Trayvon Martin And The Right To Be Left Alone...

Amazing, isn't it?

Some think being followed, watched...is an 'encroachment' in a public place...

And those that think it so will defend 'peeping toms' in windows in a private residence where the perp is now tresspassing.

Odd...no?

No, but stopping an individual walking can be an encroachment. See OWS protesters arrested.
NO One is talking OWS in this case.

YOU presume CUMQUATS when WE are speaking apples.

Are you trying to spell KUMQUATS? In any event, watching someone walk isn't an encroachment in most instances, pulling a gun on them is, and standing in their way may be.

'CONTEXT' is everything...just NOT the way YOU mean it.

Context shows your a fucking liar.
Context IS beyond YOUR understanding.

*Deal with it*
icon14.gif

You're still the one who is clearly a liar. Deal with it. What a pathetic coward you are.

No, but stopping an individual walking can be an encroachment. See OWS protesters arrested.

Are you trying to spell KUMQUATS? In any event, watching someone walk isn't an encroachment in most instances, pulling a gun on them is, and standing in their way may be.

In what case would watching a person walk be an encroachment ?

Yelling threats, pulling a weapon, telling someone by cell phone their location... I can see a FEW possible scenarios.

So yopu've turned into the spelling police as YOU got the meaning?

Congratulations.

*Fail*

Yelling threats, pulling a weapon, telling someone by cell phone their location... I can see a FEW possible scenarios.

no---just watching someone walk. Quit changing the question.

Congratulations.

*Fail*
CRASH & BURN T. :lol:

Congratulations.

*Fail*

You're still a piece of trash liar.

For what purpose? Describing vague events isn't changing a question, if you meant "just watching, nothing more", I see no encroachment. But following and watching OVER A LONG PERIOD of time MIGHT be termed stalking.

Congratulations.

*Fail*

And YOU are STILL an unthinking MORON bound by convention...AFARAID to think outside the BOX, and what YOU are told to do by your masters.

*True Story*
icon14.gif

Interesting take from Mark Judge.

I’ve never been able to get over the crucial minutes of George Zimmerman’s encounter with Trayvon Martin. I’m not talking about the initial struggle, or even the fatal shooting. That’s where most of the media coverage has been, and for good reason. A life has been lost and it’s important to figure out exactly what happened.

I just have never been able to answer a basic question: Why was Zimmerman bothering Martin to begin with?

For me, the Trayvon Martin case is about something that is fundamental to America: the ability to go out and take a walk or pick up some junk food without being hassled. I’m aware that “hassle” is a term straight out of 1973, and maybe that’s deliberate. When I was growing up in Maryland in the 1970s, my mom had a term for people in the neighborhood who made it their job to mind everything that went on there: the sidewalk superintendent.

Sidewalk superintendents were mostly decent people just trying to protect the neighborhood. Bill Bennett once noted that in the old days the neighborhood watch consisted of mothers on their front porches who could spring into action when they saw something amiss. Such people are an important part of creating a safe and thriving community. Indeed, George Zimmerman had foiled at least one robbery in Twin Lakes, the crime-ridden complex in Florida where the shooting took place.

Trayvon Martin was not one of these; he was a teenage kid. But he was exercising his right to take a nocturnal sojourn and enter a quiet space where the world did not intrude. It set my conservative (even libertarian-leaning) alarm off when I heard the 911 tape where Zimmerman tells police that Trayvon Martin looks like he “is up to no good.” It was just too reminiscent of some sidewalk superintendents I knew as a kid. They were the guys who appeared the second you lit some firecrackers or killed a tick with a magnifying glass...

Read more: Trayvon Martin | Trayvon Martin and the right to be left alone | The Daily Caller

According to Republicans on the USMB, blacks can't go "walking" without being suspicious. They just naturally look suspicious.

And once one is walking the individual loses all rights under the Constitution!:lol:

Only if you're black. Because you look "suspicious".

I followed your "logic" that there is no right to be secure in one's person in public!:lol:
I do not know who initiated that confrontation between Martin & Zimmerman, AND, I'm a CENTRIST. :D

I think if you start with "who chased who" and you can get a pretty clear picture. It's a rule of thumb, when someone is running AWAY from someone else, they don't want to fight. Hope that helped.

And YOU are STILL an unthinking MORON bound by convention...AFARAID to think outside the BOX, and what YOU are told to do by your masters.

*True Story*
icon14.gif

My masters? Paranoia strikes deep....................................:lol:
And parinoia is related to true observation? Really?

I could place YOU in the same camp and not break a sweat.

For what purpose? Describing vague events isn't changing a question, if you meant "just watching, nothing more", I see no encroachment. But following and watching OVER A LONG PERIOD of time MIGHT be termed stalking.

Since Zimmerman wasn't even charged with stalking I guess we can rule that out.

Just 2nd degree murder that Angela Corey is going to have a hard time defending...

He has yet to be charged with any crime; it does appear he followed the victim for a long period, no.

He has yet to be charged with any crime; it does appear he followed the victim for a long period, no.

No..

Other accounts have trayvon coming up from behind after zimmerman was headed to his car.

And following an unknown person in a Gated Community is "Staliking" now?

*Do Tell*?

Anyway back to the OP

I just have never been able to answer a basic question: Why was Zimmerman bothering Martin to begin with?

For me, the Trayvon Martin case is about something that is fundamental to America: the ability to go out and take a walk or pick up some junk food without being hassled.

It's simply a fantasy to walk in a public place and expect that everyone else in the world will give you whatever space you need so you don't feel "hassled". Unrealistic expectations lead to disappointment.

Forum List

Back