True history of the birther movement: Telegraph UK 2011

You believing something makes it a "fact?" Has science heard about you? Wow, we can take some shortcuts and jump ahead in science by decades ...

LOL- me citing the actual record- the actual facts- you cite yourself and your fictional accounts of what your twisted mind has invented.

You haven't cited any facts, what are you talking about? Your opinion is not fact

The fact is that there is absolutely no evidence that Barack Obama ever told anyone that he was born in Kenya

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Instead the facts show that Barack Obama has consistently since 1990 said he was born in Hawaii

New York Times,February 6, 1990 - daily circulation- 1,586,757- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, February 7, 1990- daily circulation 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Washington Post, February 8, 1990- daily circulation 507.615- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, May 3, 1990-- daily circulation 15,190- Obama born in Hawaii

Columbia Today, Fall 1990- Obama born in Hawaii

Obscure promotional pamphlet says Obama born in Kenya- 1991

Chicago Magazine, January 1993- circulation 165,000- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, Feb 10, 1993- 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Los Angeles Times,August 7, 1995- daily circulation 605,243 - Obama born in Hawaii

"Dreams from My Father" 1995- millions of copies sold - Obama born in Hawaii

Barack Obama State Senate Webpage, October 1, 1999 - Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, January 22, 2003- 15,190 - Obama born in Hawaii

Time Magazine,June 24, 2004- circulation 3,276.882 - Obama born in Hawaii

Um ... no evidence? His publisher said he was born in Kenya. There is exactly one potential source for that information. Any guess who that is???

Yes- no evidence.

His publisher made a mistake- and acknowledged the mistake.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Instead the facts show that Barack Obama has consistently since 1990 said he was born in Hawaii

New York Times,February 6, 1990 - daily circulation- 1,586,757- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, February 7, 1990- daily circulation 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Washington Post, February 8, 1990- daily circulation 507.615- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, May 3, 1990-- daily circulation 15,190- Obama born in Hawaii

Los Angeles Times,August 7, 1995- daily circulation 605,243 - Obama born in Hawaii

So his publisher said who sat down and wrote the words that Obama was born in Kenya based on having made it up?

Well, that's a lie, I didn't say Trumps claim started the birther movement, I said he was the first birther, not a logical conclusion.

As for his publisher saying he was born in Kenya, there is only one possible source for that

I didn't say you believed Trump started the Birther movement- do try to keep up.

You lied twice- by a) claiming that President Obama told his publisher that he was born in Kenya and
b) by lying that pamphlet was the start of the Birther movement- which as I point out is chronologically impossible

I didn't say the pamphlet started the birther movement, I said Hillary did. You just had a long debate with me over that. How stupid are you?

Clearly a lot less stupid than you- here is your quote:

Kaz "Actually it started when Obama told his publisher in roughly 1990 that he was born in Kenya. Obama was the original birther"

You lied twice- by a) claiming that President Obama told his publisher that he was born in Kenya and
b) by lying that pamphlet was the start of the Birther movement- which as I point out is chronologically impossible

We're going in circles, here's a dollar, buy a clue

The answer to the clue is that when it comes to President Obama, Kaz lies.

Nope, I'm sitting, but I'm straight up

You believing something makes it a "fact?" Has science heard about you? Wow, we can take some shortcuts and jump ahead in science by decades ...

LOL- me citing the actual record- the actual facts- you cite yourself and your fictional accounts of what your twisted mind has invented.

You haven't cited any facts, what are you talking about? Your opinion is not fact

The fact is that there is absolutely no evidence that Barack Obama ever told anyone that he was born in Kenya

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

Obama was never directly quoted in any of those publications saying he was born in Hawaii. Goderich lied to ABC to cover for Obama who gave her the source material where he was birthed.

There is no evidence that Goderich lied about anything- you just can't accept the facts so you create fiction.

