Treason or Whistle Blower?

Should Edward Snowden be charged with Treason? WHY?

• YES

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • NO

Votes: 70 78.7%

• Total voters
That's true. But to equate the extermination of 6 million human beings (Jews, Homosexuals, Gypsies, Children) with today's outrage is beyond hyperbole and into absurdity.

I disagree with you. The data was used to steal the election, that means that one more barrier against tyranny has been removed. The guys lie about everything. When are you going to wake up.

When the black helicopters in your head circle my house.
Won't you be the surprised to find out who's behind the controls in those little black helicopters when they surround your head.

Only, it is not going to be Rule-of-law supporters in them. ;)

If he's convicted of Treason, every Militia from Texas to New York (yes we exist in New York) will recognize we are living under a Tyranny and resort to the example of Athens, Tennessee, 1946.

Why don't you get your America hating white trash buddys and come take the country back tough guy?

You're too pussy to actually come do anything except play rambo in the woods. We Americans salavate at the thought of you actually showing your faces out in public thinking you're gonna do anything.

Hey The2ndAmendment ......come out and plaaaayyyyyy

Looks like a prime candidate for the NSA to pick up on right here... he's instigating violence.

But don't worry little pebble nuts, we'll see who's a PUSSY and who's not when riots start, and food gets in short supply, and truckers stop delivering food to the inner cities because it's too dangerous, and you city slickers start turning on each other for a fucking slice of bread. I will tell you one thing boy, you libtards think you're going to spill out of the city into the country side in search of food, and I guarantee you, you won't like what you run into.

Now go fuck yourself ya pathetic little scab.

White trash has spoken. Should we shudder in fear, or laugh at the little boy fantasy. 007, that's not a license to kill, it's his IQ.

I disagree with you. The data was used to steal the election, that means that one more barrier against tyranny has been removed. The guys lie about everything. When are you going to wake up.

Won't you be the surprised to find out who's behind the controls in those little black helicopters when they surround your head.

I spent 32 years working to put those who broke the rules in custody. They also talked tough while sitting in the back seat cage - once in the Sally Port they got real quiet.

I spent 32 years working to put those who broke the rules in custody. They also talked tough while sitting in the back seat cage - once in the Sally Port they got real quiet.

See what you get for defending yourself. No wonder all the spying on INNOCENT PEOPLE makes some kind of sense

Cuff em and stuff em

Geez

The Red Scare group and Russian leader Vladimir Putin both believe Snowden is a hero. Both hate the United States and Democracy. Ain't that a kick, LGS and Vlad sitting in a tree .......

LOL How old are you? Putin doesn't believe this guy to be a hero.. he's useful to Russia, ya fuckin dummy. You Zombies are so busy fighting over Obama's nut jizz, you can't even discern the truth any longer.

Edward Snowden: Russia hints that Putin may grant political asylum to whistleblower | Mail Online

Of course he's useful to Russian, and China, Iran and every other nation who would like to see the US put down a notch. Of course dumbshits like you have been working to discredit our government since Bush was sent packing too.

Last edited:
‘Treason’ is extremely difficult to prove:

No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Clearly it was the intent of the Framers to no longer allow ‘treason’ to be used again as a political weapon, as had been the case for several centuries.

True. I would expect Mr. Snowden to recant his public admission if indicted. His attorney's would never allow him to take the stand and thus his public comments would be introduced into evidence by other means.

I could not be a member of the jury if Snowden were brought to trail, for I have already come to the conclusion that Mr. Snowden committed an act which provided aid and comfort to China, a nation which has apparently engaged in Cyber Espionage against our country. The fact that he sought refuge in Hong Kong is troubling to me; and if true that he earned a salary of $200.000 per year with only a GED from a Government Contractor is equally troubling.

What I find absolutely hilarious is the reaction of self defined conservatives who pride themselves as patriots - and few of them ever served a minute in our armed forces - suggesting the actions of Snowden and Manning are those of patriots. IMO George Washington as General of the Revolutionary Army would have had both of them hanged.

Snowden will likely be initially charged with crimes related to his access to government intelligence information and use of government computers, at least to have hem extradited from Hong Kong.

In addition to being potentially criminal, his actions were arrogant and foolish.

And the politics of the issue are indeed problematic for the right, desperate for anything they might perceive as a political weapon to use against Obama.

How, for example, will conservatives reconcile their traditional motif of ‘America, love it or leave it’? Snowden tried to harm America, how can any conservative super-patriot ignore that?

Imagine the right’s response if Obama were a republican…

You've obviously not heard about Boehner's condemnation of his actions and seem to have misread mine as well.

Idiot.

Last edited:
The Red Scare group and Russian leader Vladimir Putin both believe Snowden is a hero. Both hate the United States and Democracy. Ain't that a kick, LGS and Vlad sitting in a tree .......

LOL How old are you? Putin doesn't believe this guy to be a hero.. he's useful to Russia, ya fuckin dummy. You Zombies are so busy fighting over Obama's nut jizz, you can't even discern the truth any longer.

Edward Snowden: Russia hints that Putin may grant political asylum to whistleblower | Mail Online

Of course he's useful to Russian, and China, Iran and every other nation who would like to see the US put down a notch. Of course dumbshits like you have been working to discredit our government since Bush was sent packing too.

