Tony Blair: We blew it

They had bad intel, but it's not like they attacked Canada.

Iraq was justified for numerous other reasons, and, it the Iraqis had their act together at all, should have ended up much better than under Saddam.

IMO, the mess in Iraq is on them.

Yep, those stupid Iraqis should have known to put someone in charge that had the approval of the US......

handshake300.jpg

:alcoholic:

Yeah tell that to the families of the tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis that were maimed and killed, tell that to the families of the American and British military that were maimed and killed, tell that to all the children that will be forced to pay off the debt created by that war and its after effects.

Iraq was justified for numerous other reasons, and, it the Iraqis had their act together at all, should have ended up much better than under Saddam.

What other reasons justified that carnage, waste of blood & treasure and the destabilization of the Middle East?

1. OK.

2. Don't be an ass. The reasons for the war was debated for months, to the point I stopped watching the news because they were just going in circles. If you don't know them, it's because you don't want to know them, or you are lying. EIther way, don't be an ass.

Yep, those stupid Iraqis should have known to put someone in charge that had the approval of the US......

handshake300.jpg

We were told that the Iraqis were yearning to breath free, they just needed to be gotten out from under Saddam.

That was false intel too.

handshake300.jpg

We were told that the Iraqis were yearning to breath free, they just needed to be gotten out from under Saddam.

Well you and Mac need not worry anymore, you can sleep well tonight. You got your apology.

Eh no, that was just propaganda to sell a war

But they had it coming anyway so don't worry about it.

Do you know that the oppressed Syrians are yearning to be free of Assad btw?

handshake300.jpg

Well you and Mac need not worry anymore, you can sleep well tonight. You got your apology.

An apology is not the issue, the issue is did we learn anything.

From the libs in this thread, it is obvious we did not.

Eh no, that was just propaganda to sell a war

But they had it coming anyway so don't worry about it.

Do you know that the oppressed Syrians are yearning to be free of Assad btw?

THe idea that the Arab Common man was just like US in their desire for Freedom and this and that, was a long standing myth, well before Bush and as you point out, still going strong, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Blaming Bush for it, is like blaming anti-communism on Reagan.

2. Don't be an ass. The reasons for the war was debated for months, to the point I stopped watching the news because they were just going in circles. If you don't know them, it's because you don't want to know them, or you are lying. EIther way, don't be an ass.
Yeah I know the "reasons" for the war were debated for months and I never saw any rational justification come out of it, apparently you didn't either

Yeah I know the "reasons" for the war were debated for months and I never saw any rational justification come out of it, apparently you didn't either

So, if you know them, why did you ask?

And the fact that I don't want to waste my time telling you stuff you already know, and I knew that you knew (btw thanks for not lying about that, like many liberals) does not mean that I disagreed with those reasons.

The Tony Blair Witch Project, no real danger but a lot of camera shaking and someone cowering in fear along with Shrubya, Rummy, Dark Cheney, and Wolf-no-witz. All should be charged with war crimes.

"We should hide behind the chainsaws". "Smart".

THe idea that the Arab Common man was just like US in their desire for Freedom and this and that, was a long standing myth, well before Bush and as you point out, still going strong, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Oh, I don't blame Bu$h, Cheney was in charge after all....

And Obama is to blame for Libya and Syria

The Tony Blair Witch Project, no real danger but a lot of camera shaking and someone cowering in fear along with Shrubya, Rummy, Dark Cheney, and Wolf-no-witz. All should be charged with war crimes.

That was the most objective, rational and well reasoned argument I have ever seen put forth explaining and advocating for the liberal position.

When with Dubya admit he effed the whole thing up?

He did along time ago, don't you read the news?

Edit: just for you....

Interview: Iraq war my biggest regret, Bush admits

""The biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the intelligence failure in Iraq," "I wish the intelligence had been different, I guess.""

Er... a profound regret for the war, or trying to blame others?

He didn't regret taking out Saddam. He didn't regret fucking up the post war period. He didn't regret very much. What he regrets is the intelligence failure. An intelligence failure that he made himself.

I don't see much in the way of what Blair said at all. I don't see him saying he fucked up. He's just passing the buck massively.

Your confusion about the relationship between the President and the Vice-President is of no interest to me and is off topic.

YOu are welcome to go back to my previous post and try posting again.

Who made the decision to not have two people in charge of Iraq and just Bremer in charge? Bush. He didn't seem to consult others. Bremer went to him asking to be in charge, and Bush stunned his staff by doing what Bremer asked. Bush's worst moment in the presidency by far.

That was the most objective, rational and well reasoned argument I have ever seen put forth explaining and advocating for the liberal position.

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz headed for the cemetery and they saw no one they knew.

Forum List

Back