Trump: Boycott Apple

Because Apple is refusing to unlock the SB shooter's phone, I think a boycott is in order.

Not because Donald the Chump is calling for it, but because Apple refuses to assist in a terrorist investigation.

The underlying issue is a serious one. Apple is embroiled in a dispute with the Justice Department over an encrypted iPhone belonging to one of the shooters in the San Bernardino massacre of Dec. 2. The FBI is demanding that Apple develop technology to unlock the phone, so they can investigate information the shooter may have stored there.

Collision of elephants: Trump v. Apple
Does anyone NOT want this phone unlocked?

Speak up?

I see no reason for apple to provide a backdoor to all their phones,but they damn sure ought to open this one.
I keep hearing different stories as to which of those the feds are demanding.

I think Apple should unlock this phone and any other that may be due to National Security issues, but Feds would have to prove each need.

The more Trump speaks, the more I cringe. Doesn't seem to be hurting him too much according to polls though.

I'll support the guy if he's the nominee, however I'll plug my nose and grit my teeth though.

The underlying issue is a serious one. Apple is embroiled in a dispute with the Justice Department over an encrypted iPhone belonging to one of the shooters in the San Bernardino massacre of Dec. 2. The FBI is demanding that Apple develop technology to unlock the phone, so they can investigate information the shooter may have stored there.

Collision of elephants: Trump v. Apple
Does anyone NOT want this phone unlocked?

Speak up?

I see no reason for apple to provide a backdoor to all their phones,but they damn sure ought to open this one.
I keep hearing different stories as to which of those the feds are demanding.

Agreed.

The reason why you're confused about this issue is because the government is continuously changing their story. That's why we can't trust em

Apple refuses to give them the back door key..............The Feds aren't just asking for the data from one of the terrorists here............they want open access.........

Apple CEO Tim Cook fires back at FBI in terror case

The order issued Tuesday would require Apple to create and install special software on an iPhone found near the site of the December massacre in California that killed 14 people, so that federal investigators can try to crack Apple’s security without risk of wiping the device’s contents. That drew an unusually harsh response from Cook, who slammed the government's move as "overreach" and questioned the FBI's reliance on on a centuries-old law in the case.

Story Continued Below

"The FBI may use different words to describe this tool, but make no mistake: Building a version of iOS that bypasses security in this way would undeniably create a backdoor," the CEO wrote in a letter to Apple's customers posted online. "And while the government may argue that its use would be limited to this case, there is no way to guarantee such control."

Forum List

Back