Trump (and probably most Americans) don't give a rip about government shut down if SAVE Act not passed

You obviously have no clue how shutdowns work. Do you?

Those people who work there and do upkeep on the parks and monuments, as well as all government employees will be paid sometime. To them it is merely a paid vacation! There is no saving during a shutdown as expenses actually increase!

When I was a government contractor during a shutdown, we still worked because our contract for the fiscal year had already been funded. It affected our company not one bit.
I didn't know that.

But if that is so, or usually so, why.. just WHY does no one in Congress ever want to shut down the govt (so called shut down)?

Yeh, thanks for the info-- that nonetheless makes me feel even more cynical and hopeless about our corrupt system

Anyhow, I am wondering if certain agencies really do shut down.. but knowing the govt like I do, you are probably talking about all of them..

(please answer bolded question)

95% of gov't employees are democrats. Lay them off and don't pay them back pay. Let them feel the error of their ways.

sounds like a good plan.. you know, kind of like when you realize it's bad to spoil your children and never make them pay the consequences of their bad acts... you get spoiled brats who make your life miserable.

Nothing really shuts down, some federal employees get a paid vacation, they always give them back pay.

That needs to stop.

And again, if that is so and I have no doubt it is (I know how govt "works" :rolleyes: )

WHY does Congress always BALK at shutting down the damn thing?

don't get that at all

That needs to stop.

And again, if that is so and I have no doubt it is (I know how govt "works" :rolleyes: )

WHY does Congress always BALK at shutting down the damn thing?

don't get that at all

It's all about political posturing, the vast majority of Americans have no clue how it really works.

It's all about political posturing, the vast majority of Americans have no clue how it really works.

I know and Congresspersons count on that.

But they know that some Americans will perceive it as a bad thing to shut down the govt (again, a so called shut down)

It looks insane.. A shut down doesn't mean a shut down but virtually everyone is against it..

That's our system 4 ya:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back