Trump caught on tape

Guess what I read....

If true, Trump could face 10 years in prison.

Reports of bombshell Trump recording suggests prosecutors may have grounds to charge him under the Espionage Act​

"There is now every reason to expect former President Trump will be charged" under the Espionage Act.

"The law fits his reported conduct like a hand in glove," Goodman said.

Was that recording legally obtained?

• Sad
Reactions: iku
That isn't the problem. All Presidents (GOP or DEM) have the same power. #45 FPOTUS's problem is he doesn't have the same powers as POTUS anymore now that he's an ex-President.

WW
This BS filter person hasn’t any clue how government works … she thins because Joe had classified documents that he getting off for being charge cause he’s a democrat … she doesn’t see it was Joe who call the FBI telling them he had found Classigied documents and he surrender them to the FBI … she can’t see the difference… so she comes off with this dems get off and if you’re a Republican you don’t … how stupid this person can be she just doesn’t see the difference…

Would it matter to you … would you be surprised that trump himself had it recored … many of the recordings he. Made were subpoenaed from trump… so to the answer to your question, yes they all had subpoenas attached to the recordings …the recordings were all recored with his permission…

I clearly know the powered of the president it’s you who is clueless … no president I repeat loudly, no president can do what trump has done … whether they are democrat or Republican … their political party has nothing to do with it … no president can take classified documents without filing paperwork that he has declassified them … hell, trump has even on tape saying he did’t declassified them … so stop acting stupid unless it’s no act on your part … trump has got his tit in a ringer … anyway you want to rant about this he’s going to take a big fall from government and land into a cell with the rest of his family..
If the problem is unfilled paperwork then you have no case.

Would it matter to you … would you be surprised that trump himself had it recored … many of the recordings he. Made were subpoenaed from trump… so to the answer to your question, yes they all had subpoenas attached to the recordings …the recordings were all recored with his permission…
I doubt that.

iu

Link-?

Yes.

News reporting is that Trump himself directed that interviews and meetings were to be recorded. The audio comes from a meeting discussing Mark Meadows book and so the meeting was recorded.

The audio was on an electronic device (a laptop) - I believe it was one his aids in the meeting - and it was one of the electronic devices subpoena's by the Special Counsel.

WW

I clearly know the powered of the president it’s you who is clueless … no president I repeat loudly, no president can do what trump has done … whether they are democrat or Republican … their political party has nothing to do with it … no president can take classified documents without filing paperwork that he has declassified them … hell, trump has even on tape saying he did’t declassified them … so stop acting stupid unless it’s no act on your part … trump has got his tit in a ringer … anyway you want to rant about this he’s going to take a big fall from government and land into a cell with the rest of his family..
I hope you have the guts to stick around when this is over so I can say I told you so.

"
Sec. 1.3. Classification Authority.

(a) The authority to classify information
originally may be exercised only by:

(1) the President and the Vice President;
(2) agency heads and officials designated by the President; and
(3) United States Government officials delegated this authority "

This thing boils down to trying to prosecute a president for having presidential papers. :wtf:

This BS filter person hasn’t any clue how government works … she thins because Joe had classified documents that he getting off for being charge cause he’s a democrat … she doesn’t see it was Joe who call the FBI telling them he had found Classigied documents and he surrender them to the FBI … she can’t see the difference… so she comes off with this dems get off and if you’re a Republican you don’t … how stupid this person can be she just doesn’t see the difference…
I'm a male. What the hell is Biden doing with classified documents in the first place? Trump said his were declassified when he was President.

Yes.

News reporting is that Trump himself directed that interviews and meetings were to be recorded. The audio comes from a meeting discussing Mark Meadows book and so the meeting was recorded.

The audio was on an electronic device (a laptop) - I believe it was one his aids in the meeting - and it was one of the electronic devices subpoena's by the Special Counsel.

WW
"News reporting" isn't always accurate. Do you have a link to that?

He declassified the documents while he was President.

Which is fine.

He can make the claim in court. But under Judge Dearie, when that specific question was asked - they refused to put the claim before a Judge.

Once he make the claim officially in court, then that opens up Federal prosecutors to do what is called "impeaching the witness" (not to be confused with Constitutional Impeachment - which Trump has already gone through - twice.)

If Trump makes the claim that he declassified the documents PRIOR to leaving office (because we all know he can't declassify items after leaving office), then the prosecution will bring out:
  • Text showing Trump still directing that the documents be treated as classified,
  • Emails showing Trump still directing that the documents be treated as classified,
  • The will bring in a parade of staff, aids, counselors, etc. and have them testify under oath how Trump referred to the documents and how they were treated,
  • They will show the documents themselves (probably in redacted form) showing the classification markings still on the documents because once documents are declassified those markings have to be removed,
  • The will talk about the June 2022 federal subpoena requiring the FPOTUS to return classified documents and how he did return some and then address the fact that Trump never disagreed with the fact the Redweld of documents returned were classified and that if he had declassified the items then he should have challenged the subpoena. An action he didn't take therefore admitting the documents were still classified.
  • Finally they will play audio of Trump himself referring to classified documents from June 2021 (after he left office) and how they were still secret and he couldn't declassify them now.
So...

