Trump claims he's done more for blacks than any other president except Lincoln......

If Trump knew how to read, he could learn about LBJ
LBJ actually had a larger % of Republicans voting for the Civil Rights bill than Democrats. True fact.
LBJ gave the South to the Republicans in retaliation of his support of Civil Rights

He thought it was worth it
Was that before or after the Super Klansman, Robert Byrd D, was the chairman of the House ways and means committee? Now I remember, Byrd was still just a rising star during the Johnson administration.

Wow....................in an interview with Fox's Harris Faulkner, Trump claims that he's done more than any other president except Lincoln, and he even called what Lincoln did questionable. Can't make this stuff up folks, he actually said that.

Wonder if this is gonna have an effect on whether or not the black community will support him?

• President Donald Trump claimed in a Fox News interview that he's done more for the Black community than any other president, including Abraham Lincoln.
  • "He did good, although it's always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result —" Trump said of Lincoln before Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner cut him off.
  • "Well, we are free, Mr. President, so I think he did pretty well," Faulkner, who is Black, said.
  • Lincoln is one of the most popular presidents in US history and widely revered for signing the Emancipation Proclamation, which ended slavery.
  • "This may well be the president's most audacious claim ever," Michael Fauntroy, a professor of political science at Howard University, told The New York Times. "Not only has he not done more than anybody else, he's done close to the least."
Name a President that did more.

Well, for one, Johnson, who got the Equal Rights Act through, as well as the Equal Voting Act. What legislation that is beneficial has Trump pushed through?
The Equal Rights Act was for women, not blacks.

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 was passed by a super majority of Congress thus didn’t require LBJ’s consent. He was a known racist that used the “n-word” commonly in private.

“Son, when I appoint a nig**r to the court, I want everyone to know he’s a nig**r.” -LBJ.

Wow....................in an interview with Fox's Harris Faulkner, Trump claims that he's done more than any other president except Lincoln, and he even called what Lincoln did questionable. Can't make this stuff up folks, he actually said that.

Wonder if this is gonna have an effect on whether or not the black community will support him?

• President Donald Trump claimed in a Fox News interview that he's done more for the Black community than any other president, including Abraham Lincoln.
  • "He did good, although it's always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result —" Trump said of Lincoln before Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner cut him off.
  • "Well, we are free, Mr. President, so I think he did pretty well," Faulkner, who is Black, said.
  • Lincoln is one of the most popular presidents in US history and widely revered for signing the Emancipation Proclamation, which ended slavery.
  • "This may well be the president's most audacious claim ever," Michael Fauntroy, a professor of political science at Howard University, told The New York Times. "Not only has he not done more than anybody else, he's done close to the least."

Well, for one, Johnson, who got the Equal Rights Act through, as well as the Equal Voting Act. What legislation that is beneficial has Trump pushed through?

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 was passed by a super majority of Congress thus didn’t require LBJ’s consent. He was a known racist that used the “n-word” commonly in private.

“Son, when I appoint a nig**r to the court, I want everyone to know he’s a nig**r.” -LBJ.

Wrong. The 19th amendment, brought about by women's sufferage is what gave women the right to vote.

Hoping that the U.S. Supreme Court would rule that women had a constitutional right to vote, suffragists made several attempts to vote in the early 1870s and then filed lawsuits when they were turned away. Anthony actually succeeded in voting in 1872 but was arrested for that act and found guilty in a widely publicized trial that gave the movement fresh momentum. After the Supreme Court ruled against them in the 1875 case Minor v. Happersett, suffragists began the decades-long campaign for an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would enfranchise women. Much of the movement's energy, however, went toward working for suffrage on a state-by-state basis.

In 1916 Alice Paul formed the National Woman's Party (NWP), a militant group focused on the passage of a national suffrage amendment. Over 200 NWP supporters, the Silent Sentinels, were arrested in 1917 while picketing the White House, some of whom went on hunger strike and endured forced feeding after being sent to prison. Under the leadership of Carrie Chapman Catt, the two-million-member NAWSA also made a national suffrage amendment its top priority. After a hard-fought series of votes in the U.S. Congress and in state legislatures, the Nineteenth Amendment became part of the U.S. Constitution on August 18, 1920.[4] It states, "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

The Voting Rights act of 1965 (under Johnson's administration) is what gave minorities the right to vote.

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 is a landmark piece of federal legislation in the United States that prohibits racial discrimination in voting.[7][8] It was signed into law by U.S President Lyndon B. Johnson during the height of the civil rights movement on August 6, 1965, and Congress later amended the Act five times to expand its protections.[7] Designed to enforce the voting rights guaranteed by the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution, the Act secured the right to vote for racial minorities throughout the country, especially in the South. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, the Act is considered to be the most effective piece of federal civil rights legislation ever enacted in the country.[9]

The Act contains numerous provisions that regulate elections. The Act's "general provisions" provide nationwide protections for voting rights. Section 2 is a general provision that prohibits every state and local government from imposing any voting law that results in discrimination against racial or language minorities. Other general provisions specifically outlaw literacy tests and similar devices that were historically used to disenfranchise racial minorities.

I'm guessing US history wasn't a class you did very well in.

If Trump knew how to read, he could learn about LBJ
LBJ actually had a larger % of Republicans voting for the Civil Rights bill than Democrats. True fact.
LBJ gave the South to the Republicans in retaliation of his support of Civil Rights

He thought it was worth it
Was that before or after the Super Klansman, Robert Byrd D, was the chairman of the House ways and means committee? Now I remember, Byrd was still just a rising star during the Johnson administration.
Byrd was not President
Try to keep up

Wrong. The 19th amendment, brought about by women's sufferage is what gave women the right to vote.

