Trump and Harley-Davidson

Instead, I'd buy stuff
th

So what is the problem? Do it and solve in this way your problem. Buy a BMW X3 for example. BMW is the greatest car exporter of the USA. In my car exist by the way some US-American parts too, although it is a French product only made for the European market. I guess I let it be to tear them out. I'm not a Trump.

Oh by the way: Is a Chevrolet "made in the USA"?

Last edited:
No it is not making the US great but my point which you consistently ignore, is Obama did much the same.

I got your point. I'm just struggling to see how it's relevant to this topic.

Please, tell me how Obama is relevant to the topic of Trump making tariffs and then US companies going abroad.

Was Obama president when Trump made this tariffs? No.

I could bring up the superbowl in 1753, it's just as relevant as deflecting with Obama.

So, Trump's trade war is NOT making America great.

Thank you for saying so.
BO is relevant. He did much the same thing and few on the left ever criticized him. The DNC Media is attacking Trump non-stop and as a result is inflaming many Americans, yet he is not doing unprecedented things.

Must we go back to why I involved BO? Other posters in this thread (not you), demanded proof that Big Ears attacked private business like Trump has. I posted proof and then you came into the debate. So....there.

Did Obama put tariffs on goods and then have a country put tariffs back and then he then attacked those companies that left the US?

If so, which tariffs and which companies?

"So....there"? Like a fucking little child.
Oh brother.

So now you get specific. You think because Obama did not place tariffs, that what Trump is doing is unprecedented. I think you might want to research history. Tariffs have been used by many presidents.

Do you think BO did only great things for the economy? If so, think again.

Do you really understand what I'm asking you? Or do you read the first three words then type a response?

I'm asking you to show evidence of where Obama did BOTH things. First he put tariffs that then had tariffs come back in response. Then the companies that got impacted by those tariffs said they'd leave and then Obama attacked them for leaving.

This is what we're talking about here. Do you get that? This is the ONLY thing we're talking about here. We're talking about Trump being an idiot for attacking a company for saying they'd move some production because of TRUMP'S policies.

Do you understand.

Now, you're the one who brought up Obama and said it was the same.

So if you're going to say it's the same, PROVE IT. If you've already proven it, it shouldn't be so fucking hard to prove it again, should it?

Me thinks you're trying to be pedantic.

"But, but, but Obama put up tariffs." So the fuck what? This is NOT what is being spoken about here.

"But, but, but Obama criticized companies" So the fuck what? This is NOT what is being spoken about here.

What we're talking about is what I've already explained.

Let's try a simple yes/no question for you.

Did Obama put tariffs on goods, then see other countries put tariffs on US goods, and the at least one company said it would move production away from the US and Obama criticized this company?

Yes or no?
Means nothing. You seem to think since Big Ears didn't do tariffs, he is somehow acceptable. That is silly. Just because Trump imposes tariffs, you and many on the left go off the rails. Well my son, Obama did much to harm American business, but yeah...he didn't impose tariffs.

Where did I post Obama used tariffs?

He did harm American business with his actions. Read my post where I list some of those things and the article backing it up.

That it's HIS POLICY that caused the company to move, and yet he's blaming the company, shows just how arrogant the guy is.

The only Trump policy that has had an effect on HD is the gigantic tax cut he gave them, lamebrained fool.

It would seem some lefties think Obama never attacked business, thus ignoring or forgetting the truth, and what Trump is doing is without precedent.

I guess they get this opinion from DNC TV.

Maybe someone doesn't get what is being said.

Trump has gone and done something. And the result of his policy is that this company is leaving. And Trump is criticizing their leaving.

Do you not see this?

He's made a policy and is criticizing the impact his OWN POLICY is having on the country.
i see this.

trump did something

you're pissed and bitching about it 24x7.

do you not see this?

Do you really believe only one word of your own nonsense? You made the Soviet empire strong and went directly from world war 2 into the cold war. The English speaking world created all the problems which we call "Islamism" today. And your "Führer" (Führer=leader) impresses me less than dirty finger nails.

