🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump administration hides US animal abuse records.

R

rdean

U.S. Animal Abuse Records Deleted—What We Stand to Lose

Two weeks into the Trump Administration, thousands of documents detailing animal welfare violations nationwide have been removed from the website of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), which has been posting them publicly for decades. These are the inspection records and annual reports for every commercial animal facility in the U.S.—including zoos, breeders, factory farms, and laboratories.

These records have revealed many cases of abuse and mistreatment of animals, incidents that, if the reports had not been publicly posted, would likely have remained hidden.

Often, the animals in these facilities may have visible wounds or cramped conditions or no access to water, according to Roberts. He says “the government's decision to make it harder to access this information further protects animal exploiters in the shroud of secrecy on which their nefarious activities thrive.”

-----------------------------

hunt30n-8-web.jpg

image.jpg

Considering what Trump's sons think of rare animals, is this any surprise?

Worse, the Trump administration has tried to blame this on Obama. Like they tried with the Yemen fiasco. And the Muslim ban.

Trump aide admits mistake in blaming Obama for 2004 Iraq war death

Sometimes the blame Obama thing goes way too far. 2004????

I'm not sure even Trump's minions believe all of Trump's lies.

Animal abuse is terrible in my opinion. I think legitimate abuse should be reported and acted upon. You guys still support abortion? I assume not. What kind of sickos would care more about animals than innocent humans right?

I'm looking forward to when Trump opens a season for liberals. Now that would be awesome! :2up:
So you are a proponent of animal abuse? Protecting innocent animals is a "liberal" thing? Something Republicans would never do? What about helping children after they are born? Just kidding. We know what Republicans think about that.

You can tell if someone is evil by the way they treat the innocent.

Huckabee Squashed Charges Against His Son For Stoning, Hanging Dog

Animal abuse is terrible in my opinion. I think legitimate abuse should be reported and acted upon. You guys still support abortion? I assume not. What kind of sickos would care more about animals than innocent humans right?
44 - Palin Slashed Funding for Teen Moms

What kind of sickos gleefully wants to see the born suffer while chuckling and giggling the entire time?

House bill would scale back number of free school meals

GOP Bill Taking School Lunches From 3.5 Million Kids Is “Pro-Life” Hypocrisy

I'm looking forward to when Trump opens a season for liberals. Now that would be awesome! :2up:
So you are a proponent of animal abuse? Protecting innocent animals is a "liberal" thing? Something Republicans would never do? What about helping children after they are born? Just kidding. We know what Republicans think about that.

You can tell if someone is evil by the way they treat the innocent.

Huckabee Squashed Charges Against His Son For Stoning, Hanging Dog
I'm a proponent of having fewer idiots like you living amongst us. :)

Did that chap your ass?

What kind of sickos gleefully wants to see the born suffer while chuckling and giggling the entire time?

You are one sick fuck. That's all I need to know.

rdean you are such a bloody wanker. USDA says the removal is not final. And by the way long before the Trump administration came in, this was decided last year.

One of the main reasons they decided last year to remove the information was because of lawsuits.

Looks like they are just going to take more precautionary measures before posting information. Makes total sense except to bloody idiots like rdean.

*Update, 7 February, 12:15 p.m.: The U.S. Department of Agriculture released a statement this morning regarding the removal of animal welfare reports from its Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) website: “The review of APHIS’ website has been ongoing, and the agency is striving to balance the need for transparency with rules protecting individual privacy.

In 2016, well before the change of Administration, APHIS decided to make adjustments to the posting of regulatory records. In addition, APHIS is currently involved in litigation concerning, among other issues, information posted on the agency’s website. While the agency is vigorously defending against this litigation, in an abundance of caution, the agency is taking additional measures to protect individual privacy.

These decisions are not final. Adjustments may be made regarding information appropriate for release and posting.”

More at link:

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...oval-animal-welfare-documents-lawsuit-threats

Two weeks into the Trump Administration, thousands of documents detailing animal welfare violations nationwide have been removed from the website of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), which has been posting them publicly for decades. These are the inspection records and annual reports for every commercial animal facility in the U.S.—including zoos, breeders, factory farms, and laboratories.

These records have revealed many cases of abuse and mistreatment of animals, incidents that, if the reports had not been publicly posted, would likely have remained hidden.

Often, the animals in these facilities may have visible wounds or cramped conditions or no access to water, according to Roberts. He says “the government's decision to make it harder to access this information further protects animal exploiters in the shroud of secrecy on which their nefarious activities thrive.”

hunt30n-8-web.jpg

image.jpg

Worse, the Trump administration has tried to blame this on Obama. Like they tried with the Yemen fiasco. And the Muslim ban.

You do realize hunting wild game is NOT animal abuse? There is a big difference? Your comparison fails

hunt30n-8-web.jpg

image.jpg

People need to stand up for the innocent for all life...

Anyone who abuses an animal, and is pro-life is a damn hypocrite too..

Life is fragile and All life matters...

You are one sick fuck. That's all I need to know.
Because, to your kind, helping children means you must be a sick fuck.

One of the main reasons they decided last year to remove the information was because of lawsuits.

Looks like they are just going to take more precautionary measures before posting information. Makes total sense except to bloody idiots like rdean.

*Update, 7 February, 12:15 p.m.: The U.S. Department of Agriculture released a statement this morning regarding the removal of animal welfare reports from its Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) website: “The review of APHIS’ website has been ongoing, and the agency is striving to balance the need for transparency with rules protecting individual privacy.

In 2016, well before the change of Administration, APHIS decided to make adjustments to the posting of regulatory records. In addition, APHIS is currently involved in litigation concerning, among other issues, information posted on the agency’s website. While the agency is vigorously defending against this litigation, in an abundance of caution, the agency is taking additional measures to protect individual privacy.

These decisions are not final. Adjustments may be made regarding information appropriate for release and posting.”

More at link:

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...oval-animal-welfare-documents-lawsuit-threats

Did you bother to read your entire link?

“When information is hidden … the public wonders what is being hidden and why, and researchers must devote even more resources to combatting the public perception that they are not transparent.”

The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) today put USDA on notice that it intends to use legal tools to force the agency to restore tens of thousands of documents on animal welfare that it removed from its website on Friday.

In this letter to the U.S. Department of Justice, the animal welfare organization reminded the government that under the terms of a 2009 legal settlement with HSUS, USDA had agreed to make public some of the records it has now scrubbed from its public database. HSUS, its lawyers write, “is exercising its rights under [the 2009 settlement] and intends to take further action unless USDA agrees to reconsider this bizarre reversal of the agency’s longstanding policy” of making inspection records and others publicly available.

One of the laws requires agencies to “make available for public inspection … [By] electronic means” all FOIA requests that it releases to anyone and that it determines are likely to be asked for again, by others. When they were public, many of USDA’s inspection reports, especially those of troubled facilities, were accessed repeatedly by a number of different users.

----------------------

Looks like the lawsuits were all about providing information. Not hiding it.

Course, Republicans love to hide information. When people find out what scoundrels they are, even their gullible base turns on them.

rdean you are such a bloody wanker. USDA says the removal is not final. And by the way long before the Trump administration came in, this was decided last year.

As usual another fucking idiot posts bullshit without researching who was responsible for what and automatically blames Trump.

Deany needs to grow a brain.

How does the USDA have jurisdiction over alleged animal abuse in freaking zoos? Does the left allege that Trump's sons hunted exotic animals in the Bronx Zoo and the USDA is covering it up? How freaking crazy can you get?

There should be no privacy and concealment for those horribly abusing animals. Making these records public is the very least we can do.

Forum List

Back