If he takes asylum from Russia then he's worse than a drama queen posing as a whistleblower, he's a naive enemy of the US.

If he takes asylum from Russia then he's worse than a drama queen posing as a whistleblower, he's a naive enemy of the US.

I suspect he's already and enemy of the U.S. and those who support him are his fellow travelers.

True. I would expect Mr. Snowden to recant his public admission if indicted. His attorney's would never allow him to take the stand and thus his public comments would be introduced into evidence by other means.

I could not be a member of the jury if Snowden were brought to trail, for I have already come to the conclusion that Mr. Snowden committed an act which provided aid and comfort to China, a nation which has apparently engaged in Cyber Espionage against our country. The fact that he sought refuge in Hong Kong is troubling to me; and if true that he earned a salary of $200.000 per year with only a GED from a Government Contractor is equally troubling.

What I find absolutely hilarious is the reaction of self defined conservatives who pride themselves as patriots - and few of them ever served a minute in our armed forces - suggesting the actions of Snowden and Manning are those of patriots. IMO George Washington as General of the Revolutionary Army would have had both of them hanged.

Snowden will likely be initially charged with crimes related to his access to government intelligence information and use of government computers, at least to have hem extradited from Hong Kong.

In addition to being potentially criminal, his actions were arrogant and foolish.

And the politics of the issue are indeed problematic for the right, desperate for anything they might perceive as a political weapon to use against Obama.

How, for example, will conservatives reconcile their traditional motif of ‘America, love it or leave it’? Snowden tried to harm America, how can any conservative super-patriot ignore that?

You've obviously not heard about Boehner's condemnation of his actions and seem to have misread mine as well.

Idiot.

I have to say, this could prove a really positive development in terms of US politics. It's driving a wedge between authoritarians and libertarians in both parties. It proves what I've been saying all along: the authoritarian neo-cons are running both parties. It will be up to libertarians, and genuine liberals like Greenwald to bust this shit up.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

I have no doubt the answer will be offered based on political leaning so give a rational reason for your vote.

No he isn't committing treason.

1) He hasn't levied war against the United States.
2) He hasnt given Aid and Comfort to our enemies.
3) There are no witnesses any act.

His confession to whistleblowing the NSA scandal, in and of itself, cannot be enough to convict him. They still need witnesses. Corpus delicti Rule.

And you can't have witnesses to something he hasn't done. Since he hasnt levied war or given aid and comfort to our enemies, he cannot be convicted of treason.

She describes herself on her blog as a ‘world-traveling, pole-dancing superhero.’ But Lindsay Mills is something else: the girlfriend of NSA leaker Edward Snowden. Caroline Linton examines her digital footprint.

As for Snowden and Mills’s relationship, she describes her boyfriend only as “E” or “mystery man,” and his face is never directly featured in any of the photos.

More: Lindsay Mills, Edward Snowden's Girlfriend, Writes 'All I Feel Is Alone' - The Daily Beast

Edward Snowden's Pole-Dancing Girlfriend Lindsay Mills Blogs Of Heartbreak After NSA Whistleblower Flees (VIDEO, PICTURES)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OQc-_zUq1JI]L - Fever - YouTube[/ame]

She describes herself on her blog as a ‘world-traveling, pole-dancing superhero.’ But Lindsay Mills is something else: the girlfriend of NSA leaker Edward Snowden. Caroline Linton examines her digital footprint.

As for Snowden and Mills’s relationship, she describes her boyfriend only as “E” or “mystery man,” and his face is never directly featured in any of the photos.

More: Lindsay Mills, Edward Snowden's Girlfriend, Writes 'All I Feel Is Alone' - The Daily Beast

Edward Snowden's Pole-Dancing Girlfriend Lindsay Mills Blogs Of Heartbreak After NSA Whistleblower Flees (VIDEO, PICTURES)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OQc-_zUq1JI]L - Fever - YouTube[/ame]

LOL....

You're getting pretty desperate there, shill.

Idiot.

I have to say, this could prove a really positive development in terms of US politics. It's driving a wedge between authoritarians and libertarians in both parties. It proves what I've been saying all along: the authoritarian neo-cons are running both parties. It will be up to libertarians, and genuine liberals like Greenwald to bust this shit up.

But LOTS of libertarians are acting like this is new and it isn't.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

I have no doubt the answer will be offered based on political leaning so give a rational reason for your vote.

No he isn't committing treason.

1) He hasn't levied war against the United States.
2) He hasnt given Aid and Comfort to our enemies.
3) There are no witnesses any act.

His confession to whistleblowing the NSA scandal, in and of itself, cannot be enough to convict him. They still need witnesses. Corpus delicti Rule.

And you can't have witnesses to something he hasn't done. Since he hasnt levied war or given aid and comfort to our enemies, he cannot be convicted of treason.

If he seeks asylum in Russia he is absolutely committing treason.

It isn't treason.

But it was criminal.

Indeed, it was a felony.

A true Patriot would have blown the whistle and left it up to a jury to decide.

As much as I disagree with his actions, I still think he would be able to prove mitigating circumstances and no jury would convict.

Forum List

Back