You PIGS didn't start two world wars, causing untold misery and death and murder 6,000.000 Jews? How about you go see the Holocaust Museum and get back to me, Kraut? You can stick your little insults about Trump where the sun don't shine....other than leftist turds who will agree with anybody who opposes me, you have no friends here, no allies, nobody. Find a HUN board to spread your lies....we don't care what you or your fat old dyke leader think...you're nothing to us.

The only Trump policy that has had an effect on HD is the gigantic tax cut he gave them, lamebrained fool.

It would seem some lefties think Obama never attacked business, thus ignoring or forgetting the truth, and what Trump is doing is without precedent.

Trump has gone and done something. And the result of his policy is that this company is leaving. And Trump is criticizing their leaving.

Do you not see this?

He's made a policy and is criticizing the impact his OWN POLICY is having on the country.
Yeah...and you think this was never done by a politician before. LMFAO!

The demand made of me was to prove Obama attacked business, just as Donnie Tiny Hands is doing. I did that. Agreed?

How you change the topic every time you post.

Did I say politicians had never done this before? No. So.....

Basically you're trying to deflect.

The reality is this is TRUMP'S own policy and he's criticizing private companies because Trump has hurt their business.

Is that really making the US great?
No it is not making the US great but my point which you consistently ignore, is Obama did much the same.

Well finally a but, but, but, but Obama sighting. Way to go ungripped, I knew you wouldn't let us down!

Do you not see this?

The demand made of me was to prove Obama attacked business, just as Donnie Tiny Hands is doing. I did that. Agreed?

The reality is this is TRUMP'S own policy and he's criticizing private companies because Trump has hurt their business.

Please, tell me how Obama is relevant to the topic of Trump making tariffs and then US companies going abroad.

I could bring up the superbowl in 1753, it's just as relevant as deflecting with Obama.

Thank you for saying so.
BO is relevant. He did much the same thing and few on the left ever criticized him. The DNC Media is attacking Trump non-stop and as a result is inflaming many Americans, yet he is not doing unprecedented things.

Must we go back to why I involved BO? Other posters in this thread (not you), demanded proof that Big Ears attacked private business like Trump has. I posted proof and then you came into the debate. So....there.

“But Obama” is completely irrelevant not just because he didn’t do this, but also because he’s not President. Your attempt at deflection is s failure.

Trump has attacked and threatened Amazon, and now Harley-Davidson. In all my adult life I have never seen a President threaten to destroy American corporations before.

I also note that since Trump started his trade war, the Dow Jones has lost nearly 2,000 points and stocks stoped rising. Jobs haven’t been effected yet because of the goosing of the tax cuts but now that tariffs are kicking in, they’re now at risk.

Job creation was down in 2017 over 2016. The stock market showed a steady increase from 2010 until Trump started talking tariffs. Now it’s stalled and declining.

Thank you for saying so.

Did Obama put tariffs on goods and then have a country put tariffs back and then he then attacked those companies that left the US?

Oh brother.

So now you get specific. You think because Obama did not place tariffs, that what Trump is doing is unprecedented. I think you might want to research history. Tariffs have been used by many presidents.

Do you really understand what I'm asking you? Or do you read the first three words then type a response?

I'm asking you to show evidence of where Obama did BOTH things. First he put tariffs that then had tariffs come back in response. Then the companies that got impacted by those tariffs said they'd leave and then Obama attacked them for leaving.

This is what we're talking about here. Do you get that? This is the ONLY thing we're talking about here. We're talking about Trump being an idiot for attacking a company for saying they'd move some production because of TRUMP'S policies.

Do you understand.

So if you're going to say it's the same, PROVE IT. If you've already proven it, it shouldn't be so fucking hard to prove it again, should it?

"But, but, but Obama put up tariffs." So the fuck what? This is NOT what is being spoken about here.

"But, but, but Obama criticized companies" So the fuck what? This is NOT what is being spoken about here.

Did Obama put tariffs on goods, then see other countries put tariffs on US goods, and the at least one company said it would move production away from the US and Obama criticized this company?

Yes or no?
Means nothing. You seem to think since Big Ears didn't do tariffs, he is somehow acceptable. That is silly. Just because Trump imposes tariffs, you and many on the left go off the rails. Well my son, Obama did much to harm American business, but yeah...he didn't impose tariffs.

He did harm American business with his actions. Read my post where I list some of those things and the article backing it up.

