Trayvon Martin And The Right To Be Left Alone...

Why do the republicans always have to side with the alleged "authority?"

As a conservative libertarian I'm capable of seeing and realizing what is right and what is wrong... Of course republicans always take the side of the cops or the neighborhood wanna b cop...

Zimmerman murdered Martin - It's that simple...

You don't shoot people because they punched you or slammed your head...

In this case the State Attorney is the enemy to some conservatives.........................:eusa_shhh:

explain....are you saying we hope that Zimmerman is in the right?

Of course we do. Dont you?

I mean...look at it this way....if Zimmerman is guilty, he will be going away for the rest of his life....well...20 years...his family will be devastated.....and Treyvon will be an innocent child who was murdered for absolutely no reason.

If he is found not guilty, Zimmerman moves on and Treyvon is still dead...but with the likelihood that he was up to no good...not some innocent child.

Given a choice?

I am hoping the result is the latter.

Why wouldnt you?

Do you really prefer the outcome being that an innocent child lost his life for no reason?

Why do the republicans always have to side with the alleged "authority?"

As a conservative libertarian I'm capable of seeing and realizing what is right and what is wrong... Of course republicans always take the side of the cops or the neighborhood wanna b cop...

Zimmerman murdered Martin - It's that simple...

You don't shoot people because they punched you or slammed your head...

In this case the State Attorney is the enemy to some conservatives.........................:eusa_shhh:

I mean...look at it this way....if Zimmerman is guilty, he will be going away for the rest of his life....well...20 years...his family will be devastated.....and Treyvon will be an innocent child who was murdered for absolutely no reason.

If he is found not guilty, Zimmerman moves on and Treyvon is still dead...but with the likelihood that he was up to no good...not some innocent child.

Given a choice?

Why wouldnt you?

Do you really prefer the outcome being that an innocent child lost his life for no reason?

My preference matters not, only the evidence, and a fair trial.

Interesting take from Mark Judge.

I’ve never been able to get over the crucial minutes of George Zimmerman’s encounter with Trayvon Martin. I’m not talking about the initial struggle, or even the fatal shooting. That’s where most of the media coverage has been, and for good reason. A life has been lost and it’s important to figure out exactly what happened.

I just have never been able to answer a basic question: Why was Zimmerman bothering Martin to begin with?

For me, the Trayvon Martin case is about something that is fundamental to America: the ability to go out and take a walk or pick up some junk food without being hassled. I’m aware that “hassle” is a term straight out of 1973, and maybe that’s deliberate. When I was growing up in Maryland in the 1970s, my mom had a term for people in the neighborhood who made it their job to mind everything that went on there: the sidewalk superintendent.

Sidewalk superintendents were mostly decent people just trying to protect the neighborhood. Bill Bennett once noted that in the old days the neighborhood watch consisted of mothers on their front porches who could spring into action when they saw something amiss. Such people are an important part of creating a safe and thriving community. Indeed, George Zimmerman had foiled at least one robbery in Twin Lakes, the crime-ridden complex in Florida where the shooting took place.

Trayvon Martin was not one of these; he was a teenage kid. But he was exercising his right to take a nocturnal sojourn and enter a quiet space where the world did not intrude. It set my conservative (even libertarian-leaning) alarm off when I heard the 911 tape where Zimmerman tells police that Trayvon Martin looks like he “is up to no good.” It was just too reminiscent of some sidewalk superintendents I knew as a kid. They were the guys who appeared the second you lit some firecrackers or killed a tick with a magnifying glass...

Read more: Trayvon Martin | Trayvon Martin and the right to be left alone | The Daily Caller

I totally agree...

Zimmerman was playing "mr. neighborhood cop" trying to be a hero. No question in my mind that Zimmerman was waiting for the day he could have used his gun "in the line of duty."

Zimmermans actions weren't racially motivated - he would have shot anyone who dare get into a physical altercation with him...

Zimmerman is an authoritarian freak who misguidedly believed he had the right to question Martin and I cannot blame Martin for telling Zimmerman to "fuck off" and when Zimmerman didn't leave him alone Martin attacked him..

I would have done the same thing if I was in Martins shoes and some weird guy was following me asking me questions for no apparent reason...

It is always good to be vigilant but not aggressive...

My sentiments exactly.

:badgrin: I called you on your bullshit & you moved the goal-post & changed the situation. :cuckoo:

What universe do you live in???

I didn't move any goalposts

Zimmerman went after Martin because "he looked suspicious."

Martin didn't go after Zimmerman (initially)...

Zimmerman was out looking for trouble like the authoritarian nut that he is...

Your changed your statement of "some weird guy was following me asking me questions for no apparent reason". :redface: - TO - "threatening manner... An individual touching you in an unwanted manner is enough for a beating... and you got aggressive with me" :cuckoo: because I called you on your bullshit.

I didn't change anything...........

