Trump barred from running?

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Apparently, he can't be.

Professor went from:

"“Trump is ineligible to be on the ballot, and each of the 50 state secretaries of state has an obligation to print ballots without his name on them,” said Calabresi, who teaches at Northwestern University."

to:
"Former President Donald Trump isn’t covered by the disqualification clause, and he is eligible to be on the ballot in the 2024 presidential election,” Calabresi wrote. “I am correcting the public record on this important issue by sending you this letter.”

Thoughts? Whines?

Apparently, he can't be.

Professor went from:

"“Trump is ineligible to be on the ballot, and each of the 50 state secretaries of state has an obligation to print ballots without his name on them,” said Calabresi, who teaches at Northwestern University."

to:
"Former President Donald Trump isn’t covered by the disqualification clause, and he is eligible to be on the ballot in the 2024 presidential election,” Calabresi wrote. “I am correcting the public record on this important issue by sending you this letter.”

Thoughts? Whines?
I will take his word that he came to the new decision after prolonged study and analysis. But I wonder how you guys would handle it if it had been the other way around?

What if he was first against it and then changed his mind? Your side will be out for his blood. You would call him a traitor, a Communist, and a guy who got paid off.

Thoughts? Whines?

Apparently, he can't be.

Professor went from:

to:

Thoughts? Whines?
To me it just shows that he is arguing in good faith. Sometimes that means you change your mind. It speaks to his intellectual honesty and the complexity of the argument.

I also want to add that that quality makes it incredibly hard to intelligently discuss it's merits on here. Without even considering the complete lack of intellectual honesty on here.

It was always an unconstitutional Hail Mary pass to keep Americans from deciding whom they want for president - and that man is Trump.

The amendment in discussion pertains to those who were part of an insurrection - and was added specifically to keep Confederate leaders from running for president, following the Civil War. Since there was no insurrection in Trump’s case, the point is moot.

1695047620733.png

Another argument against Trump bites the dust. Liberals were so sure they had Trump this time. Doesn't look like the Supreme Court will even come close to agreeing 14A disqualifies Trump from being on the ballot, not that they were going to anyway.

If J6 gets a conviction, then it is a possibility, yes.

If elected, Trump will be in remandment, and he will be unable to govern,

The 25th Amendment will be invoked by the VP, and according to the instructions of it, he will be removed permanently from office,

Of course, it isn't applicable.

To apply the 14th, there would have to be a conviction.

Accusations are not facts.
Yes, that was the stupidest part, in thinking you can keep Trump off the ballot using 14A and claiming that Trump doesn't even have to be convicted of anything in order to keep him off the ballot or even not allowing him to take office even after he won.

If J6 gets a conviction, then it is a possibility, yes.

If elected, Trump will be in remandment, and he will be unable to govern,

The 25th Amendment will be invoked by the VP, and according to the instructions of it, he will be removed permanently from office,
You didn't read the article. That clause in 14A doesn't even apply to a president, even if he were to be convicted.

I will take his word that he came to the new decision after prolonged study and analysis. But I wonder how you guys would handle it if it had been the other way around?

What if he was first against it and then changed his mind? Your side will be out for his blood. You would call him a traitor, a Communist, and a guy who got paid off.

Thoughts? Whines?
That's a lot of words when you could have just admitted 14A doesn't apply.

To me it just shows that he is arguing in good faith. Sometimes that means you change your mind. It speaks to his intellectual honesty and the complexity of the argument.

I also want to add that that quality makes it incredibly hard to intelligently discuss it's merits on here. Without even considering the complete lack of intellectual honesty on here.
Yes, orange man bad. The left can't think of anything more complex than that.

Forum List

Back