Trump caught lying about hurricane relief

Rumor: FEMA will only provide $750 to disaster survivors to support their recovery.

Fact:​

This is false.

One type of assistance that is often approved quickly after you apply is Serious Needs Assistance, which is $750 to help pay for essential items like food, water, baby formula, breastfeeding supplies, medication and other emergency supplies. There are other forms of assistance that you may qualify to receive once you apply for disaster assistance. As your application continues to be reviewed, you may still receive additional forms of assistance for other needs such as support for temporary housing and home repair costs. Learn more about the types of assistance available. If you have questions about your disaster assistance application and what you qualify for, contact us at 1-800-621-3362 to speak with a FEMA representative.

October 3, 2024

1. If I am an undocumented immigrant, am I eligible for any assistance from FEMA?
    • You may be eligible for Crisis Counseling or Disaster Legal Services, and other short-term, non-cash, emergency aid.
    • You will not be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance.
    • You will not be personally eligible for FEMA cash assistance programs (Individuals and Households Program Assistance). You may, however, apply on behalf of your U.S. citizen child, or another adult household member may qualify the household for assistance.
    • Even if you or your family does not qualify for FEMA cash assistance (Individuals and Households Program Assistance), please call FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY for hearing/speech-impaired) for information and to be referred to other programs that can assist you regardless of your immigration status

It speaks volumes about the harris admin that they direct illegals were to get aid on the fema website

But republicans over whelming voted for it

Moreover, what it was, was a stop gap funding for the govt, because harrris has already blown through the funding for their year.. the No votes where protest votes against harris reckless spending, such as giving billions to resettle open border migrants, and only giving Americans 750 one time payment who lost their house
ALL OF VOTES against funding came from Republicans and Dems noted that the funding approved was not adequate

Stop defending Trump’s lies

of course i know what you are talking about....you are trying to deflect and spin, and lie and cover.

It's what you do.

LOL

The news knows what I'm talking about even though you're too ignorant to know...

Former President Donald Trump and his allies have claimed the Federal Emergency Management Agency can’t respond well enough to the aftermath of Hurricane Helene because it’s diverted so much money to helping migrants—but that’s not true, as FEMA’s funds for handling disaster relief efforts are separate from money given to immigrant communities.

But those financial issues aren’t because of money going to migrants: While FEMA and U.S. Customs and Border Protection have given more than $1 billion since the start of 2023 to communities that are taking in migrants, that’s been through the agency’s Shelter and Services Program, a totally different funding pot than the Disaster Relief Fund used to respond to hurricanes and other natural disasters.

Numerous Republican Congresspersons and Senators voted against the FEMA funding last week! Even Senators from the Carolinas, Tenn, Ga, and Fla! House member Matt Gaetz voted against helping his own district!
Yes some did, they voted against a govt funding stop gap bill, out of protest to harris blowing through the budget already

ALL OF VOTES against funding came from Republicans and Dems noted that the funding approved was not adequate

Good luck selling that to the voters. The 100% true ad will accurately state "FEMA gives a billion dollars to illegals and runs out of money for North Carolinians"

Of course it’s not enough! Trump and the gop has noted that harris has blown through the budget, funding her migrant surge

LOL

The news knows what I'm talking about even though you're too ignorant to know...

Former President Donald Trump and his allies have claimed the Federal Emergency Management Agency can’t respond well enough to the aftermath of Hurricane Helene because it’s diverted so much money to helping migrants—but that’s not true, as FEMA’s funds for handling disaster relief efforts are separate from money given to immigrant communities.
But those financial issues aren’t because of money going to migrants: While FEMA and U.S. Customs and Border Protection have given more than $1 billion since the start of 2023 to communities that are taking in migrants, that’s been through the agency’s Shelter and Services Program, a totally different funding pot than the Disaster Relief Fund used to respond to hurricanes and other natural disasters.
Hahab yes your propagandist.

Of course spending causes rhe short fall. Do you not understand how money works? Haha
Spending on migrants didn't, but feel free to engage in those mental gymnastics to feel better about accepting Benedict Donald's lies.

Spending on migrants didn't, but feel free to engage in those mental gymnastics to feel better about accepting Benedict Donald's lies.
Sure it did, we spent billionsc that could have gone here.

You dembots really don’t grasp how money works do you?

maybe I shouldn't of put that "s" - FEMA tapped out for hurricane recovery as GOP points to migrant spending

The Shelter and Services Program (SSP) provides funding to non-federal agencies to spend on humanitarian services for non-U.S. citizens. For the 2024 fiscal year, which ended on Monday, $640 million was made available.

The FEMA website says this funding is intended to "support CBP (U.S. Customs and Border Protection) in the safe, orderly and humane release of noncitizen migrants from short-term holding facilities." The money can be spent on a range of services, including food, shelter, transportation, acute medical care, clothing and translation services.

The budget for the past year was a significant increase from the 2023 fiscal year, when $363 million was allocated. Together, more than $1 billion has been spent on non-citizen services over the past two years.

LOL

"Maybe"??

Dude. It's on their fucking website.

LOL

World's shittiest lawyer, this is also on their website...

Rumor: Funding for FEMA disaster response was diverted to support international efforts or border related issues.

Fact:

This is false. No money is being diverted from disaster response needs. FEMA’s disaster response efforts and individual assistance is funded through the Disaster Relief Fund, which is a dedicated fund for disaster efforts. Disaster Relief Fund money has not been diverted to other, non-disaster related efforts.

It speaks volumes about the harris admin that they direct illegals were to get aid on the fema website
That type of assistance to undocumented immigrants is not unique to the Biden Administration. Nor were any funds diverted to providing that type of assistance from the FEMA Disaster Relief Fund.

You spent money yesterday that could have gone to this. Did it? Why not?
Because I am not the govt you idiot

With that said, if I have 100 dollars, and only budget 30 of thar for my car, because i am spending 70 on booze, and my car breaks down, and I need 40…well, then I got a problem

That’s essentially what the harris admin did here.

Because I am not the govt you idiot

With that said, if I have 100 dollars, and only budget 30 of thar for my car, because i am spending 70 on booze, and my car breaks down, and I need 40…well, then I got a problem

That’s essentially what the harris admin did here.
So you spent money yesterday but none went to disaster relief.

Because it was not ALLOCATED for that

Hmmm

Forum List

Back