If I was walking down a street and some weird dude was following me and asking me questions then IMPEDED ME (in any way shape or form) I would beat his ass down..

It is really that simple...

If you were following me and asking me questions on the street I would tell you to fuck off and if you didn't I would beat your ass to a bloody pulp...

You don't have the right to harass people for no reason.

There is nothing wrong with being vigilant, however if you see a "suspicious person" call the cops - dont go harassing innocent people...

This should be simple logic...

866small.png

You stupid losers made this cartoon reversing the side of the screaming irate racist. Yes you screaming irate racist marching in the streets. You racist thugs can't accept the facts. You have to keep on making shit up like "fucking coons".

I had no part in making this excellent cartoon. You stupid RACIST trash had more to do with it than I did.

Zimmerman is guilty of murder and this is coming from a conservative Libertarian...

Zimmerman didn't have to shoot Martin, hell Zimmerman didn't have to confront Martin..

This incident was completely unnecessary and it was Zimmermans actions that made this event occur..

Martin wasn't doing anything wrong.... Martin was just walking down the street for god sakes..

Given a choice?

Why wouldnt you?

yeah...I know...I get it.

I did not ask if your preference will matter as it pertains to the trial.

I asked if you presonally prefer it to be one outcome over another...after all of the evidence is reviewed and a fair and accurate jury decision?

To say no is disingenuous. Everyone anticipates an ending.

Me? I am 100% hoping that the fair trial results in a not guilty find. T%he thought of an innocent child losing his life for no reason sickens me.

Zimmerman is guilty of murder and this is coming from a conservative Libertarian...

Zimmerman didn't have to shoot Martin,

We dont know yet. How do you know?

hell Zimmerman didn't have to confront Martin..

We dont know that he did. How do you know?

This incident was completely unnecessary and it was Zimmermans actions that made this event occur..

Yes, his actions initiated it. No one denies that. However, his actions of "stalking" may have given Treyvon a reason to confront HIM. That changes everything. We dont know. How do you know for sure?

Martin wasn't doing anything wrong....

We dont know if he was or wasnt. How do you know?

Martin was just walking down the street for god sakes..

We dont know that for sure yet. How do you know for sure?

Are you aware that whereas your assumptions all may be correct...they are nothing but assumptions? The only fact yoiu satted is that Zimmerman shot Martin. But no one denies that.

Zimmerman didn't have to shoot Martin, hell Zimmerman didn't have to confront Martin..

Martin wasn't doing anything wrong.... Martin was just walking down the street for god sakes..

A positive rep for honesty.

Given a choice?

Why wouldnt you?

I asked if you presonally prefer it to be one outcome over another...after all of the evidence is reviewed and a fair and accurate jury decision?

Me? I am 100% hoping that the fair trial results in a not guilty find. T%he thought of an innocent child losing his life for no reason sickens me.

There is not enough evidence (as far as what has been released) to find Zimmerman guilty.

I suppose the real question in this case will be - does getting your ass kicked justify murdering someone?

If I confronted someone and they beat my ass I certainly wouldn't shoot them - but that is just my morals speaking. Besides I would never confront another individual but those are my morals speaking again..

If Martin had not attacked Zimmerman he would be alive today.

A positive rep for honesty.

Thanks, I've been flogged all day by those who usually agree with me on other issues.

This is generally how it works being a libertarian and a free thinker.

70446.jpg

If Martin had not attacked Zimmerman he would be alive today.

Had Zimmerman not stalked and harassed Martin Zimmerman wouldn't be facing 2nd degree murder charges and Martin would be alive today...

What universe do you live in???

I didn't move any goalposts

Zimmerman went after Martin because "he looked suspicious."

Martin didn't go after Zimmerman (initially)...

Zimmerman was out looking for trouble like the authoritarian nut that he is...

Your changed your statement of "some weird guy was following me asking me questions for no apparent reason". :redface: - TO - "threatening manner... An individual touching you in an unwanted manner is enough for a beating... and you got aggressive with me" :cuckoo: because I called you on your bullshit.

I didn't change anything...........

If I was walking down a street and some weird dude was following me and asking me questions then IMPEDED ME (in any way shape or form) I would beat his ass down..

It is really that simple...

If you were following me and asking me questions on the street I would tell you to fuck off and if you didn't I would beat your ass to a bloody pulp...

You don't have the right to harass people for no reason.

There is nothing wrong with being vigilant, however if you see a "suspicious person" call the cops - dont go harassing innocent people...

This should be simple logic...

LOL< "you would beat someone's ass to a bloody pulp".

There is not enough evidence (as far as what has been released) to find Zimmerman guilty.

I suppose the real question in this case will be - does getting your ass kicked justify murdering someone?

If I confronted someone and they beat my ass I certainly wouldn't shoot them - but that is just my morals speaking. Besides I would never confront another individual but those are my morals speaking again..

