Today's GM Recall Brings The Total Number Of Recalled Cars Above 25 Million

For now....

Also loved my 2013, 2011, and 2009.

So in other words you know nothing about the quality of those vehicles since you replace them every two years.:cuckoo:

Get back to me when you put 2 or 300,000 thousand on em.
The wifes Mercedes went over 500,000 thousand and was still running fine when we got rid of it. The 4Runner is over 250,000 with nothing but routine maintenance.
Only time you see that in a GM is...well never.

I put 250,000 miles on a Chevette! That was maybe the cheapest car made in 1981. During that time I replaced the starter and except for routine maintenance never opened the hood.

I don't know how many miles are on my '79 Chev 3/4 ton. But it's still going strong.

While I'll admit there were plenty of GM crapmobiles there were also plenty of pretty good cars. How many '79 Toyotas are still on the road?

So in other words you know nothing about the quality of those vehicles since you replace them every two years.:cuckoo:

The wifes Mercedes went over 500,000 thousand and was still running fine when we got rid of it. The 4Runner is over 250,000 with nothing but routine maintenance.

I put 250,000 miles on a Chevette! That was maybe the cheapest car made in 1981. During that time I replaced the starter and except for routine maintenance never opened the hood.

I don't know how many miles are on my '79 Chev 3/4 ton. But it's still going strong.

While I'll admit there were plenty of GM crapmobiles there were also plenty of pretty good cars. How many '79 Toyotas are still on the road?

Not gonna argue. Japanese cars win in reliability everytime and thats common knowledge.

The 100 most reliable cars of the last decade (in order)

The lease was up. The only cars I own are two Tesla's and 30 collector cars.

Sure you do.....

Another vote for Toyota. The wife's 4Runner has over 250,000 miles with nothing but routine maintenance. My FJ gets the crap beat out of it off roading and and driving up and down the beach and is still running strong.

My Sienna was involved in a head on collision (we were doing 20, the Impala was doing around 30) after we had had it for two years. The Chevy Impala was totaled...and I mean totaled, it took a month but we are STILL driving the Sienna!

Breaking News! A truck hits a car and the car looses.

I have a '97 H1 (GM) in my collection. I wonder how your Sienna would fare against it?

Ummmmm, the Sienna is a minivan based on the Camry, which is a smaller vehicle than the Impala. Put another way, the curb weight of the Impala is 3600 pounds, give or take, and the Sienna is 4200 pounds, give or take. Mine actually weighs in at 4060 pounds. So we had a 600 pound advantage in weight, but a huge disadvantage in our open body style.

Minivans historically fare poorly in head on crashes because of that design. The Sienna is the exception to the rule.

Meanwhile GM continues to sell cars that do 2-3 times the legal speed max and thereby enable the murder of thousands of innocent americans every year and nobody talks about that. They also install internet access in their cars and cell phones to distract drivers and cause more crashes.

E]

Not gonna argue. Japanese cars win in reliability everytime and thats common knowledge.

Yeah but when a rice burner does need something fixed it costs a fortune. I was in a car shop a few years back and the mechanic was explaining to some jap car owner that fixing the transmission would cost $3000.

Last edited:

I'm a big S10 fan. People laugh at them cause they're so plain-jane, but they're simple and dependable and easy to work on.

My Sienna was involved in a head on collision (we were doing 20, the Impala was doing around 30) after we had had it for two years. The Chevy Impala was totaled...and I mean totaled, it took a month but we are STILL driving the Sienna!

I have a '97 H1 (GM) in my collection. I wonder how your Sienna would fare against it?

Ummmmm, the Sienna is a minivan based on the Camry, which is a smaller vehicle than the Impala. Put another way, the curb weight of the Impala is 3600 pounds, give or take, and the Sienna is 4200 pounds, give or take. Mine actually weighs in at 4060 pounds. So we had a 600 pound advantage in weight, but a huge disadvantage in our open body style.

Minivans historically fare poorly in head on crashes because of that design. The Sienna is the exception to the rule.

The Sienna is an EXTENDED Camry base, which means it's been beefed up, so it has a stronger frame than a car. I'm sure if you went head-on with a Camry there would have been the same outcome.

The Sienna is an EXTENDED Camry base, which means it's been beefed up, so it has a stronger frame than a car. I'm sure if you went head-on with a Camry there would have been the same outcome.

Possibly. All I know is I'm very glad we were in the Sienna and not the other way around.

Meanwhile GM continues to sell cars that do 2-3 times the legal speed max and thereby enable the murder of thousands of innocent americans every year and nobody talks about that. They also install internet access in their cars and cell phones to distract drivers and cause more crashes.

Man you do have a point now and again. Shame you are a freaking nut.

E]

Yeah but when a rice burner does need something fixed it costs a fortune. I was in a car shop a few years back and the mechanic was explaining to some jap car owner that fixing the transmission would cost $3000.

Cant say how much a Toyota transmission repair cost. I haven't had one fail in twenty years.
I can say the replacement of my Ford f150 4x4 King Ranch edition transmission was $3400.00 bucks. After 45'000 miles.....

Cant say how much a Toyota transmission repair cost. I haven't had one fail in twenty years.
I can say the replacement of my Ford f150 4x4 King Ranch edition transmission was $3400.00 bucks. After 45'000 miles.....

HAHAHA You're so dumb you paid $3,400 for just a transmission?? I've owned cars/trucks all my life and the most i ever paid for the whole vehicle was $2000. You got the business sense of a card table.

HAHAHA You're so dumb you paid $3,400 for just a transmission?? I've owned cars/trucks all my life and the most i ever paid for the whole vehicle was $2000. You got the business sense of a card table.

Never owned a 4x4?

E]

Yep. I had a 1994 Ford Thunderbird with the 4.6 liter V-8. The transmission failed after 40,000! miles and the rebuild cost in 1996 was 3,200 bucks. The engine however was bombproof! I put 236,000 miles on that car and it got smoother and smoother. When I first got it the engine turned 2900 rpm to do 90 mph. By the time it had 200,000 on it the engine only had to be turning 2650 rpm to maintain 90 mph. I never had a problem with that engine.

Everything else on the car fell apart, but not that engine! I wish I could have put that in something else!

Never owned a 4x4?

No. He's never owned anything new and nothing that wasn't a POS from the get go. Don't mind him...he's a fruitcake.

Guys, I hate to break it to you, because I know how important it is to hate on an American company and all, but cars today get recalled left and right in order to stay ahead of the curve.

I know that it makes for excellent tabloid fodder, but all car companies IN AMERICA are trying to avoid expensive lawsuits by recalling cars as soon as they find anything at all wrong with them.

I'm so tired of debunking this, especially in light of the fact that absolutely NO ONE will even acknowledge my post, that I'm not posting the links (which I know by heart by now) so that I DON'T ruin everyone's good time!

Please, by all means - keep up with the GM bashing. The bad press absolutely DOES have an affect on the over-all sales.

Next time Obama wants to help a company out - he should say that he H-A-T-E-S it; Republicans will line up to support it!

Carry on....

GM: recalling more than we're selling but it's all free because the government will pay for it all

Forum List

Back