trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Nope. He can do it because it's his house, his rules. If his daughter wants to live there, she has to abide. That's the case regardless of her age.
You're complicating the issue, of course. He can prevent it for both reasons.

Instead of wishing and hoping here, why don't you actually do something and respond on twitter on Trumps behalf. I'm sure you could do a better job than Trump did.
This is not about Trump. This about regulations and how Twitter should be regulated. Stuff like this should not happen.

I do not use Twitter, neither do my kids. My wife does rarely. To me it is about legality nothing to do with DJT. Hence I answered "other" on the front page.

The judge has no choice.
In this case, the paperboy is not just deciding who he will refuse to deliver papers to but also what articles are allowed to be printed as well.
Totally and completely illegal, and if everyone knew what Twitter was doing, no one would ever use it again.
The only censorship that is legal is if it could be prosecuted in court if it did not censor.
And Trump has never posted anything illegal.
So you can't legally censor him.

It's seems difficult for you to comprehend what private ownership means. They can do what they like and you sign up to those rules. If he wasn't doing anything wrong, why did he get booted? Think about it you fool, if it doesn't torture your brain.
The fact he has gone should tell you the power they have over the president. You can't be so ignorant.

He is gone and won't be back until they say so.

Just like being "denied" health insurance doesn't violate your right to health care.

Taxpayers are forced with government guns to fund the internet and bandwidth, the social media companies live on that for free. Is there any limit you have at all to that in your mind? Should a natural gas company be able to deny you service for example even though government shuts down their opposition?

That taxpayers are forced to fund the internet is WHY Facebook and the others have a monopoly. Why should in your mind government be in the business of creating monopolies where they otherwise wouldn't exist? And how do you possibly consider that "free market?"

LOL

Free speech is a right. A phone is no more of a right than is a megaphone. As in, being denied a phone doesn't suppress your free speech.

Are you ever not a fucking moron?
Wrong, dumbass. The courts have ruled that cell providers cannot deny someone an account for arbitrary reasons. Non-payment is about the only legal justification.

Taxpayers are forced with government guns to fund the internet and bandwidth, the social media companies live on that for free.
So fix that. Don't use it as an excuse to go full-fascist. Government dictating to private companies is bad mojo, even if it's in the service of your dear leader
That taxpayers are forced to fund the internet is WHY Facebook and the others have a monopoly.
Twitter, FB, etc, do not have monopolies. That's merely an excuse you're using to socialize them. The old "you didn't build that" horseshit.

So fix that. Don't use it as an excuse to go full-fascist. Government dictating to private companies is bad mojo, even if it's the service of your dear leader

Twitter, FB, etc, do not have monopolies. That's merely an excuse you're using to socialize them. The old "you didn't build that" horseshit.

So how did you arrive at that doesn't affect your views and isn't your problem to consider or address since I was responding to your argument? It's my problem to fix, it's NOT your problem to incorporate in your argument?

The rest is more of your stupid strawman shit

So how did you arrive at that doesn't affect your views and isn't your problem since I was responding to your argument? It's my problem to fix, it's NOT your problem to incorporate in your argument?
Can you rephrase that? Not sure what you mean.

Trump asks to have his account re-instated.

Democrats react to the news:

1633375172931.png

'God, Noooooooo! No more mean tweets!'

:auiqs.jpg:

So fix that. Don't use it as an excuse to go full-fascist. Government dictating to private companies is bad mojo, even if it's in the service of your dear leader

dblack: "Twitter, FB, etc, do not have monopolies."

What a jackass. Their competition is ... who ???

Wrong, dumbass. The courts have ruled that cell providers cannot deny someone an account for arbitrary reasons. Non-payment is about the only legal justification.
Post a link to those court rulings...

Boring non-opinion.
I told you that my opinion is that Twitter should be regulated like the NYT if they are going to arbitrarily ban shit. Otherwise they can just shrug and say sorry, didn't mean to ban the Star of David. Accountability matters for your little private club. Imagine if a restaurant banned the Star of David?

Can you rephrase that? Not sure what you mean.

You said that it's my problem to fix that we (taxpayers) are forced to pay for the internet, not yours. And according to you they are free to go ahead and use the free customer delivery system until I do and you're not going to care that they get it for free on our dime when they decide we aren't leftists and silence us. Works for you.

How do you arrive at that? It's not your problem, it's mine? It's not my system

dblack: "Twitter, FB, etc, do not have monopolies."

What a jackass. Their competition is ... who ???
There are countless apps and websites that offer similar services. Parler?

Don't you recognize that you're making all the same arguments that liberal statists make when they want to force their will on businesses? They claim that such-and-such business is a "virtual" monopoly (ie, "they have a lot of power and we want it!"). They insist that any business that benefits from government infrastructure owes the state a piece of the action - that they forfeit their rights because "you didn't build that".

This used to be the kind of shit Republicans fought against. Now they wallow in it.

I told you that my opinion is that Twitter should be regulated like the NYT if they are going to arbitrarily ban shit. Otherwise they can just shrug and say sorry, didn't mean to ban the Star of David. Accountability matters for your little private club. Imagine if a restaurant banned the Star of David?

Cool dude.

Doesn’t really have much to do with the lawsuit that is the subject of the thread. In fact, doesn’t have anything to do with it.

How do you arrive at that? It's not your problem, it's mine? It's not my system
The point is, if you have a problem with the system, let's fix the system. Instead, you want to use it as and excuse to bully companies you don't like.

Don't you recognize that you're making all the same arguments that liberal statists make when they want to force their will on businesses? They claim that such-and-such business is a "virtual" monopoly (ie, "they have a lot of power and we want it!"). They insist that any business that benefits from government infrastructure owes the state a piece of the action - that they forfeit their rights because "you didn't build that".

This used to be the kind of shit Republicans fought against. Now they wallow in it.

Countless? That's one. What's wrong, you can't count that high?

Forum List

Back