I didn't say any of that stuff. You just make stuff up to attack people with. How difficult is it to stick to the topic at hand?

This isn't about Trump imposing tariffs. If he imposes tariffs and then stands by his decision, then fine, but he's not. He's attack HIS OWN FUCKING DECISION.

The problem is Trump speaks with no one. Everyone knows that no one is able to win a trade war. But he forces Europe to this idiotic "tit for tat"-game, because no one has any better solution.

Did this clown ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ fall off a turnip truck....what's he doing here?

You call me "clown"?

Trump cancelled TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership). The EU liked to speak with him about his problems in context with tariffs - but looks he likes not to agree with the basic rules of the WTO. He never tried to speak with Europe. Europe waited a very long time with an reaction. The biggest player in context world economy is by the way not the USA - it is Europe. Although everyone is used to laugh about Europe - Europeans too - Trump and the USA could get really very very serious problems if you will continue this way of stupid confrontation. What do you think will happen if we Germans get problems? Do we close first our factories in Europe or in the USA? And if we close all business in the USA - what will win the USA? Our companies here in Germany have for example in the moment the problem that they don't know how to invest more than 500 billions. Do you think they will invest a part of this money in the USA now? Money is fearful - and Trump is dangerous.

You are a clown...we don't give a flying fuck what you Germans do as long as it's not starting another world war. We've already beat the living shit out of you twice for it so don't try starting an economic world war. You either get your fucking tariffs off our goods or we'll embargo your Hun asses....you aren't even a pimple on our ass economically. You dominate the weaklings in the EU but don't jump off the porch when the big dog...U.S. is involved. Piss on the WTO...it's allowed China to build itself into an empire at OUR expense. We'll have some lightweights agreeing with you eurotrash about how "unfair" this all is but nobody should believe we can't crush you on a whim and probably should. Try paying for your defense for a change....we're sick of protecting you from the Ivans while you rip us off in trade. Without us, Russia would roll over you on a weekend....that's worth parity in trade and now we finally have a leader who won't take this crap any longer.

Great plan piss off 6 billion customers to try to capture 320 million.

You are such a dick. What is the GDP of the EU compared to the US?

Sorry, I didn't see this thread earlier.

I agree that HD is just using the threat of trade war and taxes as an excuse because they had planned to move regardless. Libs just using it to attack Trump.

My take is let Harley Davidson move. They make some of the world's worst motorcycles today.

It's one of the worst motorcycles one can buy according to Consumer Reports.

Listen to the outlaw bikers...

Here is how Sonny Barger, one of the original California Hells Angels, explains it:

In terms of pure workmanship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "F*ck Harley-Davidson."

Barger now rides a Victory.

Let HD move overseas and tax their products mightily.

Ignorant much?

HD has plants in three other countries.

They are NOT building a new plant.

If they sell into the EU from the US plant, they will get hit with a tariff that will n=make them not competitive. If they continued in that practice, HD would lose that business & the profits.

HD will sell into EU from their other plants like the one in Thailand. They will avoid the tariffs & maintain business ( other than losses due to EU people no longer wanting an American product due to Trump being such an insulting asshole.

The US market will still be serviced by the US factory.

The net result is jobs lost here & gained there. Thank you Trump.

It is so sad to see how quick you morons will attack US companies just because your orange buddy has one of his tantrums. How easily you are duped.

Sorry, I didn't see this thread earlier.

I agree that HD is just using the threat of trade war and taxes as an excuse because they had planned to move regardless. Libs just using it to attack Trump.

My take is let Harley Davidson move. They make some of the world's worst motorcycles today.

It's one of the worst motorcycles one can buy according to Consumer Reports.

Listen to the outlaw bikers...

Here is how Sonny Barger, one of the original California Hells Angels, explains it:

In terms of pure workmanship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "F*ck Harley-Davidson."

Barger now rides a Victory.

Let HD move overseas and tax their products mightily.

Ignorant much?

HD has plants in three other countries.

They are NOT building a new plant.

If they sell into the EU from the US plant, they will get hit with a tariff that will n=make them not competitive. If they continued in that practice, HD would lose that business & the profits.

