Trump: 14th Amendment is Unconstitutional

The 14th Amendment isn't going to be 'repealed.'

The Citizenship Clause of the 14th Amendment will remain part of the Constitution and law of the land.

A president has no authority to 'repeal' an Amendment, eliminate a provision of an Amendment, or change the case law predicated on an Amendment – these facts serve to illustrate Trump's ignorance and idiocy, and the ignorance and idiocy of those who agree with him.

But they can request that the issue be revisited. The next president will likely be nominating 3-4 justices.

Abortion, Gay RIGHTS,. now the rights got the 14th to get rid of. Boy is this going to be fun!!! lol

You are going to believe what you want. Like all libtards. As ANYONE should know amendments to the constitution must be ratified by 3/4ths of the states. that never happened
The states were quite a bit smaller then as we were still trying to figure out what to do with the defeated asswipes of the South, who had no say in that matter or any other since they surrendered...
Yawn. Wrong as usual OH and not only did the no southern state ratify it 6 other yankee states did not either.
You are going to believe what you want. Like all libtards. As ANYONE should know amendments to the constitution must be ratified by 3/4ths of the states. that never happened

The constitution is on my side in this (and all) matters. Good luck with Trump as your new idol.
Really? when did the constitution change to not needing 3/4ths of the states to ratify an amendment? I missed that one
Just curious. In 1867 there were 37 states. Ten Southern States rejected the initial ratification of the 14th Amendment but they were not yet re assimilated back into the Union. Right? That means, in reality, the Union consisted of only 27 States. 3/4th of that comes out to around 20.25...round it down to 20 state needed to ratify.
Subtracting the 6 Union States that did not ratify from 27 and we have 21 states that ratified. 1 more than enough to make the ratification of the amendment legal.

THE SOUTH DID RATIFY THE 14th Amendment, under coercion but it was done.

IMHO,the defeated confederacy should have had no part in ratifying the 14th Amendment. I am not alone in that summation. The victorious Union Republican congress placed an important condition on the 10 Southern state hold outs: they could not regain congressional representation without ratifying the 14th Amendment.

You'll have to excuse Odium and Jackson....integers give them problems.

332>206

The Citizenship Clause of the 14th Amendment will remain part of the Constitution and law of the land.

A president has no authority to 'repeal' an Amendment, eliminate a provision of an Amendment, or change the case law predicated on an Amendment – these facts serve to illustrate Trump's ignorance and idiocy, and the ignorance and idiocy of those who agree with him.

But they can request that the issue be revisited. The next president will likely be nominating 3-4 justices.

Abortion, Gay RIGHTS,. now the rights got the 14th to get rid of. Boy is this going to be fun!!! lol

Go back an read post #88, it was never the intent of the 14th to grant citizenship to foreigners, aliens or diplomats. The court took that one upon themselves like they so often do, ignoring original intent. The court can reverse it.

Go back an read post #88, it was never the intent of the 14th to grant citizenship to foreigners, aliens or diplomats. The court took that one upon themselves like they so often do, ignoring original intent. The court can reverse it.
They can, but why would they?

They can, but why would they?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because that was the intent of the framers of the Amendment and the right thing to do for the country. I know, that's an extremely foreign concept to you since you and your dear leader want to destroy the country and prove it daily.

BTW can you cite a case where the supreme court has granted citizenship to the children of criminal aliens?

Last edited:
I cannot tell how this even more makes me want Trump to be the face of the Republican Party
Hey boy.....this country was founded for White people only. Read the 1790 Naturalization Act boy. Read it boy. Publish it boy. One more time......this country was founded for White people.

I cannot tell how this even more makes me want Trump to be the face of the Republican Party
Hey boy.....this country was founded for White people only. Read the 1790 Naturalization Act boy. Read it boy. Publish it boy. One more time......this country was founded for White people.

The 1790 Naturalization Act is as dead as your confederate heroes.
Besides that, it wasn't even a part of the U.S. Constitution. The 14th Amendment IS a part of the U.S. Constitution you Rhesus Barhs=turd!

The Amendment wasn't ratified by 3/4 of the states therefore is invalid.

"Judge" Perez was a Huey Long protégé on the take fixing elections and such and a corrupt bigoted segregationist in LA. His "thoughts" on the Constitutionality of Amendment XIV are, like the Sears catalog of the day, useful mostly only in the outhouse!

A bad choice of source upon which to base that con argument. It is so easily disproven by the weight of evidence over time.

He wasn't the only source..and despite your smears you can't deny what he said is true
That's why you resort to the standard lib fallback position of namecalling and insults....but don't address the issue...keep trying to distract.

I've not seen in any article I've read where Trump said the "14th Amendment is unconstitutional".

Now I know media loves, loves, loves to put out fabrications in their headlines because that's all many bother to read being a headline society.

This is done purposefully and repetitively. Especially in politics.

OK, so if Trump is accepting the 14th is constitutional, given that it unequivocally protects birthright citizenship,

what IS he claiming?
That people that are here ILLEGALLY and have a baby cannot hide under the protection of the 14th amendment.

They must be here legally

I've not seen in any article I've read where Trump said the "14th Amendment is unconstitutional".

Now I know media loves, loves, loves to put out fabrications in their headlines because that's all many bother to read being a headline society.

OK, so if Trump is accepting the 14th is constitutional, given that it unequivocally protects birthright citizenship,

what IS he claiming?
That people that are here ILLEGALLY and have a baby cannot hide under the protection of the 14th amendment.

Courts differ with you on that, and probably someone should tell the scotus that the 14th amendment was never ratified.

what IS he claiming?

Yup. Its not the law and it never has been.

Nice little write up on it here.

Constitution Doesn't Mandate Birthright Citizenship - Breitbart

This one is from Brietbart and I'm sure some will dismiss it but it is what it is.

what IS he claiming?

This one is from Brietbart and I'm sure some will dismiss it but it is what it is.
Well, I agree with that, in that I think the supreme court could rule that only babies born here to people who LEGALLY are here, are citizens.

what IS he claiming?

So despite the fact that the 14th Amendment makes no such specific stipulation,

the anti-birthright people want the Court to 'read into' the Amendment such language, in a sort of judicial activist action of legislating from the bench?

okay...

what IS he claiming?

Well, I agree with that, in that I think the supreme court could rule that only babies born here to people who LEGALLY are here, are citizens.

I think you're right and I wonder why everyone is saying the kids of illegals are us citizens. The story looks pretty straightforward to me.

Its not a law and it never has been so why are these illegals sucking off our social services? And why has no one in Govt. questioned the law that never was a law??

Forum List

Back