What do you want from monkey man? Mostly he sits and picks bugs off his coat

All Barry Sotoro Hussein had to do was offer his birth certificate for scrutiny by experts but it is kept locked in a freaking vault in Hawaii. The democrat party should have vetted Obama before the election but they thought they could get by. The media should have insisted that experts have a look at the original document but they were more interested in protecting Hussein Sotoro. It's alleged that Barry filed documents claiming he was a (legal) alien in order to get a break in college tuition but there wasn't a single investigative reporter who was curious enough to follow up on the story. We know everything there was to know about the entire Bush family and their education and even the frats they belonged to but Barry Hussein's records are locked in a vault at Harvard and nobody in the media was ever curious enough to try to get hold of them. Instead of the laughable "most open administration" it's the most secretive in history.

LOL- Birthers are such idiots- and such blatant liars.

Barack Hussein Obama's birth certificate is kept at the Department of Health for Hawaii.

We know exactly as much about Bush's Harvard records and we know about Obama's Harvard records- because neither Bush or Obama ever released their Harvard records.

Birthers lie.

That is what they do.

Um ... no evidence? His publisher said he was born in Kenya. There is exactly one potential source for that information. Any guess who that is???

Yes- no evidence.

So his publisher said who sat down and wrote the words that Obama was born in Kenya based on having made it up?

Here are the facts- this is what his publisher said:

Time Magazine,June 24, 2004- circulation 3,276.882 - Obama born in Hawaii[/QUOTE]

Um ... no evidence? His publisher said he was born in Kenya. There is exactly one potential source for that information. Any guess who that is???[/QUOTE]

i[/QUOTE]

Hillary didn't exactly correct her campaign workers, did she?
Well, since they weren't her campaign workers, why and how could she correct them????

The birther movement started with the left. It was when Hillary and Obama were fighting it out during the primaries that this rumor began. Hillary's strategist sent a memo talking about Obama's lack of American roots. At the same time, Hillary staffers were sending pics of Obama dressed in Muslim garb all over the internet. There were also published photos of several bios by Obama's publisher stating he was a Kenyan. There were also reminders of how it was widely reported by the media that Obama was a Kenyan while he was running for Illinois senate. No one has ever explained why Obama allowed those rumors to be repeated for years without correcting them. Between the memo, the picture and the various bios from different sources, the rumor that Obama wasn't an American citizen was born. Add to that the strange issues with his Social Security number and the fake date on his Selective Service registration and it's no wonder that the rumor lives on. Two of Hillary's campaign staffers in Iowa were fired for causing the pic of Obama in Muslim garb to go viral.

So, yes, it did start with Hillary's campaign staff. I think they were well aware that it would be political suicide for them to come out and make the accusations, so they planted the seeds and watched the rumor grow. All it took were some memos, photos and some old bios being spread around. It was sneaky. Even now, after seeing years of Obama pandering to Muslims over allies and national security, don't expect anyone to change their minds on whether he has any loyalty to America.

While the memo doesn't say anything about Kenya, it does insinuate that Obama has a lack of loyalty to America and they did focus on Hillary's supposed love of America during the campaign, knowing full well that the rumor mill was running at full speed. It might have worked if the left hadn't decided to focus on America proving we're not racist by electing a black guy. Hillary couldn't overcome that and the media was behind Obama. Now they are behind Hillary because it's officially her "turn" to be president.

Hillary's strategist, Penn, wrote this memo in 2007 and it brings up "Obama's lack of American roots."

Penn Strategy Memo, March 19, 2007: More than anything else, this memo captures the full essence of Mark Penn's campaign strategy--its brilliance and its breathtaking attacks. Penn identified with impressive specificity the very coalition of women and blue-collar workers that Clinton ended up winning a year later. But he also called Obama "unelectable except perhaps against Attila the Hun," and wrote, "I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values." Penn proposed targeting Obama's "lack of American roots."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2008/08/penn-strategy-memo-march-19-2008/37952/

It was out there long before the 2008 campaign but it is true that the Clinton supporters kicked it up a notch.

"False rumours about Mr Obama’s background first surfaced in 2004, in Illinois, where he was a state senator. Andy Martin, a perennial local candidate and litigant, claimed Mr Obama was secretly Muslim.

Related theories — including that he was radicalised in a “madrassa” in Indonesia — developed after Mr Obama entered the national stage with a speech to the Democratic National Convention later that year.

In 2005, Mr Obama went to Washington as the junior US senator for Illinois. The rumours about him persisted, but seemingly failed to take hold among political insiders and voters alike.

