Trump claims to have invented "priming the pump"

mamooth

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
As the epic-scale lies just keep coming, the epic-scale excuses from the Trumpsuckers will also keep coming.

The phrase "priming the pump", in an economic context, has been in common usage since the 1930s. Trump just declared he invented it.

http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript
---
Yes.
We have to prime the pump.

It’s very Keynesian.
We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?

Priming the pump?
Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.
Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just…I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.
---

Trumpsuckers, this is where you try to deflect by whining by some Democrat. Please proceed.

(And also, the USA is nowhere near the highest-taxed nation in the world. That's another epic-scale lie.)

As the epic-scale lies just keep coming, the epic-scale excuses from the Trumpsuckers will also keep coming.

The phrase "priming the pump", in an economic context, has been in common usage since the 1930s. Trump just declared he invented it.

---
Yes.

It’s very Keynesian.
We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?

Priming the pump?
Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.
Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just…I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.
---

Trumpsuckers, this is where you try to deflect by whining by some Democrat. Please proceed.

(And also, the USA is nowhere near the highest-taxed nation in the world. That's another epic-scale lie.)
As dismaying as that is, it barely registers.......our tolerance for the Patently Idiotic is clearly increasing.

---
Yes.

It’s very Keynesian.

Priming the pump?
Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.
---

supply side economics is not about actual work; we have fools and horses for that, it is about making capital do the work and make money for us.

---
Yes.

It’s very Keynesian.

Priming the pump?
Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.
---

supply side economics is not about actual work; we have fools and horses for that, it is about making capital do the work and make money for us.
No...it is exclusively about roping in the Rubes......

---
Yes.

It’s very Keynesian.

Priming the pump?
Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.
---

No...it is exclusively about roping in the Rubes......
it should be about, supply side economics supplying us with better governance at lower cost.

---
Yes.

It’s very Keynesian.

Priming the pump?
Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.
---

We have a president* who is suffering from dementia ...

“Well, sometimes you have to prime the pump,” he says. “So sometimes in order to get jobs going and the country going, because, look, we’re at 1% growth.” - Donald Trump 2016

"We are also going to lower our business tax rate from 35 percent all the way down to 15 percent. That’s going to be big. Going to prime the pump. Got to prime the pump" - Donald Trump later 2016

"We have to prime the pump....Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just...I came up with it a couple of days ago." - Donald Trump today

Prime Time

More of Trump's senile ravings ... he now says the Navy has digital aircraft catapults (not electromagnetic, but "digital"), and that he's ordering the Navy to throw them away, because some unnamed person he spoke to said they were bad.

Read Donald Trump's Interview With TIME on Being President
--
You know the catapult is quite important. So I said what is this? Sir, this is our digital catapult system. He said well, we’re going to this because we wanted to keep up with modern [technology]. I said you don’t use steam anymore for catapult? No sir. I said, "Ah, how is it working?" "Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.

"It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said–and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be–"Sir, we’re staying with digital." I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.
---

Forum List

Back