Trayvon Martin's parents settle for $1M or more

Die what way dearheart? Not sure what you hear down under these days. Normally I get my news from your part of the world India times. seems fair enough.

Oh, I see. So you are going to be ignorant and pretend you don't know how he died. Good luck with that.

He died acting like the punk little POS that he was...

Wearing a hood in the rain, and getting Skittles and an Iced Tea at the 7-11....guilty guilty guilty!

They should have had to pay the Zimmermans for a box of ammo.

It was all about money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard they would have raised him to be something more that a doper thug.

Wow... it took two fucking replies.

TWO FUCKING REPLIES for one of you assholes to step EVEN LOWER by saying the life of their child is worth less than money.
with over 50 million abortions whats one more ??

Here comes the Abortion Card.

The thug attacked Zimmerman. Why does the home owner assc need to pay?

Lies and sissy chatter. Zimmerman "stalked", and later murdered Martin, after being told by a 911 operator to "cease and desist". It will all be revealed in the upcoming trial, so STFU.

You're such a slimy liar it's unreal.

The transcript is out there. The 911 operator told him he didn't need to continue following Martin and the conversation continued over where he should meet the police.

Looks like Trayvon's parents and Zimmerman's associates are finally talking the same language: money.

------------------------------------------------

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim | Fox News

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim

Published April 05, 2013
FoxNews.com

Trayvon Martin's parents have settled a wrongful death claim for an amount believed to be more than $1 million against a Florida homeowners association where their teen son was killed, Fox News confirms.

Trayvon was shot and killed by Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman says he fired in self defense after the 17-year-old attacked him.

In paperwork made public, both parties specified that they would keep the settlement amount confidential, The Orlando Sentinel reported.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara said the teen’s parents tried to settle through mediation and the association had offered $1 million, but they had reportedly rejected this amount, OrlandoSentinel.com reported.

“It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties,” the settlement said.

Unless they pierced the corporate veil making the individuals on the board responsible for the damags, if the HOA doesn't have it they will get nothing. And my understanding is that they didn't have liability insurance. In any case, if they do get it, given the class they are, they will spend like it is a hundred million and it will be gone in 6 months.

How is that relevent to whether Zimmerman shot the kid or not?

The fact that Martin had no Gun Shot Residue on him proves that he was at some distance from Zimmerman and Zimmerman's story they were struggling for the gun is debunked.

The fact the Home Owners' Association didn't fight this in court shows they knew they didn't have a leg to stand on. They let a ticking time bomb patrol their neighborhood and they got the expected result.

You have never done Neighborhood Watch have you?

I headed up a troop at a place called Fowler Drive in Mississauga. I had a ......lovingly called a garlic crusher in my right boot at all times. Big stick with metal and small nails at the end.
Worked for me at the time.

Now to your bullshit. Man oh man you need a front end loader when you walk in the room at USMB.

Zimmerman pegged that the kid was scoping the neighborhood.

You mean he saw a black kid in his nice white neighborhood and he wasn't going to put up with that shit?

Your boy is going down. He's going to spend the rest of his life in prison... which will be short.

Mixed gated community. Too bad, so sad. Your lies aren't sticking.

I don't know where you are getting that from. Can you explain how they are even implying that? You think the $1M+ is going to bring Trayvon back?

Optics. I'm screaming here even though I hate them. I can't believe their people let them do this.

The little I know about wrongful death civil suits is that there is usually a 'pain and suffering' component and then there is the 'lost wages/earnings' component. Since Trayvon was not a parent or breadwinner, I don't know why the figures were so high. I think the police department was more negligible than the Condo Association. Wasn't there a long delay before Trayvon's parents were notified?

His father comes home from work to find his son, who has been suspended from school is not there and he "assumes" the kid is spending the night at a friends house. You and I both know that any responsible parent would have been on the phone to all his friends to find out where the hell he was and when not able to find him, would have called the cops himself.

I do not understand irresponsible parents. If you don't want to be responsible for your kids, don't have them.

Optics. I'm screaming here even though I hate them. I can't believe their people let them do this.

The little I know about wrongful death civil suits is that there is usually a 'pain and suffering' component and then there is the 'lost wages/earnings' component. Since Trayvon was not a parent or breadwinner, I don't know why the figures were so high. I think the police department was more negligible than the Condo Association. Wasn't there a long delay before Trayvon's parents were notified?

His father comes home from work to find his son, who has been suspended from school is not there and he "assumes" the kid is spending the night at a friends house. You and I both know that any responsible parent would have been on the phone to all his friends to find out where the hell he was and when not able to find him, would have called the cops himself.