It was not until April 2008, at the height of the intensely bitter Democratic presidential primary process, that the touch paper was properly lit.

An anonymous email circulated by supporters of Mrs Clinton, Mr Obama’s main rival for the party’s nomination, thrust a new allegation into the national spotlight — that he had not been born in Hawaii."

Birther row began with Hillary Clinton

qpBYFId.png

All Barry Sotoro Hussein had to do was offer his birth certificate for scrutiny by experts but it is kept locked in a freaking vault in Hawaii. The democrat party should have vetted Obama before the election but they thought they could get by. The media should have insisted that experts have a look at the original document but they were more interested in protecting Hussein Sotoro. It's alleged that Barry filed documents claiming he was a (legal) alien in order to get a break in college tuition but there wasn't a single investigative reporter who was curious enough to follow up on the story. We know everything there was to know about the entire Bush family and their education and even the frats they belonged to but Barry Hussein's records are locked in a vault at Harvard and nobody in the media was ever curious enough to try to get hold of them. Instead of the laughable "most open administration" it's the most secretive in history.

Barack Hussein Obama's birth certificate is kept at the Department of Health for Hawaii.

We know exactly as much about Bush's Harvard records and we know about Obama's Harvard records- because neither Bush or Obama ever released their Harvard records.

Birthers lie.

That is what they do.

Not as much as Hillary does.

vyKbvA.gif

Hillary didn't exactly correct her campaign workers, did she?
Well, since they weren't her campaign workers, why and how could she correct them????

The birther movement started with the left. It was when Hillary and Obama were fighting it out during the primaries that this rumor began. Hillary's strategist sent a memo talking about Obama's lack of American roots. At the same time, Hillary staffers were sending pics of Obama dressed in Muslim garb all over the internet. There were also published photos of several bios by Obama's publisher stating he was a Kenyan. There were also reminders of how it was widely reported by the media that Obama was a Kenyan while he was running for Illinois senate. No one has ever explained why Obama allowed those rumors to be repeated for years without correcting them. Between the memo, the picture and the various bios from different sources, the rumor that Obama wasn't an American citizen was born. Add to that the strange issues with his Social Security number and the fake date on his Selective Service registration and it's no wonder that the rumor lives on. Two of Hillary's campaign staffers in Iowa were fired for causing the pic of Obama in Muslim garb to go viral.

So, yes, it did start with Hillary's campaign staff. I think they were well aware that it would be political suicide for them to come out and make the accusations, so they planted the seeds and watched the rumor grow. All it took were some memos, photos and some old bios being spread around. It was sneaky. Even now, after seeing years of Obama pandering to Muslims over allies and national security, don't expect anyone to change their minds on whether he has any loyalty to America.

While the memo doesn't say anything about Kenya, it does insinuate that Obama has a lack of loyalty to America and they did focus on Hillary's supposed love of America during the campaign, knowing full well that the rumor mill was running at full speed. It might have worked if the left hadn't decided to focus on America proving we're not racist by electing a black guy. Hillary couldn't overcome that and the media was behind Obama. Now they are behind Hillary because it's officially her "turn" to be president.

Hillary's strategist, Penn, wrote this memo in 2007 and it brings up "Obama's lack of American roots."

Penn Strategy Memo, March 19, 2007: More than anything else, this memo captures the full essence of Mark Penn's campaign strategy--its brilliance and its breathtaking attacks. Penn identified with impressive specificity the very coalition of women and blue-collar workers that Clinton ended up winning a year later. But he also called Obama "unelectable except perhaps against Attila the Hun," and wrote, "I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values." Penn proposed targeting Obama's "lack of American roots."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2008/08/penn-strategy-memo-march-19-2008/37952/
Wow, you really nailed it with this post. Awesome.

Whenever I see Carla put a funny face on a post, I know it is when she is in denial, thank you Carla. I'm not sure I would have even paid as close attention to this one as everyone needs to. Definitely one where clicking the link is in order.

Extra kudos to Carla. :eusa_clap:

2-8602946524.jpg

3-6e55207017.jpg

Anonymous email?

thatstheticket.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Get ed

Obama was never directly quoted in any of those publications saying he was born in Hawaii. Goderich lied to ABC to cover for Obama who gave her the source material where he was birthed.

