1970's vintage cars, one I know was a 1970 Mazda Cosmo which is a bitchin lookin little car, and the other was a Citroen SM IIRC. I don't remember the year but it was a 1970's car.

That's it. 1970's US cars didn't seem to interest him in the slightest. One other thing, he doesn't bid personally on cars unless it's at a very special auction...and then rarely, he has a proxy bidder do it for him.

He may be at the Littlefield auction coming up next week. I know Jacques had a couple of soft skinned vehicles that Jay fancied, but even that's doubtful.

I could actually see Leno wanting a 1970 Polara ragtop...it was the last year for them, & only ~840 were built.

No - you're just an insecure loser who needs a status symbol car to impress other people. Fortunately i'm not like that.

Dude...just stop trolling. It long ago stopped being amusing and is not just tiresome.

Sure thing moron! My oldest car is older than YOU! My youngest car now is a 2006. Got anything else stupid to say?

I could actually see Leno wanting a 1970 Polara ragtop...it was the last year for them, & only ~840 were built.

Leno has very few cars at all from the 1970's. He doesn't buy based on rarity or value....he buys based on how they look and if they are iconic (hence the Citroen), a Dodge land yacht is neither iconic nor good looking.

So..... no....

Leno has very few cars at all from the 1970's. He doesn't buy based on rarity or value....he buys based on how they look and if they are iconic (hence the Citroen), a Dodge land yacht is neither iconic nor good looking.

So..... no....

So let's see.....where is his warehouse? Street corners will do.

So..... no....

Checking my GPS, it says the address is 3160 North Damon Way in Burbank. Want to know where he lives too?:eusa_whistle:

Face it douchebag, you're a pathetic liar. Everyone knows it.

So..... no....

Checking my GPS, it says the address is 3160 North Damon Way in Burbank. Want to know where he lives too?:eusa_whistle:

Face it douchebag, you're a pathetic liar. Everyone knows it.

Made ya look! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back