Today's GM Recall Brings The Total Number Of Recalled Cars Above 25 Million

GM IS SETTING HISTORICAL RECALL RECORDS! (sorry for yelling.....)

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT GM IS TRYING TO RUIN AMERICA BY FORCING THE GUB'MENT TO PAY FOR UNNEEDED REPAIRs!!!!!

Setting a record, eh? Boy, don't anyone check to see what the actual figures are....

Last edited:
Ummmmm, the Sienna is a minivan based on the Camry, which is a smaller vehicle than the Impala. Put another way, the curb weight of the Impala is 3600 pounds, give or take, and the Sienna is 4200 pounds, give or take. Mine actually weighs in at 4060 pounds. So we had a 600 pound advantage in weight, but a huge disadvantage in our open body style.

Minivans historically fare poorly in head on crashes because of that design. The Sienna is the exception to the rule.

The Sienna is an EXTENDED Camry base, which means it's been beefed up, so it has a stronger frame than a car. I'm sure if you went head-on with a Camry there would have been the same outcome.

Possibly. All I know is I'm very glad we were in the Sienna and not the other way around.

Generally speaking a truck vs a car, a car won't fare as well.

Yep, my Sienna has had three recalls. Everyone of them was rectified the same day that I went in. One of the recalls took all of 10 minutes. One of them required larger tires and wheels which screwed up our Spikes Spyder snow traction system. Toyota paid 650 bucks for a new compatible set.

Not one of the recalls said "DON'T DRIVE YOUR CAR TO THE DEALERSHIP!":lol:

"Oh dear, if it doesn’t rain for General Motors it pours because even though they have been under huge pressure because of the whole ignition debacle, there is now a new GM recall, well five separate ones in fact. And, to make things worse, one of the recalls that covers three vehicles comes with a very serious Do Not Drive Warning, meaning owners of these affected vehicles have been asked to stop driving them immediately."

New GM recall with do not drive warning | Product Reviews Net

Again, were the autoworkers responsible?

Certainly for some of them. I don't know of too many people who can assemble anything when they are stoned. You?

Best bodyman I ever saw was a stoner...but damn, what a spectacular craftsman! This dude could take flat sheetmetal and MAKE any body panel he needed!

I just took delivery of my 2015 Yukon XL Denali....LOVE IT!

For now....

Also loved my 2013, 2011, and 2009.

So great that you dumped them after 2 years? :lol:

I want something that I can expect to manage something like this:
0725091142-00.jpg

For now....

Also loved my 2013, 2011, and 2009.

So in other words you know nothing about the quality of those vehicles since you replace them every two years.:cuckoo:

Get back to me when you put 2 or 300,000 thousand on em.
The wifes Mercedes went over 500,000 thousand and was still running fine when we got rid of it. The 4Runner is over 250,000 with nothing but routine maintenance.
Only time you see that in a GM is...well never.

Running a Caprice taxi 300,000+ miles was pretty common...I have seen many Astro livery vans (and more than a few fullsize vans) over 300K. I had 240K on my Custom Cruiser when I sold it. Seen over 400K on some GM wreckers.

Last edited:
E]

Not gonna argue. Japanese cars win in reliability everytime and thats common knowledge.

Yeah but when a rice burner does need something fixed it costs a fortune. I was in a car shop a few years back and the mechanic was explaining to some jap car owner that fixing the transmission would cost $3000.

Cant say how much a Toyota transmission repair cost. I haven't had one fail in twenty years.
I can say the replacement of my Ford f150 4x4 King Ranch edition transmission was $3400.00 bucks. After 45'000 miles.....

:eek: Were you dumb enough to go to a dealer?!

Rebuilt trans in my Caprice was $1400...parts & labor, including a Corvette valvebody, deep pan, Kevlar clutches, four gallons of synthetic ATF, adding a trans cooler (which I supplied), and replacing the rear main seal.