I do not understand irresponsible parents. If you don't want to be responsible for your kids, don't have them.

They didn't want to be responsible for him and they don't have him.

You have never done Neighborhood Watch have you?

I headed up a troop at a place called Fowler Drive in Mississauga. I had a ......lovingly called a garlic crusher in my right boot at all times. Big stick with metal and small nails at the end.
Worked for me at the time.

Now to your bullshit. Man oh man you need a front end loader when you walk in the room at USMB.

Zimmerman pegged that the kid was scoping the neighborhood.

You mean he saw a black kid in his nice white neighborhood and he wasn't going to put up with that shit?

Your boy is going down. He's going to spend the rest of his life in prison... which will be short.

Mixed gated community. Too bad, so sad. Your lies aren't sticking.

He doesn't know much about prisons either.

Yea....it was always about money

That is why the sent him to 7-11 to buy Skittles. It was all a scam

He had the munchies. There is a video out there of him at the store. And he's got weed in his system.

The haul of evidence released by state attorney Angela Corey’s office over the last two days includes a toxicology report that showed Martin had traces of marijuana in his system, medical records confirming bloody injuries to Zimmerman’s head, and testimony by Martin’s father that it was not his son’s voice heard on 911 recordings crying for help.

Notice how the prosecution is downplaying the dope in his system. Notice how the prosecutinon won't release jack shit despite the rules telling them that they have to give their evidence to the defense?

Are you serious?

A Reefer Madness defense? The rightwing villainizes the poor kid for smoking some weed? The same drug that is legal in some states

Are you freaking kidding me?

No reefer madness defense. But it just adds to the narrative that we aren't talking about
Saint Trayvon the eight year old.

They should have had to pay the Zimmermans for a box of ammo.

It was all about money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard they would have raised him to be something more that a doper thug.

Wow... it took two fucking replies.

TWO FUCKING REPLIES for one of you assholes to step EVEN LOWER by saying the life of their child is worth less than money.

He wasn't a "child." He was a 17-year-old thug. His life is worth less than zero to me.

But they did get a load of cash from his death.

Didn't they try to trademark "justice for trayvon"? I've got to google that. You sure as hell can tell they are getting advice from Uncle Al.

Yeah they are trying to make more money off of Trayvon. Not a class act.

Trayvon Martin’s family looks to trademark ‘I am Trayvon,’ ‘Justice for Trayvon’
Part of channel(s): Shooting of Trayvon Martin (current event)

Trayvon Martin's mother Sybrina Fulton is seeking to trademark phrases with her son's name.

According to applications filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark
Office by the family's attorney last week, Fulton wants to trademark "I am Trayvon" and "Justice for Trayvon" for use in DVDs and CDs memorializing the slain teenager.[Related: Shooting puts Wisconsin's 'castle' law under scrutiny]

In the wake of the news that her son had been suspended from school
after traces of marijuana were found in his book bag, Fulton said Monday
that those leaking information were trying to blame the victim. "They killed my son, and now they are trying to kill his reputation," Fulton said.
Fulton's trademark application could be fuel for critics who contend Martin's parents—and civil rights activists like Rev. Al Sharpton—are trying to capitalize on the killing for personal or financial gain.

LiveLeak.com - Trayvon Martin?s family looks to trademark ?I am Trayvon,? ?Justice for Trayvon?

Didn't they try to trademark "justice for trayvon"? I've got to google that. You sure as hell can tell they are getting advice from Uncle Al.

They trade marked "I am Trayvon", I don't know about the other. It's all about making as much money off of their son's death as possible. They got the trademark practically before he was cold. I would be ashamed to be associated with those people. If any of my relatives did such a thing, I'd write them off. And yes, I have black and white and asian relatives.

This whole case is such a mess.

When it does come to trial, can you imagine the moment when the Defense calls NBC executives and asks them to explain their motive to make Zimmerman appear to be a racist.

That moment is going to be gold.

How is that relevent to whether Zimmerman shot the kid or not?

Who has ever claimed Zimmerman didn't shoot Martin?

The fact that Martin had no Gun Shot Residue on him proves that he was at some distance from Zimmerman and Zimmerman's story they were struggling for the gun is debunked.

When did anyone say Martin had no gun shot residue on him?

The fact the Home Owners' Association didn't fight this in court shows they knew they didn't have a leg to stand on.

It shows nothing of the sort. Insurance companies settle all the time even when they believe the case is without merit.

They let a ticking time bomb patrol their neighborhood and they got the expected result.

Your record for being wrong is perfect.

Your record of being wrong is still perfect.

Sure looks like they'll be taking their "loss" to the bank, though.

Forum List

Back