Transgender, Non-Binary, and all the Ridiculousness in Between...

Look at the suicide rates of LGBT individuals... It's not like they are sliding off of rainbows with the intent of spreading their disease. They live and struggle with a difference that they possess that is not yet very socially acceptable, and most suffer greatly. It is a very difficult issue as I understand the "Rights" want to keep it traditional and simple but lets also not confuse the intent of the Left. They aren't trying to confuse or encourage children one way or the other, they are trying to create a more accepting and less intimidating environment for those who are in the LGBT community. I'd hope whether we are right or left we would all be in line with this goal and work together to find the best and most practical solutions.

Many commit suicide because they have other forms of mental illness. Changing sex doesn't deal with those other forms. Some feel like there is something wrong with them. They fixate on gender reassignment thinking that will fix them. It doesn't. That was their last hope.
There she goes again, just making shit up... Why do you feel compelled to contribute to conversations about subjects that you know NOTHING about? You think LGBT people suffer from a mental illness. That disqualifies you from making any credible argument... Just turn off the computer and go watch Golden Girls or something...

If a segment of the population kills themselves at 20 times the normal rate, would you believe there is something wrong with them?

Mark
Only a idiot would jump to that conclusion. Most intelligent people would research and discover it was their environment.

I recently watched a clip of a "non-binary transgender" person coming out to Obama during a press conference and found myself confused (no...not in that way). This really seemed to be looked favorably upon in that setting which I found mystifying. Now, I am a moderate liberal and I'm not against people trying to find out who they are or define themselves. But I've always seen gender as a biological issue...not a cultural issue, not an emotional issue, not any other than what biology you are equipped with. Why, now, are we now taking something that we previously defined biologically (do you have a penis or not), and trying to interpret that through how somebody feels, what they identify (or in this case do not identify) with, or what culture the person happens to be in?

Am I the only crazy person here that thinks that males have penises, females don't and it is as simple as that (except maybe the rare people born with both)? Why have we started asking how people feel to define their gender? I don't understand why it isn't okay for a male (or female) to identify with the opposite gender...but still be a male or female? I mean I really feel as if America nowadays has entered some sort of weird Twilight Zone type of place where fantastical, absurd things are becoming reality.

Just a small rant on what I see as the absurdity of the far left. The video of this person "coming out" to Obama is linked below.

I think people have started asking because obviously the world is not as binary as some would want it to be. Its complex and everchanging with too many variables and dynamics to ever give you comfortable footing due to your brainwashing. For example gender has nothing to do with your plumbing. Its what a person feels.

So, if a transabled person believes they are better off without an arm, should we amputate? Or the bulimic believes they are fat, do we encourage them to diet?

Mark

What does that have to do with the OP?

You said this"

For example gender has nothing to do with your plumbing. Its what a person feels.

So, my question to you is, is that if "feelings" are the litmus test, why aren't we also accommodating these people as well?

Mark

I recently watched a clip of a "non-binary transgender" person coming out to Obama during a press conference and found myself confused (no...not in that way). This really seemed to be looked favorably upon in that setting which I found mystifying. Now, I am a moderate liberal and I'm not against people trying to find out who they are or define themselves. But I've always seen gender as a biological issue...not a cultural issue, not an emotional issue, not any other than what biology you are equipped with. Why, now, are we now taking something that we previously defined biologically (do you have a penis or not), and trying to interpret that through how somebody feels, what they identify (or in this case do not identify) with, or what culture the person happens to be in?

Am I the only crazy person here that thinks that males have penises, females don't and it is as simple as that (except maybe the rare people born with both)? Why have we started asking how people feel to define their gender? I don't understand why it isn't okay for a male (or female) to identify with the opposite gender...but still be a male or female? I mean I really feel as if America nowadays has entered some sort of weird Twilight Zone type of place where fantastical, absurd things are becoming reality.

Just a small rant on what I see as the absurdity of the far left. The video of this person "coming out" to Obama is linked below.

I think people have started asking because obviously the world is not as binary as some would want it to be. Its complex and everchanging with too many variables and dynamics to ever give you comfortable footing due to your brainwashing. For example gender has nothing to do with your plumbing. Its what a person feels.

So, if a transabled person believes they are better off without an arm, should we amputate? Or the bulimic believes they are fat, do we encourage them to diet?

Mark

You said this"

For example gender has nothing to do with your plumbing. Its what a person feels.

So, my question to you is, is that if "feelings" are the litmus test, why aren't we also accommodating these people as well?

Mark

Who said we werent?

Look at the suicide rates of LGBT individuals... It's not like they are sliding off of rainbows with the intent of spreading their disease. They live and struggle with a difference that they possess that is not yet very socially acceptable, and most suffer greatly. It is a very difficult issue as I understand the "Rights" want to keep it traditional and simple but lets also not confuse the intent of the Left. They aren't trying to confuse or encourage children one way or the other, they are trying to create a more accepting and less intimidating environment for those who are in the LGBT community. I'd hope whether we are right or left we would all be in line with this goal and work together to find the best and most practical solutions.