There is no evidence that Goderich lied about anything- you just can't accept the facts so you create fiction.

Get educated!. You have no conception of citizenship laws. And grow up and act mature

Penn proposed targeting Obama's "lack of American roots."
A perfect example of how the Right lies with half-truths. Penn said NOTHING about being born outside the US in his "lack of American roots."

Furthermore Politico reported that no one in the Clinton camp acted on Penn's advice!!!!!

3-6e55207017.jpg

Clinton told to portray Obama as foreign

Penn, the presidential campaign’s chief strategist, wrote in a memo to Clinton excerpted in the article: “I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values.”

A key take-away from the article is that Clinton received a lot of accurate advice, including from Penn. He wrote a remarkably prescient memo in March 2007 about the importance of appealing to what he called “the Invisible Americans,” specifically “WOMEN, LOWER AND MIDDLE CLASS VOTERS” — exactly the groups that helped Clinton beat Obama in key states nearly a year later.

But no one synthesized and acted on the good advice.

Yes- no evidence.

All your links are pointless, I have always agreed he was born in Hawaii. But no matter how many times he said he was born in Hawaii, that doesn't make him not a stupid douche for the one time he didn't and he told his publisher he was born in Kenya.

Publishers aren't going to sit down and put on a blank piece of paper a made up birth location. They are going to ask the author where they were born. The publisher was intentionally vague and non committal on any fact because they just wanted out of the political ramifications of the whole thing, bad for business

Get ed

Get educated!. You have no conception of citizenship laws. And grow up and act mature

Again, monkey man, you said it was a "Constitutional" issue, when I challenged that you said it was a "law." You actually don't understand the difference, do you, Clyde? We keep taking more trips on this merry go round.

So let's start with the basic. Do you understand the difference between a Constitutional issue and a law?

[ There were also published photos of several bios by Obama's publisher stating he was a Kenyan./

Except of course that there weren't.

Don't know where the author got that claim, but it is frankly false.

There were no 'published photos of 'several bios' by Obama's publisher.

Not until 2012 was there a published photo of a single bio- and that was posted by the Right wing Breitbart.

Of course by that time Trump had gone full Birther

upload_2016-5-9_9-36-27.jpeg

Yes- no evidence.

for the one time he didn't and he told his publisher he was born in Kenya.

As you once again create your usual anti-Obama fan fiction.

You so desperately want to believe that President Obama was intentionally deceiving that you have created this fan fiction in your mind to support it- and you deny any evidence to the contrary.

The record shows that Barack Obama has consistently said he was born in Hawaii.

Birthers and those subject to Obama Derangement Syndrome just won't accept that.

Birthers lie.

That is what they do.

Not as much as Hillary does.

vyKbvA.gif

It is funny to watch as the Right Wing Nut Jobs switch their campaign of lies from Obama to Clinton.

But meanwhile- to review the facts:

Birthers lie

Trump is a big old Birther.

images

It was out there long before the 2008 campaign but it is true that the Clinton supporters kicked it up a notch.
Oh.

So Sheriff Joe is a Clinton supporter?

All the birthers on this forum are Clinton supporters?

Interesting!

Oh, wait...

Donald Trump, one of the more famous birthers, actually IS a HUGE Clinton supporter. His whole family donated to her Senate and Presidential campaigns, and he said her husband was a great president and that she'd be a great president, and he said she was the greatest Secretary of State of all time.

I think you may be onto something!

Oh.

So Sheriff Joe is a Clinton supporter?

All the birthers on this forum are Clinton supporters?

Interesting!

Oh, wait...

Donald Trump, one of the more famous birthers, actually IS a HUGE Clinton supporter. His whole family donated to her Senate and Presidential campaigns, and he said her husband was a great president and that she'd be a great president, and he said she was the greatest Secretary of State of all time.

I think you may be onto something!

Put down the bong! I'm just giving true historical perspective on how it all started. I personally was convinced he was born in Hawaii after I saw his birth certificate!

:lol:

obama-birth-certificate-fake.jpg

The vast, vast, vast, vast, VAST majority of birthers are right wingers.

Being birthers, you know they are intellectually underdeveloped. And this is why they argue like a five year old.

"She started it!"

Forum List

Back