LOL, you sure don't have any morals about flinging bullshit, Nick.

Last edited:

If a person fitting my description had been snatching purses or stealing hubcabs or holding up people at knifepoint and taking their valuables or any number of other incidents in a particular area. . . . .

. . . .and if I decided to take a stroll in the cold rain through that same neighborhood one night. . . .

I wouldn't be doing a single thing wrong and I would be guilty of nothing and certainly would not deserve being targeted for questioning or surveillance or restraint.

And you and/or anybody else who was civic minded and doing what every responsible citizen does would have every justification to consider me a suspicious person. And every justification to call the police's attention to my presence. And every justification to keep me in sight until the police could arrive.

You do not know that Zimmerman confronted Martin that night. You do not know which was the aggressor. And to try and convict Zimmerman without knowing that is wrong. And to try to make Martin into some kind of dubious character in an effort to increase justification for shooting him is also wrong.

We need to stop destroying people for sport.

Yes, his actions initiated it. No one denies that. However, his actions of "stalking" may have given Treyvon a reason to confront HIM. That changes everything. We dont know. How do you know for sure?

Are you aware that whereas your assumptions all may be correct...they are nothing but assumptions? The only fact yoiu satted is that Zimmerman shot Martin. But no one denies that.

I understand...

But in what universe did Zimmerman have the right to pursue Martin and why??

The 911 operator told Zimmerman to back off - which he obviously didn't...

The recent 911 tapes sound like Zimmerman was hunting Martin.

Zimmerman never said Martin was doing anything wrong - all he said was "he looked suspicious."

Do you go around shooting "suspicious looking people?"

zimmerman is guilty of murder and this is coming from a conservative libertarian...

Zimmerman didn't have to shoot martin,

we dont know yet. How do you know?

hell zimmerman didn't have to confront martin..

we dont know that he did. How do you know?

this incident was completely unnecessary and it was zimmermans actions that made this event occur..

yes, his actions initiated it. No one denies that. However, his actions of "stalking" may have given treyvon a reason to confront him. That changes everything. We dont know. How do you know for sure?

martin wasn't doing anything wrong....

we dont know if he was or wasnt. How do you know?

martin was just walking down the street for god sakes..

we dont know that for sure yet. How do you know for sure?

are you aware that whereas your assumptions all may be correct...they are nothing but assumptions? The only fact yoiu satted is that zimmerman shot martin. But no one denies that.

i understand...

But in what universe did zimmerman have the right to pursue martin and why??

The 911 operator told zimmerman to back off - which he obviously didn't...

The recent 911 tapes sound like zimmerman was hunting martin.

Zimmerman never said martin was doing anything wrong - all he said was "he looked suspicious."

do you go around shooting "suspicious looking people?"

your arguments are pretty damn weak.

If a person fitting my description had been snatching purses or stealing hubcabs or holding up people at knifepoint and taking their valuables or any number of other incidents in a particular area. . . . .

. . . .and if I decided to take a stroll in the cold rain through that same neighborhood one night. . . .

I wouldn't be doing a single thing wrong and I would be guilty of nothing and certainly would not deserve being targeted for questioning or surveillance or restraint.

And you and/or anybody else who was civic minded and doing what every responsible citizen does would have every justification to consider me a suspicious person. And every justification to call the police's attention to my presence. And every justification to keep me in sight until the police could arrive.

You do not know that Zimmerman confronted Martin that night. You do not know which was the aggressor. And to try and convict Zimmerman without knowing that is wrong. And to try to make Martin into some kind of dubious character in an effort to increase justification for shooting him is also wrong.

We need to stop destroying people for sport.

Zimmerman only called the cops to report Martin as a "suspicious person" and their was an obvious confrontation because Martin is dead....

There are lengthy 911 tapes as well..

So I do know something...

I understand...

Zimmerman never said Martin was doing anything wrong - all he said was "he looked suspicious."

First off, I see you edited your post where you said "you would beat a guy's ass to a bloody pulp".

Second, you have been contradicting yourself, Nick.

Third, at this point in time it appears that Zimmerman did back off and that Martin attacked him.

Overall, things will become much more clear when ALL of the evidence is presented in court. There may well be a plea to something like "Reckless Endangerment". I don't know...what I do know is that if a guy was on top of me pounding the back of my head into the ground I would have been in fear for my life.

Last edited:

I understand...

We dont know that he did. He claims to have not. His voice on the tape sounded as if he stoipped running/walking fast

Not "obviuously didnt". He claims to have stopped. Wait for proof that he didnt. None has been presented yet.

No they didnt. They sounded like an overzealous community watchman.

So? He claims Martin came after him. No proof one way or another to make any judgement call yet.

You are still using pure assumptions to make your case.

I get it. If your assumptions are correct, Zimmerman should rot in hell.

But there has yet to be any evidence presented to the public that proves those assumptions correct.

Forum List

Back