HD will sell into EU from their other plants like the one in Thailand. They will avoid the tariffs & maintain business ( other than losses due to EU people no longer wanting an American product due to Trump being such an insulting asshole.

The US market will still be serviced by the US factory.

The net result is jobs lost here & gained there. Thank you Trump.

It is so sad to see how quick you morons will attack US companies just because your orange buddy has one of his tantrums. How easily you are duped.

Cut the crap, do a "smidgen" of research, before saying more stupid stuff...dumbass.
Even Harley-Davidson Can’t Resist the Tug of Overseas Factories

Oh brother.

Do you understand.

Yes or no?

I didn't say any of that stuff. You just make stuff up to attack people with. How difficult is it to stick to the topic at hand?

This isn't about Trump imposing tariffs. If he imposes tariffs and then stands by his decision, then fine, but he's not. He's attack HIS OWN FUCKING DECISION.
So it is about Trump, yet you say it isn't. I am confused.

Thank you for saying so.

“But Obama” is completely irrelevant not just because he didn’t do this, but also because he’s not President. Your attempt at deflection is s failure.

Trump has attacked and threatened Amazon, and now Harley-Davidson. In all my adult life I have never seen a President threaten to destroy American corporations before.

I also note that since Trump started his trade war, the Dow Jones has lost nearly 2,000 points and stocks stoped rising. Jobs haven’t been effected yet because of the goosing of the tax cuts but now that tariffs are kicking in, they’re now at risk.

Job creation was down in 2017 over 2016. The stock market showed a steady increase from 2010 until Trump started talking tariffs. Now it’s stalled and declining.
You hate Trump for attacking business, but loved Obama when he attacked business.

I don't get it. LOL!

Do you not see this?

Well finally a but, but, but, but Obama sighting. Way to go ungripped, I knew you wouldn't let us down!

Trump is doing things Lefties don't like...well duh?

Obama did things righties didn't like...well duh?

Weren't we told elections have consequences?

What businesses did Obama attack and threaten to close?
Good God! LMFAO.

You are the third lefty in this thread to ask me that. Did you sleep walk through BO's reign, or did you get all you information from the MSM?

See my post number 129 in this thread.

You need to realize you are a dupe for the elite left.

Do you not see this?

Trump is doing things Lefties don't like...well duh?

Obama did things righties didn't like...well duh?

Weren't we told elections have consequences?

Can you give us a bbbbbbbuuuuutttt Hillary now?

Do you really believe only one word of your own nonsense? You made the Soviet empire strong and went directly from world war 2 into the cold war. The English speaking world created all the problems which we call "Islamism" today. And your "Führer" (Führer=leader) impresses me less than dirty finger nails.

You PIGS didn't start two world wars, causing untold misery and death and murder 6,000.000 Jews?

I lost on my own a lot of family members in the holocaust and despise war hungry Nazi-mentalities like yours very much - specially if they use the mascerade "good guy".

How about you go see the Holocaust Museum and get back to me, Kraut? You can stick your little insults about Trump where the sun don't shine....

I don't think in the hell shines no sun. I think the hell is a place where not exists logos and love. And Trump is not far from this what I would call "hell".

other than leftist turds who will agree with anybody who opposes me, you have no friends here, no allies, nobody.

Exactly.

Find a HUN board to spread your lies....we don't care what you or your fat old dyke leader think...you're nothing to us.

Germans are Germans, not Huns. The English word Huns sounds like the German word "Hans", that's all. "Hans" is "John" in the English language. Tell me why you try to protect your Führer Trump. What makes this man fascinating for you? Why do you defend him? You are a nothing for him, isn't it?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, President Trump did say that trade wars can be good.

His goal is to create trade agreements and practices that are fair and beneficial to the United States as well as the other countries.

Why do libs hate the idea of anything that benefits this country?

The worry about shipping Euro built Harleys BACK to the states is just a fantasy. It's gonna be too expensive EVEN without a tariff barrier coming in. Always cheaper to make them HERE in the supply chain that they've used for decades.. The EU regs and unions and fed work rules will GUARANTEE they are too expensive to ship back here.

Just not gonna be a factor.

I'll be buying a Honda scooter due out in 2019, they are a remake of the models from the 1960-'70's. I had a 1966 model in 1975.

Forum List

Back