Many commit suicide because they have other forms of mental illness. Changing sex doesn't deal with those other forms. Some feel like there is something wrong with them. They fixate on gender reassignment thinking that will fix them. It doesn't. That was their last hope.
There she goes again, just making shit up... Why do you feel compelled to contribute to conversations about subjects that you know NOTHING about? You think LGBT people suffer from a mental illness. That disqualifies you from making any credible argument... Just turn off the computer and go watch Golden Girls or something...

If a segment of the population kills themselves at 20 times the normal rate, would you believe there is something wrong with them?

Mark
Only a idiot would jump to that conclusion. Most intelligent people would research and discover it was their environment.

Well, I did the research. Sweden has been very accepting of transsexuals for decades, and guess what? They still kill themselves in record numbers. And even worse? If they go thru with gender surgery, they kill themselves even more.

Mark

Mark

You said this"

Mark

Who said we werent?

We are cutting off arms, and telling bulimics they are fat?

Mark

Mark

You said this"

Mark
Who said we werent?

Mark
I have no idea what you are doing. You still havent explained what this has to do with someone feeling like they are not the gender their physical makeup would suggest.

Mark

Well, I did the research. Sweden has been very accepting of transsexuals for decades, and guess what? They still kill themselves in record numbers. And even worse? If they go thru with gender surgery, they kill themselves even more.

Mark
Evidently you didnt do your research well enough. Your basically just guessing. You have no way of proving that transsexuals in Sweden are free from rejection and harrassment.

Mark

You said this"

Mark
Who said we werent?

Mark
I have no idea what you are doing. You still havent explained what this has to do with someone feeling like they are not the gender their physical makeup would suggest.

You said that its "what a person feels". Do you believe the same way when it comes to transabled or bulimia?

Mark

Mark

Mark
Evidently you didnt do your research well enough. Your basically just guessing. You have no way of proving that transsexuals in Sweden are free from rejection and harrassment.

Hmm. OK, then it is up to you to prove me wrong.

Mark

You said this"

Mark
Who said we werent?

Mark

You said that its "what a person feels". Do you believe the same way when it comes to transabled or bulimia?

Mark
Why would I feel the same way about those two subjects if they are different from determining gender identity? Dont get caught up in false equivalence. It lets me know you dont think deeply or logically.

Mark

Mark

Mark
Not really. Its up to you to prove your conclusion based on a guess is accurate.

That's over simplified generalization. How many transpeople do you actually know?

You said this"

Mark
Who said we werent?

Mark

Mark
Why would I feel the same way about those two subjects if they are different from determining gender identity? Dont get caught up in false equivalence. It lets me know you dont think deeply or logically.

So then, let me ask you a question. Do you think a transabled person should have an arm removed if he "feels" that it should not be a part of his body, or that a bulimic should be told to diet even more?

Mark

Mark

Mark

Mark
Not really. Its up to you to prove your conclusion based on a guess is accurate.

My facts are not a guess. We can however "guess" whether acceptance is the cure for what ails the transsexual community.

And it looks like the answer is "no".

He looks rode hard and put away wet, doesn't he? Other than that, who in the UK cares what the fuck he's doing in the US?
And what normal, red-blooded guy would want a fat-assed skank like that, anyhow? Oh, wait, has anyone noticed how butt-ugly lesbians are?...
As ugly as most heterosexual women...

Gender is not the same thing as biological sex i.e. Male, female, or hermaphodite. Gender is how one identifies psychologically, not physically.

It's hard for normal people to understand because we identify as our biological sex, but try to imagine that you feel like you do, either male or female- whatever you are, but your body is that of the other sex. How weird, and fucked up, and crazy would that be? It's so powerful a feeling for these people that they have surgeries and take pills to try and match their bodies to their brains.

It's like God put their souls in the wrong body.

There is more to the world and the human condition than any one person can experience and understand. If you can't accept someone for who they are, just try your best to live and let live.

There is nothing wrong with live and let live. However the current kerfluffle isn't about that, its about forcing everyone around you get on the same train you are on, and woe to anyone who doesn't want to go along for the ride.

So now you are ghey, ok..

Mark

Mark

My facts are not a guess. We can however "guess" whether acceptance is the cure for what ails the transsexual community.

Killing, beating, bullying has never worked...

Who said we werent?

Mark

Mark

So then, let me ask you a question. Do you think a transabled person should have an arm removed if he "feels" that it should not be a part of his body, or that a bulimic should be told to diet even more?

Mark
I dont care if someone has an arm removed. Thats their choice. Yes a bulimic should be told to diet. It would beat starving themselves and it would make them gain weight. However if you really want to fix the issue you need to change the way society views, comments on, and idolizes women that look more like preteen boys with breast implants.

Mark

Mark

Its not a fact Sweden is very accepting of transsexuals. Its your guess based on what someone told you without verifying it with every person in Sweden.

Forum List

Back