trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
I said nothing about a law. Trump was told what terms he was breaking many times before he was banned.

Wrong.
Terms of Service can ONLY be based on law due to the FCC regulations for the internet.
Nor did Trump ever violate any TOS, so he could not have been warned.
Do you have an example of anything Trump posted that violated anything?
If someone has one, I can be easily convinced if I am wrong about this, since I dislike Trump anyway.

Wrong.
Terms of Service can ONLY be based on law due to the FCC regulations for the internet.
Nor did Trump ever violate any TOS, so he could not have been warned.
Do you have an example of anything Trump posted that violated anything?
If someone has one, I can be easily convinced if I am wrong about this, since I dislike Trump anyway.
The TOS state Twitter can end your account for any reason they want or no reason.

Yes it is relevant because the 14th amendment requires equal protection under the law.
If you censor acts by one political party, then you also have to censor the same acts by other parties.
Equal protection under 14th Amendment applies to the government, not private Internet chat forums.

It is only illegal if it will likely leads to imminent violence, injury or death. Or more of the COVID cure quacks would be in jail.

Wrong.
Anything that infringes upon any right at all is illegal.
For example, when you sue over slander, it is NOT about imminent violence, injury, or death.
You have a right to privacy and respect that slander and libel violate.

Constitutional Standards: Injury in Fact, Causation, and Redressability.

The Court ... has now settled upon the rule that, “at an irreducible minimum,” the constitutional requisites under Article III for the existence of standing are that the plaintiff must personally have:
1) suffered some actual or threatened injury;
2) that injury can fairly be traced to the challenged action of the defendant; and
3) that the injury is likely to be redressed by a favorable decision.

By "injury" they mean harm, as in ruining your reputations by illegal slander or libel.
Doesn't mean injury like a broken arm.

Equal protection under 14th Amendment applies to the government, not private Internet chat forums.

Wrong for 2 reasons.
First of all, Equal Protection requires all levels of government to make the necessary laws to protect against discrimination, a second is that the internet is federal so already requires protection against 1st amendment censorship.

Wrong.

Wrong. Just go to the Fox News, or any of it's hosts websites. Their terms of service specifically say what political things you can't post, with the violators being banned.

Contempt of Host/Contempt of Friend/Contempt of Moderator:

You are welcome to disagree with Sean Hannity’s views and discuss differing opinion, but personal attacks against our host will not be tolerated. Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin and Oliver North are close, personal friends of Sean Hannity and they are afforded the same protection.

We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.

That is Citizen's United ruling, which I think is totally wrong.
Corporations should NOT be allowed to make political contributions.
Why not? Corporations are owned by people, who all have the right to make political donations. If the people who own them have the right to do it, then why shouldn't they have the right?

Wrong. Just go to the Fox News, or any of it's hosts websites. Their terms of service specifically say what political things you can't post, with the violators being banned.

Contempt of Host/Contempt of Friend/Contempt of Moderator:

You are welcome to disagree with Sean Hannity’s views and discuss differing opinion, but personal attacks against our host will not be tolerated. Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin and Oliver North are close, personal friends of Sean Hannity and they are afforded the same protection.

We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.
FOX News is not immune from lawsuits as the owners of Google, Facebook and Twitter claim they are.

Forum List

Back