Of course...if the PO hadn't towed a 3-ton boat with the car (on a 3500lb hitch...), he might not have cooked the transmission!

Cant say how much a Toyota transmission repair cost. I haven't had one fail in twenty years.
I can say the replacement of my Ford f150 4x4 King Ranch edition transmission was $3400.00 bucks. After 45'000 miles.....

HAHAHA You're so dumb you paid $3,400 for just a transmission?? I've owned cars/trucks all my life and the most i ever paid for the whole vehicle was $2000. You got the business sense of a card table.

Never owned a 4x4?

Goddammit. There is no excuse for paying $3400 for a tranny. 4x4 fi50s are everywhere and you could have gotten a used tranny for $1000.

Last edited:
HAHAHA You're so dumb you paid $3,400 for just a transmission?? I've owned cars/trucks all my life and the most i ever paid for the whole vehicle was $2000. You got the business sense of a card table.

Never owned a 4x4?

No. He's never owned anything new and nothing that wasn't a POS from the get go. Don't mind him...he's a fruitcake.

I agree i'm smart and never buy new except underwear. I buy junkers for a couple thousand bucks and keep them for another 10 years and never have any trouble with them. That's smart.

Who are the auto workers of United Auto Workers?
People who get rewarded for driving both GM and Detroit into bankruptcy

The people that assembled vehicles were responsible for driving GM and Detroit into bankruptcy?

Care to elaborate?

How about these leeches for a start? Begun in 1984, these clowns are a good reason why the auto makers were going down the tubes. Now that they have finally been kicked to the curb, maybe the rest have a chance.

"DETROIT -- Perhaps nothing did more to damage the reputation of the UAW -- and the U.S. automakers that employed its members -- than the Jobs Bank, a program that paid excess workers to do nothing all day.

Created in 1984 to deter automakers from downsizing, the Jobs Bank became nationally known as a symbol of Detroit's broken business model and backward thinking. Stories spread about thousands of workers whiling away months of downtime playing checkers, watching movies or even taking naps.

"There is no other business in this country where that would be tolerated," Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., said during the congressional bailout hearings in November 2008.

The UAW agreed to end the Jobs Bank five years ago this month to help General Motors and Chrysler meet the terms of the initial government loans they received before filing for bankruptcy protection."

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140127/OEM/301279990/the-end-of-the-jobs-bank-a-symbol-of-excess

Again, were the autoworkers responsible?

Certainly for some of them. I don't know of too many people who can assemble anything when they are stoned. You?

Best bodyman I ever saw was a stoner...but damn, what a spectacular craftsman! This dude could take flat sheetmetal and MAKE any body panel he needed!

Yes, I've known some great craftsmen who were stoners. They never imbibed while they were working however.

Never owned a 4x4?

No. He's never owned anything new and nothing that wasn't a POS from the get go. Don't mind him...he's a fruitcake.

I agree i'm smart and never buy new except underwear. I buy junkers for a couple thousand bucks and keep them for another 10 years and never have any trouble with them. That's smart.

I used to be like that. Then, as I got older I discovered that having a nice car was actually.....well........nice!

[Best bodyman I ever saw was a stoner...but damn, what a spectacular craftsman! This dude could take flat sheetmetal and MAKE any body panel he needed!

HAHAHA. Flat sheetmetal and 50 pounds of plastic filler.

No...flat sheetmetal, an English wheel, and an enormous assortment of various hammers, dollies, and other metalworking tools. He could make body lines, compound curves, ribbed panels (like the floor of a pickup bed). He fixed a dent in a VERY tough spot (directly behind the driver's door) on my Cadillac...several other shops had said they either couldn't do it or could only fix it by cutting out the spot & welding in a patch. This dude shrugged & said, "Sure, I can fix it. Do you want me to fill in the trim holes when I do?"

The guy that referred me had a street rod with a damaged fender. He couldn't find a replacement...so this dude MADE one!

Forum List

Back