..... ..... ..... Yes please.

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Please make the claim before a Judge in court.

WW

Which is fine.

He can make the claim in court. But under Judge Dearie, when that specific question was asked - they refused to put the claim before a Judge.

Once he make the claim officially in court, then that opens up Federal prosecutors to do what is called "impeaching the witness" (not to be confused with Constitutional Impeachment - which Trump has already gone through - twice.)

If Trump makes the claim that he declassified the documents PRIOR to leaving office (because we all know he can't declassify items after leaving office), then the prosecution will bring out:
  • Text showing Trump still directing that the documents be treated as classified,
  • Emails showing Trump still directing that the documents be treated as classified,
  • The will bring in a parade of staff, aids, counselors, etc. and have them testify under oath how Trump referred to the documents and how they were treated,
  • They will show the documents themselves (probably in redacted form) showing the classification markings still on the documents because once documents are declassified those markings have to be removed,
  • The will talk about the June 2022 federal subpoena requiring the FPOTUS to return classified documents and how he did return some and then address the fact that Trump never disagreed with the fact the Redweld of documents returned were classified and that if he had declassified the items then he should have challenged the subpoena. An action he didn't take therefore admitting the documents were still classified.
  • Finally they will play audio of Trump himself referring to classified documents from June 2021 (after he left office) and how they were still secret and he couldn't declassify them now.
So...

..... ..... ..... Yes please.

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Please make the claim before a Judge in court.

WW
We're gonna find out soon. If Joe Biden can get by with storing classified documents with no problem, Trump shouldn't have any problem. The real problem here is the double standard.

We're gonna find out soon. If Joe Biden can get by with storing classified documents with no problem, Trump shouldn't have any problem. The real problem here is the double standard.

18 USC 793(e) of the Espionage Act deals with willful retention of national defense information and the refusal of the individual to return the items to authorized government representatives when requested. The FPOTUS refused, hence the charge. On the other hand Biden (current POTUS) contacted the NARA and FBI as soon as they were discovered. So did Mike Pence (also a current GOP candidate for POTUS). Neither the POTUS or other GOP candidate is likely to be charged because of their actions to cooperate with both (a) returning the documents, and (b) voluntary FBI searches to verify no other documents were in their possession.

The other charges that the #45 FPOTUS is facing include obstruction, conspiracy, and falsification of statements - again something that neither the current POTUS or GOP candidate have done.

#45 FPOTUS's problems all stem from actions he took, he isn't the victim he claims to be.

WW

18 USC 793(e) of the Espionage Act deals with willful retention of national defense information and the refusal of the individual to return the items to authorized government representatives when requested. The FPOTUS refused, hence the charge. On the other hand Biden (current POTUS) contacted the NARA and FBI as soon as they were discovered. So did Mike Pence (also a current GOP candidate for POTUS). Neither the POTUS or other GOP candidate is likely to be charged because of their actions to cooperate with both (a) returning the documents, and (b) voluntary FBI searches to verify no other documents were in their possession.

The other charges that the #45 FPOTUS is facing include obstruction, conspiracy, and falsification of statements - again something that neither the current POTUS or GOP candidate have done.

#45 FPOTUS's problems all stem from actions he took, he isn't the victim he claims to be.

WW
We're gonna find out. An ex President doesn't have to jump just because some biased politicians use the FBI to harass him. Trump IS a victim here. He's been harassed from the first day he took office.

We're gonna find out. An ex President doesn't have to jump just because some biased politicians use the FBI to harass him. Trump IS a victim here. He's been harassed from the first day he took office.

AP23094670092069.jpg

Even ex-President's jump when ordered to appear in a criminal trial as the defended especially in Federal court.

See if they don't they the Judge issues a bench warrant for their arrest and they go to county jail pending the next court appearance.

I'm sure the FPOTUS's legal team has been explaining that to him.

He does appear to be a little less bombastic when before a Judge that can lock him up.

WW

AP23094670092069.jpg

Even ex-President's jump when ordered to appear in a criminal trial as the defended especially in Federal court.

See if they don't they the Judge issues a bench warrant for their arrest and they go to county jail pending the next court appearance.

I'm sure the FPOTUS's legal team has been explaining that to him.

He does appear to be a little less bombastic when before a Judge that can lock him up.

WW
No one is going to put Trump in jail. That's delusional, although I understand the burning desire by the hateful left to do it. That's what totalitarians do. Being respectful in court isn't being "less bombastic".

Forum List

Back