Hoping that the U.S. Supreme Court would rule that women had a constitutional right to vote, suffragists made several attempts to vote in the early 1870s and then filed lawsuits when they were turned away. Anthony actually succeeded in voting in 1872 but was arrested for that act and found guilty in a widely publicized trial that gave the movement fresh momentum. After the Supreme Court ruled against them in the 1875 case Minor v. Happersett, suffragists began the decades-long campaign for an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would enfranchise women. Much of the movement's energy, however, went toward working for suffrage on a state-by-state basis.

In 1916 Alice Paul formed the National Woman's Party (NWP), a militant group focused on the passage of a national suffrage amendment. Over 200 NWP supporters, the Silent Sentinels, were arrested in 1917 while picketing the White House, some of whom went on hunger strike and endured forced feeding after being sent to prison. Under the leadership of Carrie Chapman Catt, the two-million-member NAWSA also made a national suffrage amendment its top priority. After a hard-fought series of votes in the U.S. Congress and in state legislatures, the Nineteenth Amendment became part of the U.S. Constitution on August 18, 1920.[4] It states, "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

The Voting Rights act of 1965 (under Johnson's administration) is what gave minorities the right to vote.

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 is a landmark piece of federal legislation in the United States that prohibits racial discrimination in voting.[7][8] It was signed into law by U.S President Lyndon B. Johnson during the height of the civil rights movement on August 6, 1965, and Congress later amended the Act five times to expand its protections.[7] Designed to enforce the voting rights guaranteed by the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution, the Act secured the right to vote for racial minorities throughout the country, especially in the South. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, the Act is considered to be the most effective piece of federal civil rights legislation ever enacted in the country.[9]

The Act contains numerous provisions that regulate elections. The Act's "general provisions" provide nationwide protections for voting rights. Section 2 is a general provision that prohibits every state and local government from imposing any voting law that results in discrimination against racial or language minorities. Other general provisions specifically outlaw literacy tests and similar devices that were historically used to disenfranchise racial minorities.

You’re the one that said “Equal Rights Act” which isn’t a law that was passed, but it was based on sex not race.

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 is what I already referred to, so not sure what your link is trying to prove. Maybe you should read the link and see the vote tally I referred to, making LBJ’s signature useless.

I did very well in US History, you obviously did not.

You’re the one that said “Equal Rights Act” which isn’t a law that was passed, but it was based on sex not race.

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 is what I already referred to, so not sure what your link is trying to prove. Maybe you should read the link and see the vote tally I referred to, making LBJ’s signature useless.

The reason women were given the right to vote was because of womens sufferage leading to the 19th amendment being passed. Not what you claimed.

He's actually done more harm to black people in this country than any modern President.

November's result will show you what black people think about the Race-Soldier-in-Chief.

Good thing there's more redneck's in this country then darkies...

Lollololol

The Voting Rights Act and Civil Rights Act never would have passed without LBJ begging, arm twisting and maneuvering to get the votes.

The reason women were given the right to vote was because of womens sufferage leading to the 19th amendment being passed. Not what you claimed.
I never claimed women weren’t given the right to vote. :poke:

You erroneously named a bill thinking it had to do with LBJ and what he did for blacks.

But, if you still want to say that a known racist that commonly used the n-word to describe blacks was better for blacks than President Trump, then go right on ahead. I love it when Dems show their appreciation to racists.

You erroneously named a bill thinking it had to do with LBJ and what he did for blacks.

But, if you still want to say that a known racist that commonly used the n-word to describe blacks was better for blacks than President Trump, then go right on ahead. I love it when Dems show their appreciation to racists.

No, you said it was the Equal Rights Act that gave women the right to vote. I said what it really was, and that was women's sufferage combined with the 19th amendment. If anyone is curious about what each of us said, they can simply hit the "click to expand" button.

What specific policy did Trump pass which helped the Black people?
criminal just

Lincoln was one of the most racist presidents we ever had.
How many blacks died under his tyranny?

Really? You're gonna try to go with that? Lincoln is the one who FREED them dumbass.
He was still racist as fuck, dumbass.
He didnt even want so end slavery dumbass. That was only a war cry to england wouldnt start helping the confederates.
Learn history, DUMBASS

Got links to back up your bullshit, or is this just more crap you pulled outta your ass?
Again, its history.
How the fuck you gonna discuss with someone about lincoln and not know he was racist? That he didnt want to free slaves?
Read his first inaugural address.
Read his EP. Read his reasoning for the EP.
Goddamn you are dumb.

So, no links, just b.s. you pulled outta your ass, sprinkled with trolling insults. But, that is what I've come to expect from you.
YOU started the insults.
I also told you where to look. Its not my fault you are too intellectually dishonest to look it up.
Now sit in your willful ignorance and bathe. Dumbass

No, you said it was the Equal Rights Act that gave women the right to vote. I said what it really was, and that was women's sufferage combined with the 19th amendment. If anyone is curious about what each of us said, they can simply hit the "click to expand" button.
Jesus Christ you’re thick. Go ahead and expand and see what I said. I never said the “Equal Rights Act” gave women the right to vote. I said it was “for women, not blacks”. I never said the bill did anything, because I knew it was a bill that never got passed and signed into law.
To be fair, there is no such thing as the “Equal Rights Act”, but that is the phrase YOU used. The bill I was referring to was the Equal Rights Amendment, which is the closest thing to what you said.

Some day Colonel Sanders will get his due.He is the one white man who has done more for the blacks the Trump or Lincoln.

Forum List

Back